It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I would like to publicly apologize to... Anonymous.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Hello ATS,

Over the last couple of years I have always had negative things to say about the group known as Anonymous. I have said things like "They are just a bunch of losers in their Mom's basement" and I have questioned their legitimacy and abilities. I used to think that they were just some 30 year old virgins who made pretty cool, yet very laughable YouTube videos. I have never really taken them seriously, until now. Maybe it's because they are starting to do REAL things like hack DOJ websites instead of DDoS attacks on irrelevant websites. I have come to the conclusion that they are indeed a real threat to those who wish to spread tyranny and oppression, and I think that it is a great thing to have them on the side of freedom. So to all of you ANON members out there, I apologize for my rudeness in the past, and for not taking you serious. Keep doing what you do... I think that you make a difference.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by OptimusSubprime

Ageed! The problem is, trying to decipher the real group from the possible fake ones thrown out by TPTB........ As has been done in the past by those in charge, it will be standard operating procedure for them to continue the same tactic into the future.........

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Excellent, now your dna will be added to their collection.

Just kidding, I feel the same way, so if THEY read this, I support them as well, it's a new day.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   

They have done many "real" things in the past though but I guess you must have just missed them... They have hacked untold governmental agencies including police and there is also the big security firm they hacked...

I love what they do 99% of the time and I love the message even more, my son is named anon, you may think that sad or whatever but I want my kids names to mean something and stand for something and I think anonymous is a fantastic tool for the good. The whole point of anonymous is to give a platform for ordinary people to fight back or expose those in power. Anyone can be anonymous or claim to be from them. Of course this is a double edged sword but the good far outweighs the bad.

Some people like to belittle anonymous but at least they stand for something!

Any way fair play for admitting your mistake.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Why do I get that "I for one welcome our new digital-elite overlords" vibe???

But yeah, I agree. Better than ddos, but then again it could be anyone really.
edit on 27-1-2013 by Qumulys because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Qumulys

Why do I get that "I for one welcome our new digital-elite overlords" vibe???

I know this is a joke but I just find it so strange... I've yet to see anyone claiming to be from anonymous demand anything from the people, other than to stand up for themselves etc, but nothing like money/labor, you know like the government does...

I've never seen or heard anonymous making rules for people and then trying to enforce those rules with violence... you know, like the government does...

Surely if you should be making wise cracks about anyone they should be aimed at our current overlords that actually impact our life and use violence to get their way?

On a side note I found this interesting... I was wondering the other day "what actually is a "terrorist"?" So I did a search and found this...

definition

Hmmmm interesting, so what is "terrorism"?

definition

Well this clearly defines any government as terrorists because they ALL use intimidation and coercion! Without exception! For evidence of that try not to "pay" your TAX and see what happens? No? Why not? Would you be scared to do that? Why? Is someone terrorizing you?

I know you probably know all this but it just amazes me how they get away with it!
edit on 27-1-2013 by mee30 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Besides DDOS web site hacks and a whole list of other things, they have done a great deal to spread awareness on many topics. And that is the key.

The comments about it being hard to separate the real ones from the fake is true and it is a double edged sword, but good or bad its become almost a household name and that is a good thing.

Keep track of them a little more through twitter and face book IRC etc... and you will learn quickly what is real and what is government ops or wanna bes.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by mee30

Indeed it was just a wise crack, hence the winking smiley that you left out!

My following sentence was more serious though. Anyone, anywhere, of any age or mental temperament can claim to be "anonymous" which is both a blessing and a curse for them. If they could curtail the few dodgy anon's and revise and refine clear goals with strong leaders perhaps changes could be made. But to do that would also bring forth the familiar laws that allude to power corrupts. Hopefully that could be avoided, but the dilution of the 'who' leaves the general public scratching their head. For instance, my folks have heard of Anon and the first thing they think is that they are a bunch of online banking scammers.... Hopefully the message will get out there, but I think it will take a long time and a U turn in public perceptions.

For the most part I'm glad they are there though to stir the pot a bit.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Hold up, they haven't done anything yet. They defaced a website and made a threat. There's no need to apologise for insults they they didn't read.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 01:48 AM
link   

If you think Anonymous is legitimate, I have two words for you to consider: Controlled Opposition.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 05:26 AM
link   
reply to post by SpearMint

There's no need to apologise for insults they they didn't read.

