It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police brutality. When willl they learn that cameras are everywhere?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Hey everyone. This is my first thread. I haven't seen this posted yet, and I'm getting really tired of seeing these bullies thinking they can do anything they want to the American people criminal or not.

The police chief in Connecticut's largest city has pulled three officers off the streets after a video was posted online showing them kicking and stomping on a man they had already subdued with a stun gun.

Live Leak Police Brutality

This really needs to stop. They and any other cops who have done something similar need to be fired and banned from any kind of law enforcement. They obviously can't handle the responsibility that comes with that job.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   
I love it when the existence of the surveillance state ends up exposing the state. Irony at its finest.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   
what we need is heavily armed and armored civilian patrols to intervene and protect people FROM the police and other agencies like them. for every police cruiser, just have 3 cars of Concerned Citizen Force officers who tail them just to make sure no one's Rights are violated. seems fair to me.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Nah nothing will happen, they will get a 3 or 4 week paid vacation until people forget and get sent back out again.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I get tired of people like this thinking they can do whatever they want.

You can throw both sets in the same place together...

There are good cops out there and hopefully the type of behaviour seen in the newslink with video is drowned out and decent cops will replace them to find the type of people in the link I provided...

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   

When willl they learn that cameras are everywhere?

What do they care?

Plenty of examples of cops caught on camera, suspended WITH pay and then returned to duty with a "Not Guilty" verdict.

Or they are found guilty and get a nasty slap on the wrist.

Or my favorite..."The cameras were not functioning at the time". All eight cameras.

Cameras are only there to get us, not them.

Peace

edit on 27-1-2013 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 04:12 PM
link   
When they actually get charged with a crime and spend time in jail. In other words, it will not happen.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Well the images aren't pleasant but before we judge the cops and go all ape snip on them, isn't as logical first to learn what did the suspect do? I don't like violence especially when it comes from people who are payed to protect us from it but if the dude hit by the stunt gun was a child molester, or just committed a murder attempt, or violently assaulted a senior citizen robbing him/her the little money they might carry, or ... then I'm all for it and I feel bad that I'm not there to bit the crap out of him too.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Just in case you haven't seen this one
www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Telos

I don't know What he did and I'm not by any means defending what this guys crime was. In America however it is supposed to be innocent until proven guilty (supposed being the operative word here). So weather he murdered or raped or whatever, the police had no right to do that. If he did something that bad, give him his day in court, put him in a cell, and let the other inmates take care of him.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Telos

No, this man was already down from a stun gun. In essence he was already subdued. To continue beating on him is wrong regardless of what his crime was. I don't care if he killed the police commissioner himself. To allow even one case where this is acceptable, opens the door for it to be the case for anyone. What if the guy was smoking some marijuana and didn't put his bowl down quick enough?

We have the court system for this very reason. If his crime was abhorrent then the prosecution needs to work extra hard to make sure he gets put behind bars. As it stands now, the police just gave the defense an easy acquittal. So now he is going to be right back on the streets regardless of what he did. I sure hope it was a minor offense because I'd hate to see him getting off if he had just brutally raped and murdered some woman.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   
If you are so sure that all cops are dong their jobs wrong, you are free to become a cop your self and show them how to properly do it. i would love to see how poorly the cop bashers would do on the job. i know i couldn't do it. i dont have to patience to put up with so much BS from an ungrateful and uncooperative society.

people act as if cops should all be perfect angels. but you know hat, their human just like you. and like any other human, you treat them like crap long enough and eventually they snap. if you want kinder police, you yourself need to be kinder. as in any other human interaction, its a two way street.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by SilentKoala
I love it when the existence of the surveillance state ends up exposing the state. Irony at its finest.

But it doesnt matter......

You know why it "seems" like they havent learned?

Because they dont care...........

If they were held accountable it would be one thing............they might actually have a reason to fear the ever watchful eye of the camera catching them..........

As it stands theres no repercussions..........so what dif does it make?

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by david99118

I agree that they have a very stressful job. I wouldn't want that job, and I have nothing but respect for the ones that are doing their job the right way. I have been arrested before and the cops were kind to me because I was not hostile towards them. That being said, if I were uncooperative they have an obligation to uphold my rights and not use unnecessary force. Dealing with a-holes is part of the job description, and a lot of cops are able to do that job without dehumanizing others. The ones who can't have no business in that line of work.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 10:35 PM
link   
It has already been posted on ATS....but welcome anyway.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Telos

It doesn't matter what he might have done. kicking a guy in the head while handcuffed is BS. It is not for the police to be dishing out their own punishment, VIA stomping on a suspect while they are down and cuffed...

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 11:57 PM
link   
And it will never change, as long as the office prosecuting police malfeasance is also the same one who depends on police to get his job done. There is an inherent conflict of interest involved in the DA prosecuting cops.

The only way to eliminate it would be to institute a legal authority dedicated (and incentivized by) to prosecuting misbehavior by LEOs. If your job depended on CATCHING cops instead of co-operating with them, then you'd see this sort of thing get the attention it deserves.

However, you've got a double conflict of interest - somehow, the police are allowed to investigate themselves, with the expected results, and the non-LEO authority charged with regulating their behavior is also dependent on the ones they're regulating. Therefore, nothing gets done, and never will. You start some sort of "LEO-BI" at the federal level in the DOJ, and you'd see an instant change.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   
You guys are so pathetic. It is not right, not guilty until proven, we have laws, what cops did is wrong...blah blah blah...Enough already. Stop being a bunch of hypocrites and repeat the same sentences like parrots. Everybody knows what is right and what is wrong. And everybody is a human and prone to human emotions. if I were to witness an act of violence, something brutal that can scar my memory forever, something atrocious and disgusting I wouldn't care less if the person is stunned down or disabled and ready for arrest. I'd beat the crap out of him. And believe me, I'm a very peaceful man and totally against violence. I'm not ok when the power is abused and I know that some of the police actions need to be reviewed and analyzed but enough with this character assassination. The slightest thing and everyone is on the cop's throat. Are we forgetting that they are just persons like us who wear an uniform? The only difference is that they've taken an oath to protect our @sses and serve us. The least we can do is respect that. I don't need to remind any of you in here that while we blabber in bulletin boards and chat rooms maybe with a cup of coffe in your hands or even a drink, cops are out there putting their lives in danger any time of the day.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bedlam
And it will never change, as long as the office prosecuting police malfeasance is also the same one who depends on police to get his job done. There is an inherent conflict of interest involved in the DA prosecuting cops.

The only way to eliminate it would be to institute a legal authority dedicated (and incentivized by) to prosecuting misbehavior by LEOs. If your job depended on CATCHING cops instead of co-operating with them, then you'd see this sort of thing get the attention it deserves.

However, you've got a double conflict of interest - somehow, the police are allowed to investigate themselves, with the expected results, and the non-LEO authority charged with regulating their behavior is also dependent on the ones they're regulating. Therefore, nothing gets done, and never will. You start some sort of "LEO-BI" at the federal level in the DOJ, and you'd see an instant change.

There has to be CIVILIAN REVIEW BOARDS completely independent of the police department. The police have proven time and again that they cannot police themselves.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Telos
. I don't need to remind any of you in here that while we blabber in bulletin boards and chat rooms maybe with a cup of coffe in your hands or even a drink, cops are out there putting our lives in danger any time of the day.

There! I fixed it for you.

top topics

join