It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Activity over Denver CO

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Just a heads-up - if you live in Denver, keep your eyes on the sky.

While I'm a UFO believer, I'm very skeptical of many reports. I think many mundane objects are mistaken for something more amazing on a regular basis. Birds, planes and helicopters, balloons and atmospheric anomalies, satellites, etc. People take night-vision video of birds and claim it's a V-Shaped UFO, even when you can faintly detect the flapping of wings.

At 45, even though I've been watching the skies for awhile, I've never seen what I would consider a UFO. I've taken a few shots of weather balloons, and seen other things that I have written off as terrestrial origin. But today, I've finally seen something I can't explain, over Aurora, CO (just south and east of Denver).

I was hanging out by our common BBQ, grilling up some ribs. It was a clear sky, fairly light, around 58 degrees, a few wispy clouds across the way. I was looking up like I often do, and saw a round object moving quickly from east to west. Seemed like a perfect circle from where I was standing. I couldn't tell how far up it was, there was no point of reference. Seemed a good ways up at any rate. It was silent, left no contrail, was a darker brass-like color, or a bit darker, and made no sound. It was moving very quickly. It covered the sky I could see in about 10 seconds. It did not deviate, it was moving in a straight line. Afterwards, I watched and listened to planes (they were obviously loud, and left brilliant contrails in the late afternoon - all the planes I saw left contrails), watched birds, etc. I had seen nothing like this before.

So I kept watching between rib-flipping, and then about 10 minutes later, I saw another object moving across the sky in the same direction, some 5 or so degrees left of the first object. It seemed even higher, I could not make out a distinct shape. It also left no contrail. It was brilliant flashing a light - a reddish color, but not quite - it was very intermittent. Quick blinks, then solid for a few seconds, etc. If you've watched network traffic of a Ethernet cable.. it was like that, a bit slower though. It was exceptionally bright however - almost like a brightly polished square of copper flashing sunlight. Except the light was facing me (to the east), and the sun was setting to the west of the object. It traveled almost in a straight line, but before it disappeared over the roof of our complex's main building, it sort of moved south to north, the light on solid for several seconds.

I've never been willing to say anything I've ever seen is truly a UFO. I've always been able to explain it away - usually within seconds. I can not explain this away - it was not a plane, helicopter, bird, balloon, lantern, satellite or atmospheric condition. I've heard of more activity over Denver lately - and I think it's probably true. If you live in Colorado, keep those cameras rolling or your eyes on the sky. Something is up there. I had 10 seconds or so on the first object, and 15 to 20 seconds on the 2nd object - no time to take my phone out of the music it was playing, find the camera / video, and start recording - not that a camera phone would have shown anything worth seeing. But this was something extraordinary - and I am one person who is very reluctant to admit this. But it was what it was.

Keep looking up!

edit on 27-1-2013 by fleabit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Congrats. I seems reasonable that the Rockies would be of some interest to off-world tourists, who must appreciate that kind of natural beauty if coming here for sightseeing.

I'm sure you heard the recent buzz on Denver TV about video of insects claimed to be UFOs. We have a thread about it.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by fleabit

Cool. Maybe they will do another drive by and someone can get video. I bet you are camera ready now, right? Probably sleeping with it!

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Unfortunately, my camera battery has leaked. So I shall order a replacement tomorrow. Typically wouldn't be something I'd taking when I grill.. but yea, perhaps I will know.

Just was great to finally see something I can't explain. I wasn't even excited or freaking out whatsoever. I said "Huh.. now there is something I've never seen before." Was really.. happy, if that makes sense. Just a big ol' grin on my face as I watched both of the objects. About time, I say.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by xpoq47
Congrats. I seems reasonable that the Rockies would be of some interest to off-world tourists, who must appreciate that kind of natural beauty if coming here for sightseeing.

I'm sure you heard the recent buzz on Denver TV about video of insects claimed to be UFOs. We have a thread about it.

I did hear about that. It is sort of near where I work. It seemed weird to me. Since I'd think people would notice UFOs dropping literally onto their streets, as the video depicted. But not discounting anything at this point. Not after what I saw today.

Well.. ok, that's not true really. I'll still discount lots of stuff.

edit on 27-1-2013 by fleabit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by fleabit

I'm glad I found your thread. My family and I flew back from Orlando on the 26th of January, heading to Calgary via a short stop in Denver. We were in a united 757 ua flight 259. My son and I were in row 23 near the port side wing.

We had, in my mind a near miss. Now granted we were not over Denver at the time ( it was about 30mins into the flight while still ascending). The ascent was not bumpy at all - just a nice climb. I pointed a jet out to my son passing us in the opposite direction - quite clear in fact. Not 5 minutes later a massive single thump of "turbulence" rocked the packed 757. It shocked everyone who luckily were still belted in. Then complete calm again.

Now I looked out over the port side wing and saw an object flying due west ( it became apparent to my view just beyond the tip of the wing). I thought it was a passing jet. I said to my son " we'll that's probably what caused the bump, it's just like we went through his wake". My wife was a bit startled when I told her what it probably was. I actually thought it seemed close especially if we "felt" it then actually saw something - I would have expected more separation between these events.

Then, the captain comes on the intercom saying, " howdy folks, sorry about that bump back there, we have no idea what could have caused that. We didn't see anything. Should be smooth sailing now."

Now this comment worried me! Why would he not have seen it? Did he screw up? The phrasing of his comments really worried me and my wife for the whole trip into Denver.

Now I'm sorry if this is in the wrong forum ( please mods move to airline safety topic forums if necessary). It's just a weird experience on our flight to Denver on almost the same day with something we saw and felt but the pilot played dumb, or god forbid really didn't see it.

Anyway I hope this generates some interest.

Thanks

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 11:09 PM
link   
We live a little southwest of Denver.

We can hear a rumbling outside, we heard it the other night too. I had seen this thread, so I stepped outside to check.

Not sure on the sound, but I didn't see anything in the sky and thought I'd report.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 11:09 PM
link   
There have been plenty of stories of strange things in the skies above Colorado lately.. so I'd certainly not discount something weird going on in your flight.

The only reason this sighting tonight was so cool (aside from it being my first), was that I've never until today, have seen even -one- thing I'd not consider mundane. The fact that I saw two within 10 minutes of each other really makes me ponder. I thought the first was really odd. The second was even odder, and I can't think of a thing that could easily explain them.

Needless to say, I'm going to be watching the skies even more intently after this afternoons event.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Years ago (maybe 2008) we saw a very fast roundish (it was slightly elongated, dull metallic with no lights) object cross our skies here in Calgary , west to east. It was very silent, thumbnail sized at arms length, and damn fast. It crossed from the mtns in the west to over Calgary Int Airport in about 4sec flat. That sighting was my first, and it just gave me the creeps in terms of what it was doing ( and who or what was running the show up there).

Anyway, it does seem like a lot is going on recently over Denver - should be interesting.

I'd still like to know what happened on our flight the other day.

top topics

join