It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Research Forum Member's Thread (Updated 2018)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 06:46 PM
link   
I'm covering for an ill-co worker right now so my time has been limited a little bit. I'll be posting what I have as soon as I can.

Also don't forget, if you guys out there want to test yourselves and start a new project, let me know.

edit on 2-2-2013 by Rising Against because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 10:40 PM
link   
I'm adding a request to address the strict formality involved. Chopped from this post

Errata
(provided for the Team Leader's input, and responses to errors in research amongst team members. Basically a label to post under for team members, during a project, for input from other team members, stating information that's relevant to the project.)
I've used HEADLINE tags, as a demarcation for information, as I think it is a good way to denote sub-categories of research.
It would be interesting to see the Errata headline tag used amongst team members, as it would allow them to share information within a project, and allow for posts that are relevant to the topic. It seems to me, at least, that it would allow a more collaborative effort WITHIN a project, without detracting from the project at hand.

Anyway, the basic idea is that a member of a research project can comment on another's post, as long as they preface the comment with Errata.

For example, in an imaginary project, say alien abduction:

Participant A: I conclude that aliens are infiltrating my knickers, and I have photos that I took.

Participant B: Errata: Please post those pics, participant A.

Participant A: Errata: I don't know how to upload them.

Participant B: Errata: I'll send you a u2u, to figure it out.

Participant A: Errata: Thanks! Back to the project.

That's a very crude example, but it does indicate that discourse between researchers in a thread could be viable. Of course, it's just a suggestion.

Please take it under consideration that members on a research group may make comments in their own thread about the topic using the Errata prefix for posts. It'd be REALLY helpful for the Project Leader to posit comments without disrupting the thread, and we would know it's just a comment or suggestion within said thread.

Just my thoughts.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

Errata from Dictionary com

a list of errors and their corrections inserted, usually on a separate page or slip of paper, in a book or other publication; corrigenda.

Before the Internet, I used to have to spend Saturdays writing Errata Requests to publishers for each important book in our personal library.

For instance, in my post I see "been" instead of "be" and formatting glitches on one paragraph.
Errata would state:
Page number, paragraph number or other location reference then
Published as: been (Except usually presented in the whole sentence sample.)
Should have been published as: be (Except usually presented in the whole sentence sample.)
Notations - with notes for the changes. (Editing error in verb tense agreement.)

Errata is for correcting errors essentially and is not an indicator for a "comment section".

U2U works though

I think Rising Against can add his or her own comments without a designated box.

edit on 2/2/2013 by Trexter Ziam because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Trexter Ziam

Wikipedia

Errata, lists of errors and their corrections, may take the form of loose, inserted sheets or bound-in pages. An errata sheet is definitely not a usual part of a book. It should never be supplied to correct simple typographical errors (which may be rectified in a later printing) or to insert additions to, or revisions of, the printed text (which should wait for the next edition of the book)

Our definitions both seem to indicate a reference to paper and pages. I can see the electronic equivalent of a book being the total report, with an individual post being an errata comment.

To clarify:

It is a device to be used only in extreme cases where errors severe enough to cause misunderstanding are detected too late to correct in the normal way but before the finished book is distributed. Then the errors may be listed with their locations and their corrections on a sheet that is tipped in

For example:

Errata: Rising Against is a male. Previously stated as his or her.

Perhaps it is only a term used paper publishing, and has no place in the electronic world of research and information collection, but I for one know I make occasional mistakes, and if someone spots a glaring inconsistency in my research, it would be nice to have a method of inserting the revision.

After all, it was just an idea. In a perfect world, nobody makes mistakes, but we all know this isn't a perfect world.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

Errata exists on the Internet too. Here, we see the "Corrections" list for NBCnews.com website articles online - www.nbcnews.com... It's SO well hidden that people won't see it when looking at the ordinary news pages.

If we have serious errors, a moderator can fix them if the poster requests.

As far as third parties making corrections to your post, eeeerm, sounds like major trouble to me. Third parties can contact you by U2U though and let you know about it ... and then a moderator can fix it.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Very true, and well said.

I was more worried about errors in my own research, but alas, I appear to be doing fine.

Thanks for your input, it is graciously received, and I believe you have the best solution.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   
My first post in the Oswald project is in:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I will be editing it in a short while to add more info as well. Also, yep, if anyone needs anthying added in, or edited in some form, at anytime, let me know. I'll be more than happy to do it asap.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Good job on the project guys. I've been doing a lot of research and finding so many interesting things about this whole event. The mafia connections in New Orleans years previous to the assassination of JFK are very interesting, coincidentally a place Oswald lived. The connection with United fruit company and a gentlemen named Samuel Zemurray, it's owner, seems quite the story.

