It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

O'Reilly sex case settled

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 10:19 PM
link   
And those tapes, now no body will get to hear them....

Yes, its nice to have the money

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger
I just asked why Kerry gets the bye, while O'Reilly is attacked?

I'm just being curious edsinger, and this is only a question: What exactly has Kerry gotten by with as compared to O'Reilly?

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Well no I didnt read your avitar, I am the only one asking about the double standard, not nessesarily defending O'Reilly. But he was attacked in here BECUASE he is known as a conservative.

WRONG!

O'Reilly was attacked in here because he is an obnoxious, hypocritical, mysogynistic, pig-headed douche bag.

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jazzerman

I just asked why Kerry gets the bye, while O'Reilly is attacked?

I'm just being curious edsinger, and this is only a question: What exactly has Kerry gotten by with as compared to O'Reilly?

Well the allegations against O'Reilly cam out and this board went nuts! He's guilty, he's this , he's that...that is understood as most in here hate the man and his soemtimes conservative viewpoint.

Yet Kerry a man who will not sign the 180 and release ALL of his military records, this action leads the sane person to conclude he is hiding something. Now what that is is the question. Rumors at the Pentagon say that it was not an honorable discharge . This would make sense with Kerry's actions both 30 years ago and now.

If he wants to be PONTUS, then why are the left leaning folks here not concerned about that record? he gets a pass....now you understand?

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lecky

Well no I didnt read your avitar, I am the only one asking about the double standard, not nessesarily defending O'Reilly. But he was attacked in here BECUASE he is known as a conservative.

WRONG!

O'Reilly was attacked in here because he is an obnoxious, hypocritical, mysogynistic, pig-headed douche bag.

dont forget pervert.

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Ed, what the h*** are you bringing Kerry up for?

Geeeezz

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Ed, what the h*** are you bringing Kerry up for?

Geeeezz

I just answered that........

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Well the allegations against O'Reilly cam out and this board went nuts! He's guilty, he's this , he's that...that is understood as most in here hate the man and his soemtimes conservative viewpoint.

...he gets a pass....now you understand?

Fair point my friend. I thought you were referring to a "Kerry Sex scandal" of some sort, which I was quite interested in where that came from. Anyhow, I do agree that comparisons between Kerry and O'Reilly could be justified to the point of saying one is guilty and one is not. Anyone that is biased toward a certain party will do anything to defend their beliefs even if it means contradicting themselves...so in that I can see your point.

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Yet Kerry a man who will not sign the 180 and release ALL of his military records, this action leads the sane person to conclude he is hiding something. Now what that is is the question. Rumors at the Pentagon say that it was not an honorable discharge . This would make sense with Kerry's actions both 30 years ago and now.

This is the Republican's #1 reason on why Kerry shouldn't be president...and they don't understand why we don't give 2 sh*ts...

Somehow being an inept, power hungry, redneck/cokehead who leads our country into faulty wars is a better solution....

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 10:36 PM
link   

This is the Republican's #1 reason on why Kerry shouldn't be president...and they don't understand why we don't give 2 sh*ts...

Somehow being an inept, power hungry, redneck/cokehead who leads our country into faulty wars is a better solution....

Being a veteran, if the situation were reversed, i would be voting for the Libs......Kerry has no right to be CIC if its true and he knows it and that is why he will not sign the 180.

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Being a veteran, if the situation were reversed, i would be voting for the Libs......Kerry has no right to be CIC if its true and he knows it and that is why he will not sign the 180.

LOL....suuuuuuuure you would bud

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 10:46 PM
link   

LOL....suuuuuuuure you would bud

actually I would, no one has the right to be CiC if he has been granted a dishonorable discharge. If Kerry had one, it would be for what is considered treasonous acts....he has no business in the White HOuse.

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Well I guess we will never know if money was paid, but I would highly doubt that it wasnt.

Odd thing is his ratings went UP 30%

***********UPdated ********

He told his viewers Thursday night, "This matter has caused enormous pain, but I had to protect my family, and I did. All I can say to you is please do not believe everything you hear and read."

Green's statement about the settlement did not mention money, and it could not be learned immediately whether it was a factor.

When the accusations began, Green refused to confirm or deny specific things that Mackris claimed O'Reilly said to her, but he said at the time that "Mr. O'Reilly denies that he has done anything that rises to the level of unlawful sexual harassment."

Green also had said he believed there were tapes of conversations between the two and asked a court to compel Mackris to produce them so they could be played publicly.

"I know that he does not fear what is on the tapes," Green said at the time.

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Dear Lord, OF COURSE MONEY WAS A FACTOR

Did we just fall off a turnip truck or what?????

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Well WHO paid? She couldnt, He could but will not release it....I think he did pay but why? His ratings were up and just maybe he was innocent, although by setlleing that seems less likely.

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 12:14 AM
link   

"All I can say to you is please do not believe everything you hear and read."

Come on! Most of your viewers are Bush supporters. Need you tell them this, 'Riles?

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Referring to Michael Jackson, O'Reilly said: "get it through your head no one wants a child molester in their home, along with your scarey looks to scare little children."

Too bad O'Reilly begs us not to jump to conclusions about him, the same way he did about Michael Jackson when he settled child molestation charges out of court. Apparently to O'Reilly, if you settle an issue out of court, it implies guilt -- for everyone but himself

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by W_HAMILTON

"All I can say to you is please do not believe everything you hear and read."

Come on! Most of your viewers are Bush supporters. Need you tell them this, 'Riles?

Actually many are not, they like to watch him becuase they hate him!

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Well seems like she got some money anyway...damn.

"Mr. O'Reilly denies that he has done anything that rises to the level of unlawful sexual harassment."

www.foxnews.com...

"Rising to the level," was the problem anyway, was it not?

You just gotta detect these freudian slips, may try it all out for "reverse speech," as well. But who cares, this is more distraction and diversion that it is worth, but then again look how fast everything settles out fine. O'Reilly gets away and lives happily ever after, the one person who should not have such an end to his troubles. I remind people to view "Outfoxed," and realize what a brusque personality has such a following. He does not appeal to reason, but to shouting down people with ad hominem attacks. If that is the ticket to popularity, we are in for a miserable future especially with a dumbed down America that listens to it with abandon.

Journalists should at least have some concept of public speaking and debating before reading their miserable teleprompters.

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 09:21 AM
link   
I fully agree with the recommendation to watch 'Outfoxed'.

The manner in which Fox is so blatently just the - totally obvious - propaganda wing of the republican party is shameful and a disgrace to US journalism and the toleration of this deliberate daily distorted 'news' is an affront to and a daily attack on US democracy, IMO.

Anyhoo.....

Considering that O'Reilly is so clearly such a grossly unpleasant piece of work I think it is most amusing to see the SOB get his 'just rewards'.

What comes around goes around; couldn't have happened to nicer guy.

(BTW any bets on how long 'til the separation and divorce is announced?)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join