It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
"Almost two years after beating a stunned and unresponsive suspect in a public park, three Connecticut cops were finally placed on "desk duty" yesterday after footage of the attack had been made public."
The police chief in Bridgeport, Conn., the state’s largest city, moved three officers to desk duty AFTER a video appeared on YouTube in which they stomped on and repeatedly kicked a man after a stun gun had already rendered him inert, reported the Associated Press.
The video is from May 2011. It was published on YouTube on Jan. 6, although it was only recently brought to the police chief’s attention.
At one point a witness yells at the officers, ‘You got him, cut the (expletive).’
According to The Post, police sources said the man was being pursued by officers following reports that he had a gun. When the officers finally subdued him, no gun was found, but the man was wearing a holster, the source said.
The man was charged in the incident and did not file a complaint against the police officers. The sources told The Post that the man, who wasn’t seriously injured in the beating, is now serving prison time on unrelated charges.
Elson Morales, Joseph Lawlor and Clive Higgins, all 10-year veterans of the Bridgeport Police Department, are shown on the video attacking the suspect as he lay on the grass. The officers have been put on paid administrative leave while the May 2011 encounter is investigated. The sobering footage was uploaded on YouTube on Jan. 18 by an anonymous user. It is unclear who filmed it.