So I was wondering, if you guys working on the JFK project would like to also do another project after this one is finished. I think some clues may be had by researching the United fruit company. That would be the topic of research and Zemurray. If you are interested let me know.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Daedal

I'm sorry. I'm up to my eyeballs in Oswaldness
Like you, I've found so many major side venues to explore that aren't in the cards. The more we find, the more there is still left to find. It's a bottomless pit!

Is your fruit company related to Oswald somehow? If so, talk with our Team Leader Rising Against and see if your new found material would go in our existing thread.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Looks like me and Beezzer have some catching up to do.

Outline is ready, just putting the final touches on the project. Just want to say it a pleasure to see so many great minds pooling their resources and time, into such great conspiracies.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 08:58 AM
link   

I don't know if he's related to Oswald or not. But his ties to the CIA in overthrowing Jacob Arbenz, the democratically elected president of Guatamala, strikes similarities to what happened in Cuba after Castro began expropriating United fruit companies. As they did Arbenz, Zemurray with the help of the CIA began a propaganda campaign against him, painting him "Red," and the media portrayed him to the American public as a communist. Hence his overthrow in a coup, through Zemurray and the CIA.

I'm not absolutely sure if he's tied to Oswald or not, but the history that predates what happened to JFK sure tells a story of what eventually led to the assassination, the so called soviet aggression in the Western hemisphere. I think this would be a great research project, it would surely set the stage on a geopolitical scale beforehand.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by VeritasAequitas
reply to post by DevolutionEvolvd

Aleister would be a good addition too for Nutrition & Medicine
I will U2U about possible projects.

I would be glad to be one of the people on this project, although not a principal.

I have a topic I'd like to work on involving evolution - proof - but it's initially a theory and then a request for assistance in further working the theory. Does this fit in with the premise here, or should I post it first in another forum and then bring it here when further investigation is needed? Thanks.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

So, if I'm understanding correct, you want to open a research project, post your own theories and so on, and then ask for assistance from a set of research participants you have chosen, or all members with scholar status perhaps?

Am I right in highlighting this is what you'd like to try and set up? I'll do whatever I can to help you get a project going, I just want to make sure I'm understanding it first of all.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Daedal

Okay, I very vaguely remember that story from a PBS special over twenty years ago. More cans of worms there. There are lots of Central American conspira-stories and that's a big one. I still have a load more work to do on the Oswald thread which I won't start until Thursday because it's my spouse's "weekend" now.

I wish you luck on your CIA Fruit conspiracy and hope you get some people on your team.

edit on 4/2/2013 by Trexter Ziam because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rising Against

So, if I'm understanding correct, you want to open a research project, post your own theories and so on, and then ask for assistance from a set of research participants you have chosen, or all members with scholar status perhaps?

Am I right in highlighting this is what you'd like to try and set up? I'll do whatever I can to help you get a project going, I just want to make sure I'm understanding it first of all.

Fairly accurate, yes. Although it's one theory, one that I haven't seen anywhere. All members with scholar status who would find it interesting would be helpful, although one or two may find it interesting enough to really begin to add to it (or not, they may show me the door and I'll have to ask "Is that the correct door, sir?" and they will say yes). Thanks.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   

I would like to participate in this myself....I enjoy research and adding new information to theories

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 04:29 PM
link   
A new research is about to begin following a topic that has been talked about for years on ATS.

Is the Local Interstellar Cloud affecting us in any way?

The Project Level 1 research will mostly investigate the LIC's properties along with scientists claims and Nasa's official explanations to find out if it does in fact have an effect on our solar system, our planet, our weather and our lives in general. (goals)

The team has been formed through U2U, paticipants thus far are MamaJ, Jim Oberg, myself and we are just waiting for one more participant to get his scholar status approval to launch.

Really looking forward to this project !!!

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by SonoftheSun

Project has already received approval and I must say, your enthusiasm was truly great to see.

I'm hoping to see a great project.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Hey guys I won't have much time throughout this week to post, gonna be very busy. However I will have this coming weekend to do more research and contribute to the project.

Daedal

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Daedal
Hey guys I won't have much time throughout this week to post, gonna be very busy. However I will have this coming weekend to do more research and contribute to the project.

Daedal

I've just been for another job interview here, but tomorrow, after I do some work elsewhere, I'll be writing up a second post.

Don't worry as well although Daedal, it's always better to take your time and have it done properly than to rush and have the job half done. Take the time you need, real life comes first.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join