It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Illinois: illegal immigrant driver's licenses available in 10 months

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
The system is flawed, what if you're just a good illegal immigrant who just wants a better life, doesn't bother anyone and works hard for everything he gots.

Isn't that what you want in your country, Shouldn't you be "rewarding" that. Make his life a little easier, so he can enjoy what the country has to offer.

No. Because there are 1,000 other people who want the same thing and are waiting to come here legally. If he wants to enjoy what this country has to offer he can get in line. Everyone at the grocery store wants food. Do you think it's ok for some people to just cut the entire line because they want to get home faster?

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by okiecowboy

No, I'm well aware of all the other stuff, but what you're advocating is that they can have my money both directly AND indirectly.

So do you believe there shouldn't be any kind of policy in place that would protect us from some of this madness? Just leave things as they are and hope somebody does something sometime about the larger problem? Just nevermind any smaller issues that can be resolved, because, hey, they shouldn't be here in the first place!

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Boycott iLLinois.

STOP buying firearms made in iLLinois. STOP buying gun parts from suppliers and makers in iLLInois. STOP buying food or anything from iLLinois.

If Obama did ban "Assault Rifles", the only State it would hurt is iLLinois!....where all the black rifles are made. His PsYoP to "ban guns"......got everyone to dump BILLIONS into iLLinois. STOP falling for it.

Stop feeding the BEAST.

iLLinois is the ENEMY of all FREE LAW ABIDING AMERICANS. Boycott them.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 02:13 AM
link   
reply to post by LuckyLucian

What I am saying is there is no protection, until we lock the borders down and get them out of country..

Those drivers license cost money..not alot given but money none the less....
the workers that give the tests..get paid..
The people that enter these folks into the system computers get paid..
And for each one of these that do not speak english..someone has to translate...they get paid..
Drivers study books...cost to be printed...translated copies if needed...cost money..

Who pays that bill..?

And just think how many more will come to your state if they know they can get something like this?

Now if they were tax paying folks, that would help offset the cost...but they are not...they simply take from the system and pay nothing in..

I feel your pain...i really do.

But giving more hand outs to crooks is not the answer..

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 02:14 AM
link   
reply to post by LuckyLucian

Fair enough..and I'm not cutting off my end of this in anger. Just resignation. I don't want to sound more serious on this than I mean it. Check my foe list sometime...it's a VERY short list and people really provoked the living crap out of me to get on it. That's the short list of folks I wouldn't reply to if the world depended on it and nothing here is remotely like that on any level.

I'm tired from a long day ..and we really are on very different points here. You'd have them get an ID when they show up...and I'd have them arrested with absolutely 0 tolerance involved and on a plane back to wherever in the world they came from by the end of the day. You've made your points..and I've made mine. Fair, indeed. We've kinda run out of places to go except beyond debate and into fighting. Nothing negative yet, but not seeing anywhere else to go either.

It's an agree to disagree moment.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by okiecowboy
I see several posters talking about immigration reform. What is there to reform? The system is already set up for people to come here legally. So why must we reform anything...if they wanted to be legal they could have been just like anyone else..

How is bypassing the system going to make them better citizens? They are criminals why give them anything but a bus ride out of the country? This is a nation of laws, when you break those laws..you lose your status as decent law abiding citizens, our prisons are full of criminals...they lost the rights to own guns, vote, etc...such is the cost of a crime..

Are you being ignorant on purpose or are you letting your emotions get the best of you?

If you don't realize that the current immigration system is broken, then you must have been living in the Twiright zone for the last couple of decades.

If the system isn't broken then why do we have 10 million people in the country illegally? SOMETHING must be broken?

Honestly I wish they'd do this in every state.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 04:06 AM
link   
reply to post by muse7

because they keep coming here for the free hand out as in most of their countries(mexico for example) are war torn hellholes,what were getting is the rats jumping the ship because they think its gonna sink(their home country) so they come here and ignore the problems of their country and don't try to fix it,that and our general soft hand on illegal immigration(compared to 80%ish of the world) hell they sure get treated better and harassed less then the legal immigrants that go through the process where the illegals just seem to get "line cuts" why their legal counterparts wait their turn

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by RalagaNarHallas
reply to post by muse7

because they keep coming here for the free hand out as in most of their countries(mexico for example) are war torn hellholes,what were getting is the rats jumping the ship because they think its gonna sink(their home country) so they come here and ignore the problems of their country and don't try to fix it,that and our general soft hand on illegal immigration(compared to 80%ish of the world) hell they sure get treated better and harassed less then the legal immigrants that go through the process where the illegals just seem to get "line cuts" why their legal counterparts wait their turn

Do you also think that every person that seeks asylum in the U.S. from a war torn hell hole is a rat just jumping from the sinking ship?

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by jhn7537
So today when I was watching the local news here in Chicago a story popped up about the Governor signing a bill allowing illegal immigrants to get drivers licenses... Now wait... They're illegal immigrants and you're giving them the right to drive here legally? Anyone see a problem with this? Oh yea, thats right, that's just our corrupt govt. playing right into the illegal minorities of this state to keep that true blue going strong...

Gov. Pat Quinn signed a bill into law Sunday allowing illegal immigrants to get special driver's licenses, but it will be at least another 10 months before they'll start being issued.

The Illinois secretary of state's office estimates it'll need that much time to finalize rules and train employees about who qualifies and what paperwork can be accepted.

