It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel warns of possible pre-emptive chemical weapons strike in Syria

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   

www.cbsnews.com...

Israel could launch a pre-emptive strike to stop Syria's chemical weapons from reaching Lebanon's Hezbollah or al Qaeda inspired groups, officials said Sunday.

The warning came as the military moved a rocket defense system to a main northern city, and Israel's premier warned of dangers from both Syria and Iran.

Vice Prime Minister Silvan Shalom said Sunday that Israel's top security officials held a special meeting last week to discuss Syria's chemical weapons arsenal. The fact of the meeting, held the morning after a national election, had not been made public before.

www.foxnews.com...
news.nationalpost.com...
news.yahoo.com...

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   
i did a search for this but couldn't find anything, apologies if already posted

with all the 'Smoke' being displayed within the Media Syria and it's encounters have taken a back seat, along with the rest of the conflicting sides

many have been talking of the escalation for days months and years, if this is going to commence an attack by Israel and or America, i believe it will be this year, after the settlement of the new Fraud, or Election as some call it

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I don't think there can be any question the F.S.A. terrorists WANT those weapons more than anything else. We've sat here and watched them kill rabbits (GRRRRR) in testing bath tub versions of what Assad has the real deal for. God help the world if they actually GOT fully functional warheads and the delivery systems.

The worst part? The FSA would know even Russia WOULD be coming to do something about that and soon. They'd USE what they got as quickly as they could get them loaded and salvo'ed for launches. Use it or Lose it would take on all new meaning.

SO.... *IF* Israel were to see absolute evidence the weapons were about to fall into FSA hands? I'd be pissed if they DID NOT do this. The next strikes after Haifa and Tel Aviv could well be Ankara and other regional cities they hate for whatever reason their warped minds perceive.

I'd just say this as I'm sure most right minded people in the world would agree. For Israel's sake...if they enjoy HAVING a nation and military...they'd better be right. 100% ABSOLUTELY and without ANY POSSIBLE DOUBT correct. If they did this thing and it became a Bushism of "Errr.. gee... We thought they were there! Really!" then I'd also support seeing their entire military dismantled and their nation made into a UN open zone under joint international direction.....FOREVER.

Do what needs done...fine. Just don't be wrong or the world will do what IT needs to do afterward. Thats my two cents.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
SO.... *IF* Israel were to see absolute evidence the weapons were about to fall into FSA hands? I'd be pissed if they DID NOT do this. The next strikes after Haifa and Tel Aviv could well be Ankara and other regional cities they hate for whatever reason their warped minds perceive.

I'd just say this as I'm sure most right minded people in the world would agree.

...then I'd be willing to bet that "most right-minded people" don't frequent ATS.
Showing support for Israel in any form around here tends to get you flamed.

I agree with you 100%.

The messed up thing is that many of the nations in the region (particularly Jordan, Turkey) would be greatly relieved if Israel DID take action - but no doubt they'd criticise Israel in public and continue the Anti-Israeli rhetoric, just as they always do.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Considering what I have seen of the Assad's governance and what he has done to the population, I think the FSA is far from being the terrorism agency.

But hey, your mileage may vary.

M.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Moshpet

My "mileage" varies when the FSA shoot prisoners on the ground, screaming for mercy and laugh about it...then release that tape as if it would be helpful to their case. What ought to worry people is that it may actually have been. Which is worse? The ones to murder unarmed prisoners like that or the one's who'd applaud it and see it as positive?

Testing bath tub chem weapons on animals ....helps form my opinion of them to an extreme. Again, not just the fact they did it, but then released the video as if a recruiting bonus.

It really goes south when I'm aware the FSA isn't an Army at all but a loose affiliation of 12 or more groups which number among them some true EXTREMIST organizations, even by Middle Eastern standards.

Now Assad and his Father before him have been developing and producing Chemical weapons as a routine thing for over 30 years...and largely ignored with a wink and a nod to give balance to Israel's making Nuclear weapons. The same way Egypt has received their Billion in aid as Israel got their Billion. Balance of power and parity, as it fits there, has been maintained. Now? It's blown all to hell and who knows what happens now. Regardless, Assad represents historic stability and reasonable logic by a track record of known behavior across many situations to judge. The FSA have shown themselves to be unstable, poorly controlled murderers, IMO.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Those FSA terrorists are a different kettle of fish altogether. All those countries that supported them, be them west or the GCC arabs, when the blowbacks come back to wreak your countries, guess who has the last laugh.

We haven't heard from Israel for quite some times and is the USA distancing itself from Israel too ?
These past 2 years, Israel has, by default made a whole lot of new enemies .None of those new Islamic regimes are friendly to Israel.

I wouldn't call Assad an Israel's friend, but wouldn't it be prudent for Israel to support Assad at this moment against a common enemy ? If Assad fell, Israel would be in a far more dangerous position.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Empty threats are as dangerous as inaction in this particular case.

IMO

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Moshpet
Considering what I have seen of the Assad's governance and what he has done to the population, I think the FSA is far from being the terrorism agency.

Well I beg to differ. The exact same thing happened in Libya and was said about Gadaffi. I remember Gadaffi saying something along the lines of "If my government is toppled. Al-Qaeda will get their hands on everything Libya has". Look whats happening now and where that advanced weaponry is being used.

