It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Illinois: illegal immigrant driver's licenses available in 10 months

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 11:32 PM
link   
This complete insanity was law here in Tennessee, of all places, A squirmy dem gov put this past the state house. Lines in the dmv were long and painful as interpreters were hired by the state to cater to the new citizens. How do you read road signs if you do not know the language. A long time friend was hit by one of these illegals, he spoke no english, therefore a translating cop was called, it was not his car, he had no license, or insurance, caused the accident, by witness accounts, and seemed pissed at all of the fuss. The bonehead cop gave my friend a ticket for not having a new ins card, let the illegal go without any info varification. The fine immigrant vanished, and what do you think happened to my friend's insurance costs? After a run of this insanity, the law was overturned, But there is a program in most states, you may not be aware of. A nation of laws must enforce these laws or they are meaningless. Now our glorious dictator wants imigration reform shoved down our throats, all in the name of votes, This is just pure BS, and must change, or we will lose our country, remember tick-tock?

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by LuckyLucian
reply to post by beezzer

C'mon Beezer, we both know a drivers license doesn't equal a right to vote. An illegal immigrant isn't a citizen by definition, and only citizens can vote. I can't find anywhere in the 14th, 15th, 19th, 23rd, 24th or 26th Amendments where it states "those with a drivers license have the right to vote".

And this'll stop illegal voting?

C'mon!

If they have state ID, a driver's license, then they can get all sorts of bennies slated for legal persons.

Voting is just one aspect.

I wonder how they will be able to get passed the social security number issue, unless Quinn is doling them out as well.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by LuckyLucian

No...no...it doesn't give voting rights.....but if you give a mouse a cookie...he's gonna want milk....this is ridiculous...I eff'n hate illinois.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Oh and here is another great story for you all to read from the wonderful state of Illinois

Senators agree on immigration overhaul plan that would grant legal status to most here illegally

Chicago Tribune

That's 11 million votes for the democratic party.... This is getting out of hand....

And here is the Mayor of Chicago on the drivers license bill passed today

"So goes Illinois, so goes the country," Mayor Rahm Emanuel said at Sunday's event. "Let's take this day and build a better future by passing immigration reform."

edit on 27-1-2013 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 11:46 PM
link   
I wonder if they will have to supply all kinds of endless identifying paperwork like we, the legal citizens have to? Whenever I took my daughter to get her license when she turned 16, I felt like I brought an illegal in to get one. She had to have all kinds of identifying paperwork. Try coming up with two pieces of "qualifying" mail for a kid. She rarely ever got mail.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Neopan100

No...no...it doesn't give voting rights.....but if you give a mouse a cookie...he's gonna want milk....this is ridiculous...I eff'n hate illinois.

This is the beginning of the end. Now more will flock to IL. Means more gangs, more drugs, more public assistance. All this just to keep Democrats in power. They care little for this great country of ours.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 11:52 PM
link   
IMO this should be a sting operation. When an Illegal shows up for their license, usher them out the back door of the DMV to a bus waiting to take them back to the country they are a citizen of. If they want to be here legally, then go through the proper channels and become a citizen.

I have lived in Illinois for nearly 50 years, and am beside myself at what this once great state has become. Our government has become nothing more than a bunch of poop stains.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 11:59 PM
link   
I just read tons of other states are going to do this...???? What..DL and free tuition for university...omg is there no end to the madness? I want out of here...I'm so worn out by this country..I just want to get away..I want to be left alone...I want to see these corrupt politians burn at the stake..I'm so fed up.........I'm I the only one that feels like they fallen down the rabbit hole and entered bizarro world????

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

They didn't lose every area but Chicago. Obama won Cook and most of its surroundings as well as nearly every northwest county, Champaign County, along with St Clair, Jackson and Alexander Counties downstate. Only 6 of 18 districts went Republican. There were 2,161,599 Republican votes in House elections versus 2,640,819 for Democrats. That's an 11 point difference when accounting for votes cast for Independents like Lewis and Monaghan to go with Obama's 16 point margin of victory. This isn't because of minorities.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 12:02 AM
link   
My uncle had his garage ripped off by his friend, And guess what, he was an ILLEGAL, had him in custody, they knew he was ILLEGAL, and guess what I.C.E. did? Not a damn thing, he is still running the streets. What is more messed up, my uncle was in the hospital for a few months when this happened, he almost died, got home and had to deal with this??

Ok, I'm going back on this job thing, If the normal, common folk do not do their job the way it is antipated to be done, we'd get fired. I haven't heard of one ILLEGAL being shipped back, WTF does ICE do??

to come here legally is one thing, but like someone in the thread said earlier, If they break the law to get here , they will break it when they are here. And yes, the ones who are here on the up and up are good people, I know a few of them myself. I'm right next to Illinois, so I'm sure Indiana is sure to follow.....

