It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange audio recording found. What is it?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Came across this audio recording. It was pulled from youtube but I had grabbed it already. The story is that this recording was found amongst a bunch of DAT (Digital Audio Tapes) in a box purchased at an auction. Apparently these recordings belonged to a retired military man who had very high clearance. Don't know how true it is but the recording certainly sounds strange! What do you guys make of it?

www.youtube.com...

Can someone embed this please, for some reason I can't.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by ninetysixufo
Apparently these recordings belonged to a retired military man who had very high clearance.

Where did you get that claim from?

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by hellobruce

It was from the original youtube video which has now been removed.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Darth Vader having problems with his fax machine?

In all seriousness it does sound like some sort of medical equipment alarm. Possiably a respirator? As to why record that who knows? All sorts of sound files are used for music and video production, maybe after he retired he started living his dream to be the next Trent Reznor.
edit on 27-1-2013 by wastedown because: Add a serious reply

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by ninetysixufo

Sounds pretty strange whatever it is. Had to turn volume all the way up just to hear it.......

My guess would be by the gasping voice, that it is Dianne Feinstein, getting her reptillian treatment, before she is converted back to being in human form again........

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 06:35 PM
link   
I dont know why I get sucked into these things, I guess its because when some one says "hey heres a really strange audio" I tend to think they have common sense. Oh well i always get dissapointed when I hope for not so common sense. It simply sounds like someone on life support, woopy 2cking dooo.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Bilky

Well thanks for your input

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Vid from OP:

They sound similar to this video uploaded in May of 2012 (starting at :17), but this youtuber is also asking for what the source is from, however, it is seemingly some type of transmission.

The sound in your video sounds similar at least to me. I'm going with some type of radio transmission of some form.
edit on 1/27/2013 by UberL33t because: tags

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by UberL33t

Sounds like those strange transmissions you can sometimes find on shortwave radios.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by juleol

What I thought too, perhaps military shortwave, if the OP's story he got by proxy is to be the case. Or perhaps the retired fella was a HAM radio enthusiast, recorded transmissions on DAT, and this one just happened to be when there was no traffic, just various interference type transmissions so there was no reason to erase it.

Or, maybe he was recording a specific transmission, that had some significance, and he just neglected to erase this one by mistake. At this stage however, I don't really believe there would be a way to decode the transmission just from a recording, just an educated guess.

Perhaps there is enough of a signature to the sound itself that someone with more knowledge of these types of sounds/transmissions could maybe narrow down a little more.

OP, there are quite a few HAM/Short Wave Radio forums I would wager. Perhaps you could create an account and post it to see if you can garner anymore information. Just a notion

edit on 1/27/2013 by UberL33t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Signals from space. What object or thing, don't know.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 09:35 PM
link   
radio transmission micro bursts:

These are highly advanced microburst transmissions that can even be bounced off of China's own satellites. The Chinese would not even be aware of it. Russian and Chinese equipment cannot even detect such complex microburst transmissions."
edit on 27-1-2013 by RocksFromSpace because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Sound to me like cell calls. Not cell phone. But codes sent over a radio to get the attention of a specific radio/group that has the call code. You hear it all the time on police frequencies, fire, ambulance..

My father was into UHF radio and if he wanted to get his mates on the radio, he'd send the cell call and their radios would start bleeping. so they knew he was calling.

But there also sounds like data transmissions in there. Sounds like some sort of communication, but non verbal.

Not space.

Either way, it's not something I'd go out of my way to investigate. For all we know whoever had it originally was scanning frequencies on his scanner and recording everything. and this is just part of a billion hours of random radio noise.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 07:20 AM
link   

As an avid gamer of 30 plus years, this reminds me of the early home computers. Vic 20, CBM64, Spectrum 48k.
The hisses and warbles/whistles and the blank spots all seem to relate to that. If you took one of these old tapes and played it into a stereo system this is what you would hear.

Maybe they found a retro game from the 80's with no label on it.

Just my input.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I heard something like this every Monday, when I did payroll. It's an old computer, with an old dial-up modem attempting to get connection. Someone must have left a tape recorder on.

top topics

join