It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Research Forum Member's Thread (Updated 2018)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Hey all,

Recently we’ve had a bit of a revamp of the research forum here on ATS. We've had an overhaul of the main topics found at the top of the forum for example (A.K.A stickied topics), and we’ve also seen a major overhaul of the forum rules too. This has happened primarily for one reason – Forum inactivity, something we’re looking to change.

So, In an attempt to revive the forum and help get us back to seeing more of what ATS truly does best – the posting of great, quality research – we’ve done this and made the forum much easier to understand and participate in - Well, hopefully anyway and of course any input from the membership is always welcomed. Along with our new forum rules though, which can be viewed in-depth here, we've decided to add this, a place for scholar's to look for research projects to take part in, a place to throw out ideas for topics that others can research more in-depth, and a place to look for other members to join your research project and so on and on. All you have to do is post and go from there.

This is primarily a discussion thread for active participants of the research forum to actively discuss and manage their projects, as well as look for members to help participate in them and everything else of this nature. It’s one of the new factors added to help spur on some more activity in this forum. But, before you can participate however, and not just in this thread, but also this forum as a whole, you’ll need what’s known as scholar status. It works in a similar way to the fighter and writer status seen elsewhere on the forums. To gain this status, please take the time out to read this thread here: Scholar Status and You

A helpful and relevant snippet from the above thread:

To achieve Scholar status - which is only to be achieved upon the acknowledgement that an effort to maintain it will be needed, you first of all need to PM either DrumsRfun, eriktheawful, or one of the Super Moderators****

To see a more in-depth look at the new project rules of this forum, please also take the time out to see our guidelines thread posted here: A guide to the Research Forum 2013

A full explanation on starting a project, what we expect from you, and forum project levels you can choose from, are also posted there. Finally, If there’s ever any questions about anything at all, or if you’re unsure about something, please never hesitate to ask. We’re trying to make this forum much, much easier to participate in after all and if something isn't clear to you, let us know and we'll help in anyway possible. It's what we're here for!

And if you are indeed looking to participate, this thread is here for you. Feel more than free to use it and let’s help bring great research to ATS again.

edit on 20-7-2013 by Rising Against because: (no reason given)

edit on Wed Jul 30 2014 by DontTreadOnMe because: corrected u2u links

****You can also send a message to DontTreadOnMe or any other Super Moderator
edit on Wed Jul 30 2014 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

edit on 3.17.2018 by Kandinsky because: Updated contacts 2018

edit on 3.17.2018 by Kandinsky because: (no reason given)

edit on 3.17.2018 by Kandinsky because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 06:04 PM
link   
I am open for recruitment to a project level 1 - as assistant.

I can contribute text only which includes links, quotes, and their appropriate citations.

Areas of interest in order of priority:
Nature
Social Issues
Herbs
"Classic" Conspiracy Theory

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 07:31 AM
link   
I'd like to propose a level 1 project on the JFK assassination, myself acting as project leader.

I'd like to look at the possibility Oswald was not alone, if involved at all. Anyone interested in participating in this?

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 07:37 AM
link   
I am open to assisting on a project. I have nothing but time on my hands,

I can provide links sources and pictures to support anything i find without a problem.

My main interests would be:-

-Bigfoot Related
-Paranormal Related
-Nature Related

But i am open to assisting on anything and learning something new.

Just U2U me if you have a project in mind.

-Snoopie

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 08:58 AM
link   
If anyone has any projects they would like to see take place on any subject at all, feel free to post it. You don't have to participate either, you can just propose a research project for others to tackle if you wish.

Current subject brought up so far are as follows:

- The JFK assassination
- The Paranormal
- Bigfoot
- Nature
- Social Issues

Any aspect of the above - for example the single bullet theory in regards to the JFK assassination - is free to be brought up for an entire research project as well. It's not restricted to the overall subject. Multiple aspects of the same subject can be discussed.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

I'm an absolute "greenhorn" on ATS Research; but, if you have the patience for a "newb" then this falls under "Classical CT". Hopefully, you get a few more people as well. I follow directions well, as long as they are explicit.

What will the title be?
JFK and Oswald? How Many Assassins?

edit on 28/1/2013 by Trexter Ziam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Looking for people to tackle a Level 2 project.

The project will be based on Bigfoot and it will be researching whether or not a Bigfoot could be sustained in North America.

We will be looking at specific areas where a lot of sightings are reported. Such as the Pacific North West:- Oregon, Washington, Brittish Columbia and Northern California. We will also be looking at Alberta in Western Canada, Southern California where there have been a lot of reports of the desert Sasquatch and last but not least Southern Florida where there have been countless reports of the Skunk Ape, said to be Bigfoots Southern cousin.

It would be nice to get enough researchers to cover a state each. So we could all focus on one area. If not we could always take a couple of states each.

We will be individually analyzing reported sightings in our chosen areas and looking into these exact locations if at all possible and seeing whether a Bigfoot could live there unseen for years, whether there would be enough food to sustain its existence. Whether there is enough water around that area to quench the large primates thirst and seeing exactly how dense and untouched the forest really is in these areas. Also altitude seeing how high these animals can live, Can they survive Low oxygen for long periods ? Or do they systematically have to come down to lower areas for a breather. Do they live high and come down to eat ?, How densely populated are these areas? We will be looking into it all. Leaving no stone un-turned.

We will then be comparing such found results to other large primates we already know about such as Lowland Gorillas and seeing if they are similar in nature. Not by looks but by altitude and resources found in these areas.

