Whales adopt deformed Dolphin

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by metalholic

Nope. Those are humpbacks. I cannot believe the op bought it to.

I cant tell if your joking or not

The article and video posted by a whale researcher say they are Sperm whales,

Why are they called sperm whales anyway?

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrantedBail
So awesome!! My opinion of dolphins took a shaking. I can't believe that they would ostracize a deformed dolphin

I loved the video. Thanks for posting this. Made me all warm and fuzzy.

Not trying to be snarky, but are you shocked when a cute, playful little kitty cat mauls and devours a mouse? Or where you shocked when that precious little chimp in diapers ripped the woman's face off a couple of years ago?

Yes, they are wild animals, not characters in a Disney movie.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Adopting huh? Maybe the whale is keeping him around for when food is scarce...

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

The Dolphin seems to act like a whale too. What a beautiful story, everyone needs companionship, acceptance and love.

Do you suppose the whales think the Dolphin is a baby whale?

I would supposed that the whales think that the dolphin might be tasty if they ever have a hard time finding snacks.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Maybe they are stumped because they cannot comprehend that indeed all animals have feelings. And as such make judgements similiar to how we do. They feel empathy and so help.

There was the case of the tiger who adopted the baby deer in the jungle. I think sometimes they just like the company and think " aww " what a sweet and unusual creature all alone. Lets shelter him/her.

Easy to see why a psychopath scientist wouldnt "get" this! Tut

No creature on earth is perfect, that goes for dolphins.
edit on 28-1-2013 by FreedomEntered because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by FreedomEntered
Maybe they are stumped because they cannot comprehend that indeed all animals have feelings. And as such make judgements similiar to how we do. They feel empathy and so help.

Easy to see why a psychopath scientist wouldnt "get" this! Tut

ACTUALLY it is MUCH easier to *get* psychopaths who think having feelings is what makes
humans human and animals animal...

FEELINGS

OH THE FEELINGS

The feelings of a man who loves to have sex with animals is normal ITS THE FEELINGS MAN!!

the feelings!!!
edit on 28-1-2013 by gangdumstyle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Yes feelings do you know what they are? They cause plenty of behaviour in many humans. And animals. To think that the whales adopted him just to eat them is just a human " idea" that there must be a reason for every action that benefits the person/animal/mammal. or what ever . Well there isnt always. Sometimes its just an emotion, such as curiousity, awe, care the list goes on.

Animals/mammals are capable of the range of emotions that humans are
edit on 28-1-2013 by FreedomEntered because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

You made me laugh, just because your a hippy doesnt mean the dolphin is. Interesting how humans project. Also interesting how humans have to quantify everything . Oh they wont attribute any qualities to animals other than the ones that they do when they are in labs under their watchful gaze .

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 07:37 PM
link   
What are you guys talking about dolphin rape? Is there a video that explains this? How do you know its just not part of their mating? I've never heard of this before.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 09:48 PM
link   
The dolphin mind controlled the whale. See the link below for all the information you need to know.

www.anti-dolphin.org...

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Both whales and dolphins are so intelligent it is mind blowing. Aside from sasquatch, dolphins are probably the most intelligent animals besides humans. And yes I'm being serious, lol. I cannot watch a video like this without thinking about the wholesale slaughter of these magnificent animals. They are simply majestic. I always am drawn to stories that deal with different animal species interacting in such a personal way, and it is not very often that I come across interaction between animals of this nature, considering they live in a completely different habitat, which is basically a completely different world.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by IkNOwSTuff

Nope. Those are humpbacks. I cannot believe the op bought it to.

I cant tell if your joking or not

The article and video posted by a whale researcher say they are Sperm whales,

Why are they called sperm whales anyway?

Because when the first men cut them open the whales were full of a white oily stuff and they thought it was spern, hence sperm whales.Its not sperm.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by sapien82

It was a new volcanic island that had arisen due to volcanic activity, scientists had then observed all sorts of animals living on it, Im not sure if there was an abundant food source for them which is why they didnt feed on each other!

In a situation like that every organism would be struggling to survive because the usual ecological relationships would not yet have been established. I'd expect to see all sorts of odd animal behaviour under such conditions.

Im saying that maybe survival of the fittest isnt the be all end all theory that darwin claims it to be!

even evolution needs to be revised from time to time ! im saying that maybe there is more to it than just what we are told in Darwins theory of evolution

Darwin's been dead for about 150 years, so I don't think he's really claiming anything these days. The theory of evolution by natural selection has advanced enormously since his day. However, this isn't the appropriate thread or forum for discussing the matter, so let's leave it, shall we? If you'd like to discuss it some more, we can do it on a different thread. There are plenty in the O&C forum.

edit on 28/1/13 by Astyanax because: of spermaceti.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 11:33 PM
link   

You are wrong. Those are sperm whales. The whales in my avatar are humpbacks.

Here's a clear picture of a sperm whale.

Now here's a clear picture of a humpback.

They are very easy to tell apart.

reply to post by texasyeti

What are you guys talking about dolphin rape? Is there a video that explains this? How do you know its just not part of their mating? I've never heard of this before.

It is part of their mating. This is normal behaviour for dolphins.

In order to coerce the reluctant females, males form groups of two or three – often remaining together in their search for sexual gratification for well over a decade. When they find a suitable female they literally force her to mate with one or more of the group, and have even been known to herd their unwilling consorts for months at a time, basically using them as their personal sex-slaves. Source

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Astyanax
Dolphins are aggressive creatures and their social interactions are often violent. Dolphin sex is basically abduction and gang-rape. For all that, dolphin society is very complex and living in it is natural to dolphins; an outcast dolphin probably won't survive long on its own.

AAAAW!!! None the other dolphins wanted to gang rape the little black sheep of deformed dolphins!!

Guess it will have to settle for big sperm whale sodomy!!

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   
I've shared this story with my friends and family and they all agree that there is much more to animals than most give credit for. They just seem to have an intelligence unique to them, it can't even be compared to what we consider as intelligent behavior. I think we really need to look beyond the ability to create tools and manipulation of the environment and look deeper, into how they help each other, how they seem to know exactly where to go for food and shelter when the weather is bad. That's my opinion at least.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   
It proves how universal certain drives are.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join