It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We are on the path of godhood

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Someday we as humans will become so advanced we will become god-like. If someone from the present went back in time with our current technologies they would be exalted as a god even with as little as we currently know. With all the technology that is available to us at this moment we are still only seeing the dust lying on the tip of the iceberg. I know that some of you are unaware of the major advancements being made but you should really look at where we are and imagine what it will be like ten, twenty, fifty, or one hundred years from now. Think of how people in their eighties and nineties feel looking at the world around them today. Things they see were considered bad science fiction back in their day. Imagine what we will be looking at when we are those ages. Someday we will no longer have to worry about dying or population control. Someday we will be able to do just about anything we feel like. We will be able to create new life , engineer planets to make them habitable, enhance our own minds to be much more efficient. If you can think something up science will someday be there.

While we still can’t cure the common cold, custom-made organs are just around the corner. Picture 12 A company called Organovo has developed the first commercial 3-D bio printer that builds custom organs cell-by-cell. Each individual cell is based upon sample cells from the body of the customer. Organovo reports that veins and arteries will be available in 5 years, and more complex organs like hearts and livers in 10. On a more general note, nanotechnology is revolutionizing the health world. The awesome combination of a higher understanding of how DNA works and the ability to create very small cellular parts is painting a very bright future for medicine. Scientists are finding specific sequences of DNA that code for conditions like schizophrenia, autism and even aging. The cures are actually in sight.

Bionic Hand controlled by brain signals Okay, it doesn’t let you crush rocks like you would think, BUT it does allow people without fingers to have fully functional hands that can pick up and handle delicate objects. It is completely controlled by the brain and requires no surgery. Touch Bionics, the company the produces the Pro Digits hand, is able to install the hand complete with “living skin,” a plastic covering resembling human skin, for under $50,000. A small price to pay for a new hand I think.

Solar energy will soon leave fossil fuels and inefficient wind farms in the dust. According to Kurzweil, “the cost per watt of solar energy is coming down rapidly and the total amount of solar energy is growing exponentially. It has in fact been doubling every two years for the past 20 years and is now only eight doublings away from meeting all of the world’s energy needs.” Emerging technology from a company called Sandia is making the reality that much closer: Picture 11 Sandia’s solar cells are made of 100 times less material than the current top solar cells while operating at the same efficiency. Since the biggest hurdle in the path of solar power is the expensive and large nature of solar panels, these new microscopic cells will make a huge difference. For example, current panels are massive and require large motors to move them to track the sun. Sandia’s cells, on the other hand, would only need to be moved a fraction of a millimeter to track the sun efficiently while weighing next to nothing. Even more amazing, they can be suspended in liquids and printed on flexible materials, allowing the cells to be places on any surface. What if your entire car was covered in these powerhouses? Bye bye, Chevron.

- Nano-fibres will make garments tremendously more comfortable and durable. “By this process the textile products can be made more attractive, strong and responsive to customers’ choice.” dn16126-2_300- Fiber-based nanogenerators will build up electrical energy in clothing from physical movement, ultrasonic waves and even blood flow. “If we can combine many of these fibers in double or triple layers in clothing, we could provide a flexible, foldable and wearable power source that, for example, would allow people to generate their own electrical current while walking.” - Extremely hydrophobic (water-resistant) nanofilaments allow for completely waterproof clothing. It can be submerged in water for two months and still remain dry to the touch. “The water comes to rest on the top of the nanofilaments like a fakir sitting on a bed of nails.” (Whatever that means…)

link

Check out the link for pics and video's. This only a couple of minor examples. Imagine what is being worked on at present that we are not seeing. If we dont get wiped out we will someday become more powerful than mans portrayal of the gods throughout history.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 07:15 PM
link   
What if being human is simply the first step to becoming god.

In my life, never once have I ever seen anything close resembling a god. No religious experience etc..

Since there seems to be no external god in that sense, what if the feeling of god felt in humans past was their instinct to want to achieve greater things like you pointed out since we are essentially limitless.

But not having the technology pushed them to resolve in spirituality until such time when technology could be used to achieve what we were meant to?

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Being a God involves being allowed to create and have freedom to express ourselves, which is being taken away.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker
What if being human is simply the first step to becoming god.

In my life, never once have I ever seen anything close resembling a god. No religious experience etc..

Since there seems to be no external god in that sense, what if the feeling of god felt in humans past was their instinct to want to achieve greater things like you pointed out since we are essentially limitless.

But not having the technology pushed them to resolve in spirituality until such time when technology could be used to achieve what we were meant to?

It is very possible.

I personally believe we were put here for this purpose. I dont believe that it was meant to be spiritual at all but rather to become advanced and fill the vast universe with beings that had the potential to be much more than animals. I believe what was considered a god in the past was actually just a more technologically evolved life-form.

I think you are dead on with your assessment of how spirituality came into being.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by darkbake

it is a small hurdle that we must endure. Eventually we will not be distracted by such things.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   
There would be too many "GODS"

What was the definition of narcissim.. individual is described as being excessively preoccupied with issues of personal adequacy, power, prestige and vanity

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by dollukka
There would be too many "GODS"

What was the definition of narcissim.. individual is described as being excessively preoccupied with issues of personal adequacy, power, prestige and vanity

What is so narcissistic about realizing the potential of human beings? The thread is about our future which I am sure you realize will not include me personally as I will be dead by then.

So I'm pretty sure you should do a little critical thinking and re-assess your ability to troll

edit on 27-1-2013 by lobotomizemecapin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by lobotomizemecapin

I don't think it's a bad thing at all for one to realize their full potential, that doesn't mean they aren't going to care about others. I'm glad you brought that up, though.

new topics

top topics

join