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 12:06 AM
link   

I just read tons of other states are going to do this...???? What..DL and free tuition for university...omg is there no end to the madness? I want out of here...I'm so worn out by this country..I just want to get away..I want to be left alone...I want to see these corrupt politians burn at the stake..I'm so fed up.........I'm I the only one that feels like they fallen down the rabbit hole and entered bizarro world????

I'm right there with you. Free tution?? WTF, I can't even get free tution, we should take care of our own first, we can't even do that, so YEAH, lets legalize ALL the ILLEGALS so we can have an even bigger ClusterFuk. I can not see the logic in this.......damn

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by thepolish1

11,000 to 18,000 illegals have been deported from Illinois each of the last few years. I mentioned the immigration issue is a federal one and ICE is a Federal agency under DHS (and I have seen ICE raids at a few factories I had contract work in, and I do know of a number of them were deported). The Federal government must stop dragging its feet on immigration reform.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by jhn7537
They're illegal immigrants and you're giving them the right to drive here legally?

So you think they should drive around illegally?

Now that I have a problem with.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by 200Plus
You are dealing with people that BROKE THE LAW by coming into the country.

So all you care about is they broke a law?

You don't care that maybe the law is immoral, and there might be better ways to solve the problem than making people illegal?

What would you do in their situation? Wouldn't you migrate, like your ancestors did? Can you honestly say no?

edit on 1/28/2013 by ANOK because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by ANOK

They shouldn't be here at all....if illegal..

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 12:32 AM
link   
I see several posters talking about immigration reform. What is there to reform? The system is already set up for people to come here legally. So why must we reform anything...if they wanted to be legal they could have been just like anyone else..

How is bypassing the system going to make them better citizens? They are criminals why give them anything but a bus ride out of the country? This is a nation of laws, when you break those laws..you lose your status as decent law abiding citizens, our prisons are full of criminals...they lost the rights to own guns, vote, etc...such is the cost of a crime..

link   
reply to post by ANOK

Listen....when I can go anywhere in the worl I want and do whatever I like..buy land..own a home...drive...work under the table...whatever ...then I will be here with open arms..until then I pay ...THEY pay...I have to follow the law...so do they...omg I can't even believe there are people defending this......

link   

reply to post by ANOK

They shouldn't be here at all....if illegal..

Thank you... Some people seem to be missing the BIG picture that they shouldn't be here period, so they SHOULDN'T need a drivers license or insurance...

This is our Govt's way of caving to a situation that they seem to not be able to fix or they dont care to fix it...

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 12:35 AM
link   

I agree LuckyLucian, the enforcement agencies must stop dragging their feet. Our tax dollars are being wasted by all the red tape involved - typical government program.

It's unfortunate that those who are here illegally, seem to be rewarded. Give em this, give em that, all the while many citizens work their tails off to barely make ends meet.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by ANOK

If the law is immoral, change it. If the law is simply undesirable? change it.

This crap of just pretending the laws of this nation simply don't exist? That's anarchy and the fall of a nation. Where does it stop?

When Republicans some day do regain power in this nation as history says will absolutely happen...what laws should then be tolerated as being flat out ignored? I suppose everyone okay with that attitude now will be just fine with it then, too right?

I respect the people starting to see ALL cases of ignoring the law equally regardless of party or allegiance because it really is all levels of Government anymore and this HARD push to solve the illegal problem by simply making them legal has been going on since the start of Baby Bush. To be real, it started with Reagan and the Amensty deal he was suckered into on the promise of enforcement measures which ..shockingly...never came as promised by Congress.

Now I don't want to have them here driving illegally. Of course not. I DON'T WANT THEM HERE AT ALL. That is the whole point. Illegal = Criminal = In need of arrest and processing at the soonest opportunity. JUST as would be done to ME if I were illegally residing in any other nation.

Mexico, for example, is downright brutal on Illegals THEY catch on THEIR Southern Border as they try and cry to us about the fact we don't just hand illegals here everything on a platter with a sorry note for making them "feel bad".

At least most other nations with illegals flowing in here don't back them with such total arrogance. It IS an international problem though with all nationalities coming here against all laws we have. DEPORT THEM ALL. That solves it.

When the numbers are SOMEWHAT under control and the borders have something LIKE security on them? Then perhaps lets talk about what to do with who is left inside the borders...but right now it's SO wildly out of control NO ONE can even agree within MILLIONS what the actual numbers are!

All the while...we have DOUBLE DIGIT unemployment across many areas and some whole states of this nation while allowing illegals to just keep coming and coming and coming. It's not a question of whether the United States fails and crashes...but WHICH factor does it to us first. The whole system is running out of control.
edit on 28-1-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join