It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hey all, Taking the plunge into ATS and I'm no longer a lurker!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Greetings ladies and gentlemen of ATS

Finally signed up and started making myself an account after lurking for a while now.
I've spent some evenings on my laptop clicking link after link of all kinds of different threads on ATS and found it quite amazing indeed

May as well say something about myself in the interests of ice-breaking and formalities

I'm a native of West Australia and lived here my whole life. I hail from an ethnic background and love learning about other cultures, and there's no shortage of multiculturalism in Oz!

I'm also into movies, all things technology, digital media, electronics, computers & gadgets, fishing, anything to do with Android, the world wide web and last but not least.. BEER!

I'm a keen reader and have a thirst for learning new things that grab my attention like geopolitics, history, the military's and war, fringe science and cutting edge technology & as of only recently... arcane news & conspiracies. The arcane I like are alien/ET conspiracies and sightings, astrotheism, cosmology & of course the Illuminati/New World Order.

I've come across ATS in my travels on these topics specifically. I was a regular on "the Truth Behind The Scenes" webpage pretty much all of 2012. I'm sure ATS members or at least some are aware of it and it was pretty interesting, even with all the fake stuff on there. It's only recently been taken over by new admins and the regular's such as myself all decided to stop visiting because of the shenanigans taking place.

I decided to become an ATS member after that but also because some of the posts I've come across on ATS have been fantastic and the community of members seem so diverse, knowledgeable and interesting I know I'm in for rewarding discussions with some of the fine folk here

I already know what my first thread will be about and it will focus on my take on the Disclosure Via TV/Films & Video games but I've got a wealth of things I'd like to post about. After the probation and 20 replies of course.
(This intro post counts right? So 19 to go!)

I was also wondering if someone could point me to a thread where there are good examples of different types of text being used by a member or if there's a help thread for using the different fonts. I used the search function but didn't have any luck, I'm still reading the threads for new members but haven't come across font usage just yet. Please and thank you

A long winded intro, sorry about that. Looking forward to my ATS experience.

Cheers!

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by yoursteppingonmytoes

hi, man.. i am also a neewbie but welcome!! australia rock`s! wish i could visit it sometime, all the cool lizards and stuff, well just saying hello, sorry but i cant help with computer thingies i am a complete tool with them. its a good thing that here are more intelligent people around. happy hunting!

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Welcome to the tribe!

There will be a mod along shortly that'll provide some links for you. You should be able to find the HTML info for fonts and stuff there.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by LiveForever8

I always thought that was a mod thing!

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Warm Welcome to the ATS Family...enjoy the ride...

I look forward to meeting you in the forums.

Des

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by solve

Hey mate,

Oz does rock indeed
That's hilarious about

all the cool lizards and stuff

I can't even remember the last time I saw a lizard
But there's pretty interesting critters out in the bush.
Contrary to popular belief Australia does have cities and suburbs! And we don't always ride Kangaroos when we need to get around! Haha

Should definitely visit sometime its good for tourists, I'm in Perth but I'd recommend Melbourne or Sydney to any potential traveler

That's ok about the computer things. I'm not that great myself but use trial and error for most things computer related if I get stuck. I did find a thread on BB Code which changes a lot of different text options in your posts and profile.
You can check this out if you're interested A Guide to BB Code on ATS.

I found it very useful, other than that all the relevant info is here, its just a matter of sifting through the threads. The search function was quite handy

Happy hunting for you as well Solve.
Enjoy

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by LiveForever8

Very quick LiveForever!

Thanks for the useful threads much appreciated. I'm quite amazed as to the customization and wealth of info on ATS. I'm still getting my head around it but I'm very impressed so far. A friend of mine told me a while ago that ATS is "just a forum and that's all it is"..

One of the best forums I've ever come across in my time that's for sure. I'm going to need the first month just to figure out where everything is and what not to do etc.

You've posted over 3,000 times LiveForever8? Incredible. Take me a while to get there!

Thanks again for the links! Might chat with you again in my travels

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Welcome welcome!! Glad you climbed aboard the ship of awesomeness..or the ship of insanity!!

