It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anon Hacks DOJ, Releases Encrypted File

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Anon Hacks DOJ, Releases Encrypted File

ZeroHedge

Nearly two years ago, the hacktivist group Anonymous made waves around the fringes of financial media by announcing "Operation Empire State Rebelion" whose goal was to "engage in a relentless campaign of non-violent, peaceful, civil disobedience until Ben Bernanke steps down and the Primary Dealers within the Federal Reserve banking system be broken up and held accountable for rigging markets and destroying the global economy effective immediately." Needless to say nothing came out of it, and OperationESR was promptly forgotten as Anonymous had apparently met its match in the face of the F
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 27/1/2013 by xquietonex because: Link Fail

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   
(Continued)

Fed and the Primary Dealers. Now, in the aftermath of the Aaron Swartz suicide which has put the entire hacking community on high alert, Anonymous is back with yet another campaign, this one titled "Operation Last Resort", which was revealed to the public when Anonymous took control of the website for the the US Sentencing Commission for nearly one full day from Friday afternoon until Saturday evening, using it as a venue from which to distribute a massive 1.3 GB encrypted file titled Warhead-US-DOJ-LEA-2013.AES256 which may contain secret information sourced from the Department of Justice (hence the files contained are named after SCOTUS justices) and which Anonymous threatens to release unless massive reforms take place at the DOJ - reforms which will certainly never see the light of day, meaning Anonymous will have no choice but to make the contents of said file public.

Very cool, I love the 'secret-file-distributed-to-the-public' stories. What could they possibly have found of note at the DOJ? I suspect it has something to do with Benghazigate...or maybe related to the BOA stuff alluded to last year?

What say ye ATS? Anyone download the file yet? I'm pretty sure it would end me up on a list somewhere...

(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 27/1/2013 by xquietonex because: Cited further text

edit on 27/1/2013 by xquietonex because: Punctuation nazi

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Already posted here:

abovetopsecret

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I'm on the fence until I understand the situation better.

The way it has been described, activating the warhead will run a program that will cause "collateral damage".

Does this mean that the warhead is an encrypted script/proggie that acts like a trojan when activated?

Or is it just melodramatics and the file is just a compilation of sensitive documents that have been encrypted?

There is a line in the sand called morality.....lets hope that they know the difference between activism and terrorism.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 05:08 PM
link   
As always I am filled with pre-emptive excitement regarding Anon, and their threats. unfortunately, I'm always doubtful of whether they will come through. C'mon anon, erase the banks, erase the credit, expose all the military info, hit the reset button if you will for the sake of humanity. Until then, I'm going to stay a hopeful skeptic, an agnostic lol.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Krazysh0t
Already posted here:

abovetopsecret

Hmm, I thought they were two separate events? Is the DOJ not a separate branch from the 'United States Sentencing Comission' ?

I searched, and determined it was a new 'attack'. Mods please delete if I have erred...

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by OccamAssassin
I'm on the fence until I understand the situation better.

The way it has been described, activating the warhead will run a program that will cause "collateral damage".

Does this mean that the warhead is an encrypted script/proggie that acts like a trojan when activated?

Or is it just melodramatics and the file is just a compilation of sensitive documents that have been encrypted?

There is a line in the sand called morality.....lets hope that they know the difference between activism and terrorism.

I read that it's more of the latter. I interpret the 'collateral' as people responsible for whatEVER it is being called to account.

Time will tell, I guess.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by OccamAssassin

There is no more line, all activism is slowly being painted as terrorism, I fear as many do that they are painting us into a corner, and any animal who is threatened with no escape will become violent. That's my fear. Here's to hoping Anon is really for the people.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by el1jah
As always I am filled with pre-emptive excitement regarding Anon, and their threats. unfortunately, I'm always doubtful of whether they will come through. C'mon anon, erase the banks, erase the credit, expose all the military info, hit the reset button if you will for the sake of humanity. Until then, I'm going to stay a hopeful skeptic, an agnostic lol.

Agreed, a lot of talk, and not a lot of action. And the water is fairly muddy with disinfo IMHO. Hard to know what to believe.

I nonetheless hold hope these guys are a force for good, and some change will result of their actions, however questionable.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by xquietonex

You are hitting it right regarding dis-info, I don't think the general population can discern between what video is really Anon or some government shills. This is why I would hope Anon openly states they are finished with threats and videos, imo it works against the cause. Give us the info we need, do it without notice, let the people grow and learn and create the future they want with said info. Anon's ability to do the things they do makes them as dangerous as our governments if we the citizens are left speculating outside the loop.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by xquietonex

Already posted here:

abovetopsecret

Hmm, I thought they were two separate events? Is the DOJ not a separate branch from the 'United States Sentencing Comission' ?

I searched, and determined it was a new 'attack'. Mods please delete if I have erred...

No it is the same attack. Your op even says they took control of the USSC website so that they can put this file up. While the thread I linked to is titled poorly, it is referring to the same attack and even has posts from people who went to the USSC website while it was under Anonymous' control. I believe that the same topic is allowed to exist in different forums like this one, but I'm not sure.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by el1jah

I wholeheartedly agree. Time to put-up, or fade away...if they really have this information, or other information, it should be put into the public domain FORTHWITH.

I get the general feeling that the skepticism regarding Anon is rapidly rising, and public opinion will soon turn against with continued rhetoric.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by xquietonex

Already posted here:

abovetopsecret

No it is the same attack. Your op even says they took control of the USSC website so that they can put this file up. While the thread I linked to is titled poorly, it is referring to the same attack and even has posts from people who went to the USSC website while it was under Anonymous' control. I believe that the same topic is allowed to exist in different forums like this one, but I'm not sure.

Hmm, I'd (previously) read a bit of your thread that you linked and I didn't see anything about a file posted..
I'll let the mods rule. Alert for me and I'll do the same?

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I would love to see Anon take down the banking system (right after I pull my cash out).
I would love to see Anon release damaging information about the Government (from this administration or any other).
I would love to see Anon shut down the IRS.
I would love to see Anon shut down anything that would make a difference.

But guess what? If they could, they would have already. Script kiddies are no match for the type of minds, software and hardware that protect these systems.

Hell I bet they can't do so much as disappear someones parking tickets...... Wish it was otherwise but so far they are coming up way short on the delivery of their promises. Although my hat is off to them for exposing the pedophiles. IMO it is the only worthwhile thing they have done.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Interesting ... I just search the PBay for warhead .. found it ...

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by R0CR13

Interesting ... I just search the PBay for warhead .. found it ...

If you go to the ZH link and scroll down, a commenter posted like 30 mirrors to the file.

Although I in NO WAY endorse downloading or distributing said file...

*hides under table*

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   

I hear ya . Thx

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   

:werd: I have no desire to be made an example of for participating.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Its cool, I'm not a mod or anything. If the mods leave this here then so be it. It is definitely a topic worth discussing. I was just trying to show that this is already being talked about in the General Conspiracy forums. Its also not my thread

I throw ya a S&F anyways for bringing this to more people's attention

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by R0CR13

I hear ya . Thx

However, please let me know if your computer blows up or MIB show up at your door.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join