The lag time did little to dampen the mood of hundreds who braved icy weather to watch the ceremonial bill signing on Chicago's Southwest Side. The fanfare at Instituto del Progreso Latino included performances by a mariachi band and a roster of speakers 15 dignitaries deep. Supporters said the measure will make it easier for undocumented immigrants to get insurance.

"This bill is not just about driver's licenses, it's about equality for all," said sponsoring Rep. Edward Acevedo, D-Chicago.

What bothers me is that Edward Acevedo (quoted above) states that this is not about drivers license but about equality??? Since when is not being a citizen and not having to go through the proper channels to obtain citizenship an equality issue.

Honestly, I'm shocked that I continue to live in this god awful state named Illinois. It's beyond corrupted and they seem to want to make life easier for illegal immigrants... I love how the Gov. signs this bill on a Sunday, who signs bills on a Sunday? To a certain degree I feel that my civil rights our being violated. Illegals are driving on roads and streets paid with my tax money. I say, Let's sue the state for helping people break federal law. WTF! Shouldn't ICE be called when one of these illegals goes for a drivers license? What's the point of ICE then if they dont do something about this...

I know many will probably hate me for this thread and will reply with "we all came here illegal unless your native american" or some crap like that...

Source
edit on 27-1-2013 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

How can they show their ID and where they live to prove who they are? Only in America pmsl

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 05:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by LuckyLucian
reply to post by jhn7537

The third quote you have there is the the reason for this and I wish it happened about 6 years ago. Illegal immigrants drive. They don't have insurance. In September of '06 I was hit in the passenger side while driving down Harlem in Orland Park. They were at fault, but I paid. And my insurance went up. They were uninsured because they had no license... because they were an illegal immigrant.

Say what you will about them being an illegal immigrant, but doing this potentially has numerous benefits. Among them properly insuring drivers and saving the insured from months and months of stupid insurance company BS.

I 100% agree with this. Its better if they have a Drivers license and insurance then maybe killing someone or putting someone in the hospital, and no insurance to cover the accident.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by OccamsRazor04

Originally posted by randomname
The system is flawed, what if you're just a good illegal immigrant who just wants a better life, doesn't bother anyone and works hard for everything he gots.

Isn't that what you want in your country, Shouldn't you be "rewarding" that. Make his life a little easier, so he can enjoy what the country has to offer.

No. Because there are 1,000 other people who want the same thing and are waiting to come here legally. If he wants to enjoy what this country has to offer he can get in line. Everyone at the grocery store wants food. Do you think it's ok for some people to just cut the entire line because they want to get home faster?

I don't see how "they" get here as a problem. People still come here on visas while others hop the border. Makes no difference. You can't generalize a whole group of people based on your own small ignorant view.
-Half the folks on this website wouldn't understand WHY it is they come here because nearly all the folks on here were born in more fortunate Country.

Yet because they were blessed by being born somewhere great, they criticize others as if they had a say in where they were born. Doesn't seem like an "american" thing to do. Because if you want to be technical about it, then ALL of us are essentially immigrants (unless your native american).

I don't believe it is just to try and strip rights of people who are simply looking for a better life.
Have you been to Mexico lately?

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 06:51 AM
link   
The concept of borders and countries are nothing but statism.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by WaterBottle

Exactly. Yet people feel they have RIGHTS to say who can enter and stay. c'mon... seriously, this is all of our land.
The idea of OWNING a peice of land is man made. Nothing more.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Remember when Reagan signed amnesty for millions of illegal immigrants? Yet republicans love to harp on about the democrats doing such things...

Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986

legalized illegal immigrants who entered the United States before January 1, 1982 and had resided there continuously with the penalty of a fine, back taxes due, and admission of guilt. About three million illegal immigrants were granted legal status.

en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 28-1-2013 by WaterBottle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by resoe26

Exactly. Yet people feel they have RIGHTS to say who can enter and stay. c'mon... seriously, this is all of our land.

And it's funny the right wing is always going on about big government and statism yet worship the invisible borders set by the state.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by scotsdavy1

How can they show their ID and where they live to prove who they are? Only in America pmsl

Other countries have their own state ID's...

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by resoe26

And it's funny the right wing is always going on about big government and statism yet worship the invisible borders set by the state.

Exactly. Quite contradicting.
It seems more and more like the kool aid has been drank by more than we know.
--We all should be able to move freely throughout the world. Regardless of "borders".

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

I have read most of the posts on the first page.
You know what is really sad about this?I agree
with every reply I have read and we would all be
called racists for our it.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by ANOK

I would stay in my country and make it a place worth living in. I wouldn't move to another country and expect to be catered too.

I just think it's odd that you people think that people that have been criminals for 2-20 years, are suddenly going to be rushing out to be legal and spend money.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by 200Plus
reply to post by ANOK

I would stay in my country and make it a place worth living in. I wouldn't move to another country and expect to be catered too.

I just think it's odd that you people think that people that have been criminals for 2-20 years, are suddenly going to be rushing out to be legal and spend money.

Who says they are expecting to be catered to?
Wanna see catered? How bout you point a finger at the many folks on food stamps and public housing.
--Get this, How come when you see homeless folks, none of them are mexican?
Even though anytime mexicans get jobs in the US, they are because employers can pay them cheaper than any American.

If they were looking for handouts, I don't think they would be working in berry fields and corn fields for terrible wages. These are jobs Americans refuse to do.
edit on 28-1-2013 by resoe26 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join