It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Big Debunk - Wiltshire 2013?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by RP2SticksOfDynamite
reply to post by Soloprotocol

This is the way to go! win win for all.
Sponsorship is vital to cover expenses etc.
Contact a few TV companies would be a good idea.
Im sure you would find one prepared to do it. It would certainly be a good post event docu set that would attract viewers.

Happy to assist with this one should enough of you being up for it?

Note I am sceptical about cc's but thats not a bad thing. I would like to see this one debunked once and for all.

No one is going to sponsor something that just exposes fakes or will turn up nothing spectacular. TV companies will only get involved with shows that grab peoples attention. Hour after hour of nothing happening or maybe catching a few teams of people making circles is not going to make them want to spend out money on time and equipment.

As soon as you involve TV companies you have instantly lost your objectivity. TV companies are only interested in making it look like something super special 'might' be happening. You only have to look at all the ghost / bigfoot / UFO hunter type programs there are out there. None of those programs want to show nothing interesting like mistakes and fakes.

edit on 31-1-2013 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   
You may be right but it maybe worth a try.

Im sure that they would like to capture the truth.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 11:28 PM
link   
It's difficult with "tv companies". Firstly, a network, like BBC, ITV, E4 etc... would not get involved. Right out, I know they wouldn't. The only folks you're likely to get involved would be a production company (the people who make the programmes for the networks) and even then, you may get a small, fledgling production company on board - but they're certainly not going to fund it, you (or I for example) would still have to be the one to secure funds for them.

The best I can think of is to get it mentioned on as many websites as possible, those are the easy places to target and generally always met with enthusiasm and outright willingness to spread the word/help. From there you'd rely on the snowball effect as to whether any TV companies really get involved. But for the first run, I don't think it's particularly worth trying to get the TV coverage.

Of course, it is fine - but would really require a PR person on the team. And then we begin stepping away from actual investigation to faffing around just trying to create a media hype. I'm for the first particularly, not the latter, at this stage.

Thanks for all the new comments!

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by markymint

What if you did some kind of sign up and got in touch with a lot of the people who were going out there anyway? You are right that a lot of people visit there regularly and camp out watching all night. What if you coordinated the one's already doing so? Maybe you could get every night of the season covered at the most regularly used fields. Take the people who are already doing it and coordinate them then recruit to fill in the gaps. I'd contact the people that do the Glastonbury CC Symposium first for help in reaching out to those already active. I'll bet lots of people would step up to fill the gaps once you had the schedule in place. Someone may have even tried to do this before. Let us know if you pull it together. I'll happily take a shift.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

It's not just about exposing fakes, it's about puting something to bed once and for all and who knows..maybe, just maybe we will capture something "out of this world"....

I'm sure some production company would be interested.
It's not like anyone would be asking for tens of thousands of Pounds here, Just some cameras that could be deployed wherever....even those motion sensor thingy's they capture Animals with to cover more ground.

Maybe someone could supply a caravan to use as a operational base, i'm sure the Farmers who's crops are being destroyed might let you use his land for the caravan...or are they in on it..

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join