Members of Anonymous don't read a high traffic conspiracy site?

Unlikely.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 06:39 AM
link   
same here im on the REAL anon boat as well give me liberty or give me death ramble ramble ramble you know the whole 9 yards and stuff i hope they beef up the competition although it stands to worry some it would give tptb more incentive to lock the internet down in more constricting chains interesting times we live in.....

G

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 06:54 AM
link   

I think they need to up their game to really make an impact...I would suggest started with the banks or mortgage companies...wipe a few million accounts where as the banks lose names of individuals as customers and maybe that will elevate some thinking...the information that was leakied a year or two ago is already forgotten and they need to do more public announcements..I understand that the more they post the more of a trail they leave but like the say, "go big or go home". I'm curious to see how their nuclear wareheads cripple some websites or possibly the banking industry...funny to see some high ranking bank accounts end up at 100.00 dollars..

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Dude...Anonymous was infiltrated by the FBI...i have no reason to believe anything that "officially" comes from them. Neither do i feel the need to cheer for what they are doing...after all it is them and other hackers who are helping the governments gain control over the internet.

They are, and probably always have been, agents working for Intelligence Agencies.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Well, I would 'count your chickens before they hatch'. Their message is not original, and has been espoused by many before them. They sure have a lot of 'flair', but what is it they have done to affect any real change? They claim to avenge Aaron Swart's 'suicide', which I have my doubts about it being a 'suicide'(who is investigating this?). Like Wikileaks they are always 'threatening',just not 'delivering'; and as a Liberty lover my self, in the end, all they give me is an insurmountable case of Freedom Blue Balls. Many of their tracks have origins in Israel/mossad. Also, like slime mold, al qaida or any other amorphous collective entity, they are easily co opted, especially as a brand. Finally, we are all Anonymous and every one of us, are the people who will create a new paradigm that is a lot more 'human' friendly than this NWO technocratic system based on fake money, lies and Imperialism. Good Luck.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Optimus...
Please hear me out..

Im not looking for star or flag on this thread but please browse the materials in the thread i am linking...

OLD NEWS

With that in mind all i ask is that you hold your opinion of this till more is known.
Ask what was in the file they grabbed, does anyone have it? I would imagine if it contained some truly
Interesting material it would at least have been published here...

Please do not allow your heart and mind to be swayed with what could amount to
a cheap parlor trick...

While i will not disagree that some action needs to be taken to fix our government, i can almost gaurantee it will not happen because of events like this.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

They are, and probably always have been, agents working for Intelligence Agencies.

"They" aren't anything of the sort.

In the same way that you are reading this on the internet, an "agent" could also be reading this on the internet. That makes both of you anonymous.

Anonymous is a collective. It is not a group with a clear definition.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lucid Lunacy

There's no need to apologise for insults they they didn't read.

Members of Anonymous don't read a high traffic conspiracy site?

Unlikely.

Why would they? There's better places to observe current events without threads on big foot and fairies getting in the way.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 02:32 AM
link   

If you have such a negative regard for this site why are you here?

Maybe they see more here then 'big foot and fairies'? Like myself.

They are involved in the conspiracy world. Their medium is the Internet. This is a high traffic conspiracy web site. I am just putting the pieces together. To think they don't visit it for information...at the very least curiosity about themselves...seems quite strange thinking to me! I have little doubt they scour the web. And any pertinent high traffic site would be on their radar.

edit on 29-1-2013 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lucid Lunacy

If you have such a negative regard for this site why are you here?

Maybe they see more here then 'big foot and fairies'? Like myself.

They are involved in the conspiracy world. Their medium is the Internet. This is a high traffic conspiracy web site. I am just putting the pieces together. To think they don't visit it for information...at the very least curiosity about themselves...seems quite strange thinking to me! I have little doubt they scour the web. And any pertinent high traffic site would be on their radar.

edit on 29-1-2013 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

They aren't involved in the conspiracy world, they interfere (whether that be a good thing or not) with real world affairs. In that sense ATS is really none of their concern. I don't know why we're (or you're) arguing about this. Even if they do read ATS threads, which I highly doubt, the chances that anyone saw this guys insults or apology are slim.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join