It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WOW !!! Check out this Washington Times Article.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatsecret

Originally posted by JuniorBeauchamp

Originally posted by T4NG0
It must be a warning of a future attack that they know about.

It does seem that way. I mean look they even wrote the truth about the underwear bomber guy.

Isn't Washington Times like a mainstream media source? Very unusual in my opinion.
edit on 27-1-2013 by whatsecret because: (no reason given)

The Washington Times is the direct opposite of the Washington Post, or as Mark Levin calls it, the Washington Compost.

So that makes it mainstream or not really? Sorry for the stupid question but I don't get it.

The Washington Times is really in the category of alternative media.

No need to apologize, it was a legitimate question, asking for clarity.

Carry on.
edit on 27-1-2013 by JuniorBeauchamp because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by JuniorBeauchamp

Well that explains it.

Thanks!

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 09:23 PM
link   

I tell'in ya it's all hype !

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 09:52 PM
link   

reply to post by JuniorBeauchamp

Well that explains it.

Thanks!

My pleasure. It was a good question.

When most people think of "mainstream media", they are referencing the major TV networks and major newspapers such as the NY Times, Washington Post, LA Times, etc.

Alternative media would be talk radio, internet sites, smaller newspapers such as the Washington Times that don't carry the government water for them as an arm of the government propaganda machine.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375
So the UNARMED TSA workers should just jump into the line of fire instead of saving their lives?
edit on 27-1-2013 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

You mean act like Connecticutt schoolteachers?

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to post by whatsecret

The Washington Times is not the Washington Post. It is owned by Rupert Murdoch I believe and is a serious right wing conservative newspaper.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Thunderheart

We already have Mods.
If you have a complaint, alert one of them.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Why wouldn't they train for such a scenario..I understand the save yourself scenario if they are not armed..if they are armed than I would expect certain armed DHS employees to protect and defend...if the bulk of the people getting trained are screeners that are not unarmed what's wrong with being trained how to survive..We can easily suggest that any organization getting trained in this is a prelude to something bad happening but you have to train to be prepared regardless of the scenario..if Boston had to ramp of drills for radiological preparedness for unkown reason some people would panic and say that something bad is happening when it could mean a change in leadership that sees this as a need or perphaps the agency qualified for some grant money that allows more drills to be conducted..sometimes it need not be so black and white to the public..

sorry for the giant paragrah...
edit on 28-1-2013 by chrismarco because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 07:13 AM
link   
reply to post by F4guy

I get what you are saying but not everyone is a hero..the teachers that did this had a maternal instinct to protect the kids...and that's a stretch to say ever teacher would act that way at any other school...are you suggesting that TSA have alternative areas for protecting the public? Airports by design are open and you will have few places to hide unless you work there..unless we see some official document stating the self preservation is the number one requirement this is just like many other online articles..junk

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 07:22 AM
link   
I would consider this, among other articles of late, just another good reason not to fly.
Actually, the way things seem to be headed with train and bus travel, I am glad all my travels are done with my personel car.
At least this way I have that false sense if safety that comes with being in control.
edit on 28-1-2013 by teamcommander because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by T4NG0
It must be a warning of a future attack that they know about.

An attack instigated and designed to ensure these worthless busy body thought slaves are armed, so the truly unthinking morons in society will feel empowerment above their current impotency.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 10:07 AM
link   
I called this a few years ago, check it out

www.abovetopsecret.com...

This was back before i knew what a false flag was. So please ignore my ignorance in the link.

The link is an OP i started back in 2010 on how blowing up TSA Security lines will be the new targets. 100’s of people packed in close corridors waiting to be molested by TSA. If this unthinkable act happens, it will shut down the airport for weeks if not months.
edit on 28-1-2013 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by MysterX

Originally posted by Ghost375
So the UNARMED TSA workers should just jump into the line of fire instead of saving their lives?
edit on 27-1-2013 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

Thought they were Official Government employees, isn't public protection part of what they are doing there in the first place?