Cool avatar you have chosen. And I always enjoy gaining more knowledge on illuminati happenings.

Enjoy your stay here!
Peace and love
~nat~

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Welcome, the dark one waits for your arrival.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 01:29 AM
link   

welcome to ATS!
I look forward to seeing you around

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Thanks Des

Looking forward to making my own threads. In the meantime I suppose I'll lurk a bit more and shoot off a few replies!

I'll see you around and thanks for the warm welcome, doesn't seem many people greet the newbies so it nice to see some seasoned members taking the time to say howdy, much appreciated

Brett

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Welcome To The Community

Here are some handy links to get you oriented into now becoming a valued member of ATS.

What are P F K W S
Visit here next - ATS Freshmans Forum
Index of Important ATS Related Threads
Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First
How to Upload Your Pics & Avatars (also) Need a custom Avatar?
Your Terms and Conditions Of Use (also) Reaffirming ATS Policies

Try Ask ATS to find numerous threads to add your thoughts to now. Once a minimum of 20 posts are made, you'll be able to create your own threads & send out messages to fellow ATS members.

*** Keep your arms within the ride's comfort zone, have fun & help us "Deny Ignorance" ***

ATS is at times like a rollercoaster ride! As a new member be aware if one acts in an uncivil-like manner, discusses personal illicit drug usage, uses profanity, is a troll, intentionally spreads a hoax, spam's, advertises and/or get's verbally abusive, they will be warned or removed off the ride by a Moderator. If you see posted any of the above mentioned, please let staff know by using the "Alert" function. This will help keep the community, both young and old to further enjoy the ride with you.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 05:53 AM
link   
reply to post by natalia

Hey Nat

Thanks for the pleasantries, the ride has begun ! I think I'm already skipper on the ship of awesome insanity

I can see myself popping in daily quite easily but I'm still sussing everything out at the moment, its a lot to take in but I'm up for it.

You like the avatar hey, I thought it looked cool. It's Ra's al Ghul from the Batman comics

I've got plenty to say about the Brotherhood Nat, or Illuminati.. so many allegiances and deals done between these characters and organizations it's hard to pinpoint them all which gives a lot of anonymity. Not a cool bunch of people in my view even though some members would disagree.

A few of them stand out in particular but I'll save it for when I create a few threads so I can go all out !

Thanks again Nat, I'll see you around

Brett

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Vicarious10000

Thanks Vicarious,
For the welcome with the cryptic overtones

I'm sure "the dark one" has much more pressing business at hand than playing with me.

No stranger to darkness my friend, not by a long shot.
I may see you around then, so until next time Sir!

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 06:19 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Much appreciated Beezzer

Look forward to a solid brain workout the next few weeks that's for sure!
I guess I don't need a moderator as yet unless I've done something outside of the terms which I don't think I have.
Looks like most of the help info is just waiting to be found really

But still going through a lot of the beginners threads so I hope I don't make a fool of myself in the meantime

Might catch you in the forums mate. Take Care

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by okiecowboy

Thanks okiecowboy!

Looking forward to meeting some members as I start making my way through the forums.
Hope to contribute something, to some degree if I can.

I like to think I have a few tidbits here and there and I've always had a reputation for trivia

Take care, I'll see you around

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 06:40 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyAnonymous

Thank you JohnnyAnonymous I'm glad to be a part of the community and look forward to contributing and chatting with fellow members!

So much reading to go through wow. I guess reading up on everything will stop me looking foolish or dare I say, start "stepping on toes".

Thanks for the links, it looks like I have some reading to do

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Welcome aboard, and enjoy the ride!

There are a lot of excellent posters here from down under.

Can're wait to read your first thread, so get posting!

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

Hey Druid

Thanks for the welcoming, what a cool lot of people on here indeed & would be great to talk to some fellow Aussies

I can't wait for my first post either, so much so I had to write it down already

It's about disclosure through movies. In this case the George Clooney movie Syriana and the shift of resource production and transportation to Iran and Central Asia.

Not sure if you're into that kind of thing but hopefully someone will discuss it with me if they're interested.

Half way there at 10 replies woo hoo!

See you around Druid

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join