I also will personally be going out into the woodlands near where i am located. Although i am in the UK i will be going out to get a feel for the wilderness. Hear the sounds, breathe the air and find out just how it feels to be out there in the cold and damp conditions.

The Goal

We will not be looking at whether Bigfoot does or does not exist. But whether these areas could support a large Bigfoot if hypothetically he did exist.

This could be a great fun and knowledgeable project for all involved and a great learning experience.

Please send me a U2U or a reply on this thread if you are interested. Also please tell me the area you would like to tackle as i do not mind what area i am investigating as it all interests me.

Could we even uncover where the Bigfoot colonies are located. Who knows ? Well anyone involved could know soon.

-Snoopie

edit on 28-1-2013 by Snoopie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Trexter Ziam

I'd be more than happy to have you take part.

And I'm primarily looking at just Oswald and whether he was in a position to be responsible.

Key areas to look into off the top of my head:

- Oswald's history - living in the soviet union, his connections there, his rather move back to America, and lead up to November 22nd.

- Oswald's actions on the day - in particular the alleged bringing of the rifle and his position at the time of the assassination.

- His connections, or lack of, to Cuban exiles, Intelligence work, Jack Ruby and the mafia.

So, one other person to thoroughly look into one of these aspects would be fantastic also. I'd also like to take control of the second highlighted point, although I'd be just as happy taking on the first, if at all possible.
edit on 28-1-2013 by Rising Against because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I would like to thank the staff for providing the oppourtunity for me to contribute to this forum. If anyone needs assistance on a project please let me know.

For future reference, I've always been intrigued with DB Cooper and felt that recent advances with Google Earth and satellite mapping, a clearer picture might be developed with the events that took place.

Thanks again,

beez

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

If that gets going, U2U me. I, too, have always had a soft spot for Mr. Cooper and the intrigues that surround his particulars. I'd love to participate in that!

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I would be up for participating in research projects of almost any area, however I do love the good conspiracies

My main areas of interest however are :

- Nutrition and Wellness
- Spirituality
- Hidden(?) History
- Government
- Paranormal

I can provide links, e-books, videos, and any other kind of data. Look forward to spending much time here with you all!

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 09:32 AM
link   
I'm throwing out some general topics for others to participate in if they so wish. If any of you out there do not have scholar status and would like to tackle a subject listed below, or a part of any subject listed below, or anything else even, send me a PM and we'll try to get you scholar status.

- There is enough evidence to say ghosts exist.

- Earth has been repeatedly visited by Extraterrestrials.

- The original moon landings were genuine

- Chemtrails are real

- 9/11 was an obvious conspiracy

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   

I wanted to add a possible topic as well :

- Possible conspiracy link between MKUltra & Columbine - Aurora Theater shootings...

U2U me for any additional information as to why, I suggest that.
edit on 29-1-2013 by VeritasAequitas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by VeritasAequitas

Great idea for a research topic.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Newbie to the forum so please bear that in mind, again thanks to the staff for the opportunity, hopefully I can retain the title.

I would participate in just about any research project. Although there are subjects that peek my interest more than others...here's a few.

- Government

- Geo-politics

- Current events

I can help provide sourced material, pics, video. So if anyone needs a helping hand let me know and I'll do my best to provide useful info.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Bear in mind that if you're able to get another person involved, even if it is only one, and you let me or another staff member know the exact topic, just so it can be approved, you're more than welcome to start a project. I say this as there seems to be a lack of member's willing to open one but there's genuinely no need. It's much easier with this new format, all we ask is you try to do proper research on your chosen subject, you ensure everyone else is on target, and then post your findings together. It's that simple.

It doesn't have to be amazing work all the time either. All that is asked of you is that you try. That's what we want to see.

Also, I'm looking for one more member to take part in this projet, so if anyone is interested, let me know.

edit on 29-1-2013 by Rising Against because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   

I'd be interested in helping but, what would be required of me?

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Double post

edit on 29-1-2013 by Daedal because: double post

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide
reply to post by beezzer

If that gets going, U2U me. I, too, have always had a soft spot for Mr. Cooper and the intrigues that surround his particulars. I'd love to participate in that!

Want to go in on a DB Cooper project? There has been so much done on it, much conflicting. I'd like to write a clear, concise paper on him. I can work on an outline and sure could use any help or insight.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Daedal

I'd be interested in helping but, what would be required of me?

Well these are the 3 main areas I want to look into, ith assistance from 2 fellow members:

"- Oswald's history - living in the soviet union, his connections there, his rather move back to America, and lead up to November 22nd.

- Oswald's actions on the day - in particular the alleged bringing of the rifle and his position at the time of the assassination.

- His connections, or lack of, to Cuban exiles, Intelligence work, Jack Ruby and the mafia. "

Trexter Ziam has chosen, via PM with me, the third option and I was planning on taking the second, although I'm happy with either one. All I'd as of you would be to do your research and then post what you find. For example if you was to take the second, you would most likely look into the Warren commissions claims, the claim being that Oswald brought a rifle in that morning, and in your research you would also find really 3 witnesses to his arrival that morning, 2 of which were before he arrived and which claimed the package he brought was too small for a rifle, and the other witness of him which wsa upon his arrival claiming to not see a package in his possession at all. Thus a conclusion we could draw from this would be that Oswald was unlikely to have brought in the 6.5 mm Carcano rifle he's claimed to have done that morning

I'd then expect to see witness testimonies, which can be found elsewhere online quite easily, to be brought up in regards to his position at crucial times that day as well. If you chose the first option however then I'd expect to see standard research into his past actions and so on.

This is also a level 1 research project. Nothing strenuous, just few posts.
edit on 29-1-2013 by Rising Against because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join