Saving themselves is as good as saying run away and let the unarmed citizens take the heat.

They are gropers and shoe-fetishists, more concerned about stuff than people. It's about keeping the jet businesses safe from liability more than giving a care about who lives or dies daily. It's more likely that one of their own TSA agents becomes a terrorist, planting something on luggage or a plane, than much of the population that they watch.

All the government agencies have a safety and risk hierarchy. If it could cost the life of the agent, the agent is allowed to run away to save his or her own life. I imagine in a crisis on land, all those US Marshals waiting for flights to sit in on would pop out of nowhere and do something, but nobody is going to sacrifice themselves for a few people out of thousands in an airport. It never works that way. In big mobs of people, the small amount of victims die while everybody else watches them waiting for someone to play the hero.

It's a side effect of watching violence on TV: you program your mind to sit back and do nothing about it. You might see it one day, a disaster where people just sit and watch, because it doesn't register that they don't have a remote control in their hand, that what they are seeing is real, thinking it's someone else's job to be good. Best idea is to start realizing that nobody is going to save your life in an emergency like that. No phone, no agent, no officer is going to sacrifice their life for yours. When the agents run, you run.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by chrismarco

Why wouldn't they train for such a scenario..I understand the save yourself scenario if they are not armed..if they are armed than I would expect certain armed DHS employees to protect and defend...if the bulk of the people getting trained are screeners that are not unarmed what's wrong with being trained how to survive..We can easily suggest that any organization getting trained in this is a prelude to something bad happening but you have to train to be prepared regardless of the scenario..if Boston had to ramp of drills for radiological preparedness for unkown reason some people would panic and say that something bad is happening when it could mean a change in leadership that sees this as a need or perphaps the agency qualified for some grant money that allows more drills to be conducted..sometimes it need not be so black and white to the public..

sorry for the giant paragrah...
edit on 28-1-2013 by chrismarco because: (no reason given)

To me personally it is not the alleged training scenario that is interesting. It's the main point the author is trying to make. If you read the reader comments after the article you will probably understand what I'm talking about.

One of the comments that pretty much explains it is the one made by someone with a name "USA" which states:

If a mass shooting happens at an airport in the near future, I'm jumping on the conspiracy bandwagon.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by GArnold

The Washington Times is not the Washington Post. It is owned by Rupert Murdoch I believe and is a serious right wing conservative newspaper.

Got it. Thank you

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss
I called this a few years ago, check it out

www.abovetopsecret.com...

This was back before i knew what a false flag was. So please ignore my ignorance in the link.

The link is an OP i started back in 2010 on how blowing up TSA Security lines will be the new targets. 100’s of people packed in close corridors waiting to be molested by TSA. If this unthinkable act happens, it will shut down the airport for weeks if not months.
edit on 28-1-2013 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

I've heard people bringing up the idea that airport checkpoints are actually putting people in danger because anybody can get in line and do some damage.

I guess the only solution would be to have a checkpoint before a checkpoint and a checkpoint before that checkpoint and on and on. Lol soon we will have TSA checkpoints outside of our bedrooms so that no one will have any chance of getting out of the house unchecked.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thunderheart

I object to your thread title sir!
You did not follow ATS rules on posting news articles!

I will happily change it to make you feel better sir. What would you like the title to say?
As per ATS policy sir, you must make the title the same as the original headline. In this case it should read as follows;

Homeland Security training TSA workers to save themselves in shooting

I will not stand another minute of you willingly breaking the rules, kindly change it sir or I must throw my gauntlet down at thee...

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   

I object to your thread title sir!
You did not follow ATS rules on posting news articles!

I will happily change it to make you feel better sir. What would you like the title to say?
As per ATS policy sir, you must make the title the same as the original headline. In this case it should read as follows;

Homeland Security training TSA workers to save themselves in shooting

I will not stand another minute of you willingly breaking the rules, kindly change it sir or I must throw my gauntlet down at thee...

I will choose to assume that you are joking even if you are not...Sir!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join