I think Syria is facing a very simialr problem and if you think the FSA are not terrorists, or have any extremism about them you are kiddong yourself. These barbarians have already thratened Israel and we continue to blindly call them heroes?
edit on 28-1-2013 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 12:39 AM
link   
I think the other uprisings should be referenced to get a better understanding of where Syria is heading. Libya which was meant to become a "Democratic" Nation has now fallen under Sharia law. The same with Egypt, even though it was an uprising from everyday citizens, somehow they are still not happy and have fallen to Sharia also after being promised a "Democratic" Transition.

The same story was used by the west concerning Syria yet I cannot see how this is going to happen. As much as parts of the FSA may be fighting for their people, the uprising has been hijacked by Saudi backed mercenaries who would rather kill and lower themselves further than Assad ever got. Some say that if they win the war, the Syrian people will decide what sort of rule they want, but after seeing what has happened to the other countries in the region, I can only see one thing coming for Syria. Sharia Law and years of unrest after any transition. If Assad is toppled, look for a booty war..

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 01:13 AM
link   

For Israel's sake...if they enjoy HAVING a nation and military...they'd better be right. 100% ABSOLUTEL...
then I'd also support seeing their entire military dismantled and their nation made into a UN open zone under joint international direction.....FOREVER.

The Romans tried this 1900 odd years ago... didnt work.

Anyway, there will some pretty nervous fingers on Israeli triggers.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Cinrad

Well, if they're wrong I think the combined militaries and force of the major world powers will make Rome look like a little social gathering gone bad by comparison. Syria is the baby and major client state of the Russian Federation if NOTHING else. I don't know quite how Israel plans to do this and I'd imagine that depends on level of threat they perceive. If by massive conventional strike......the world may wait a couple days to be sure they were justified.

If they launch Jericho Missiles? I think they'll be getting calls with ultimatums for proof positive before the missiles even reach the targets...and woe be them all if they're just "going on best intelligence".

^^ I'm not entirely sure he HAS a sense of humor...does he? I don't think the KGB issued him one when he joined up in the 70's.

Either way... I really DO support Israel if they will just be absolutely, beyond a doubt positive. After all, if the FSA got them and Israel didn't act? It'll be World War III anyway. Pop a chem warhead over Tel Aviv and it's less than 20 air miles southeast to Jerusalem. That's A LOT of Muslims to be killed on the wind and nothing good can possibly come of it. They'd have to act if they saw it about to really happen, IMO.

It's the Kobayashi Maru of international problems, isn't it?

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 02:03 AM
link   
If anyone wants to see whats going on in syria get on liveleak and take a look> I warn you it takes a strong stomache to look at some of this stuff. I don't watch it for the violence, I watch it because it forces me to remember that there are people like that in the world and maybe one day I'll have to face that myself.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 02:24 AM
link   
Israel/US pay mercenaries to take out Syria.....then use chemical weapons on them so you don't have to pay them.

Win-Win planning. Whoever thought up this in the War Plans should get a 1 year vacation. Ain't NOTHING Russia could do, they'll lose their port. Forever.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 02:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Bilky

That's a good suggestion for anyone in the West who has only seen censored and heavily edited news footage. It does take seeing these horrors to realize it's NOT academic and relativism has no place here.

Personally, I got my share short of seeing it in person in 2004 when I was just about to head over to drive in the KBR supply convoys. Family insured that didn't happen in the end. (I chose having one over the $80,000 they offered me...as family made that the choice). I'd watched all the prisoner beheading crap though to see what I was volunteering for....and Jesus...there are things in this life you cannot get out of your head. EVER.

yet...maybe, someday, knowing that reality will make a difference to how a decision is made too.
I hate the way this is all going.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 02:49 AM
link   

reply to post by Bilky

That's a good suggestion for anyone in the West who has only seen censored and heavily edited news footage. It does take seeing these horrors to realize it's NOT academic and relativism has no place here.

Personally, I got my share short of seeing it in person in 2004 when I was just about to head over to drive in the KBR supply convoys. Family insured that didn't happen in the end. (I chose having one over the $80,000 they offered me...as family made that the choice). I'd watched all the prisoner beheading crap though to see what I was volunteering for....and Jesus...there are things in this life you cannot get out of your head. EVER.

yet...maybe, someday, knowing that reality will make a difference to how a decision is made too.
I hate the way this is all going.

i'm glad you didnt go, and I'm sure if most who did got a look at those videos then there would be a shortage of contractors real fast. One thing thats gross but I cant get out of my head is when they cut some ones head off they start from the right side of the neck every time because it has less major arteries, and takes longer to die with more pain These terrorists are just demonic in how much suffering they want to inflict. I would like to hold a lot of these liberal types[here in australia] by the hair and make them watch these clips. They go on about invasions as if they are some kind of armchair sport. Seeing someones jaw completely blown off just because they are peacfully protesting makes me shiver inside.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   
"Foxnews"

Nevermind folks, just another fairytale story.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I wonder who has taught Israel the word preemptive war !
edit on 30-1-2013 by maes2 because: (no reason given)

join