It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

O'Reilly sex case settled

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Well seems like she got some money anyway...damn.

He gave up......

Thursday October 28, 6:41 pm ET

NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Oct. 28, 2004--The Parties regret that this matter has caused tremendous pain, and they have agreed to settle. All cases and claims have been withdrawn and all Parties have agreed that there was no wrongdoing whatsoever by Mr. O'Reilly, Ms. Mackris, or Ms. Mackris' counsel, Benedict P. Morelli & Associates. We now withdraw any assertion that any extortion by Ms. Mackris, Mr. Morelli, or Morelli & Associates occurred. Out of respect for their families and privacy, all Parties and their representatives have agreed that all information relating to the cases shall remain confidential.

biz.yahoo.com...

***********UPdated ********

He told his viewers Thursday night, "This matter has caused enormous pain, but I had to protect my family, and I did. All I can say to you is please do not believe everything you hear and read."

Green's statement about the settlement did not mention money, and it could not be learned immediately whether it was a factor.

When the accusations began, Green refused to confirm or deny specific things that Mackris claimed O'Reilly said to her, but he said at the time that "Mr. O'Reilly denies that he has done anything that rises to the level of unlawful sexual harassment."

Green also had said he believed there were tapes of conversations between the two and asked a court to compel Mackris to produce them so they could be played publicly.

"I know that he does not fear what is on the tapes," Green said at the time.

www.foxnews.com...

[edit on 28-10-2004 by edsinger]

[edit on 28-10-2004 by edsinger]

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Yeah cos that's what powerful wealthy people always do when they're completely innocent.....especially when faced by someone with (comparatively) nothing and no substantive support.

Of course you start handing out millions to avoid any fuss.....in the glare of the very publicity you've helped generate yourself.

Yeah, happens all the time, the world's wealthy and powerful are renouned for it aren't they?

[edit on 28-10-2004 by sminkeypinkey]

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 07:00 PM
link   
He just announced it!

He is thanking his viewers and he promises to NEVER mention it again.

He said he was innocent.

Just thought I would pass it along....

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger
He said he was innocent.
Just thought I would pass it along....

So incredibly gullible....I wish I got off everytime I said I was innocent.

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Look the LEFT hates him, so you assume he was gulity. What if he was innocent? I do not know the answer and she did damage him permanantly, but just how do you know? I know how you do, you hate him so you assume, same as you feel for Bush...

Hate...

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Look the LEFT hates him, so you assume he was gulity. What if he was innocent? I do not know the answer and she did damage him permanantly, but just how do you know? I know how you do, you hate him so you assume, same as you feel for Bush...

Hate...

Amazing how you can detect what I feel about either one through the computer. Have you ever once seen me write that I hate Bush? I didn't think so. But the fact that he offered money right off the bat is a big indicator that he might be guilty. Funny how you think I am a democrat because I don't like Bush. Wow ed, you are just full of BS today aren't you? Keep up your Bush campaigning, propaganda is all the rage these days.

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Well you have already convicted him havent you?

What about Kerry and his 180 form? Why are you not calling him guilty?

As I said, I do not know if O'Reilly is guilty or not, I just dont know, but you were quick to condem him werent you?

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 07:18 PM
link   

What about Kerry and his 180 form? Why are you not calling him guilty?
As I said, I do not know if O'Reilly is guilty or not, I just dont know, but you were quick to condem him werent you?

YOU stated Bill thought he was innocent and then implied those were your feelings also, now YOU are backtracking. I said that it is suspicious he offered her money right of the bat and that this action could be implied as an admission of guilt. He didn't want to fight it, he wanted to settle it out of court.

What am I not talking about Kerry? Because this thread is about Bill O' Reilly, you aren't going to change the subject that fast.

Vote BADNARIK.

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 07:22 PM
link   
As I have said, I do NOT know either way, it is just the left jumps on him but yet gives Kerry the pass, that was my Kerry point..

Media = Liberal lacky's

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 07:27 PM
link   
You know what that means...she had tapes!

But now I'm sure they won't be released to the public, which kind of sucks b/c I was so looking forward to making more fun of Captain Falafal...

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Ed....he has compromised himself and made himself look guilty by settling out of court and not standing up for himself and proving his innocents....isn't that the same thing that Jackson as done? Pay off his accusers?

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Bottom line is that he is as guilty as Micheal Jackson, Kobe and OJ. Only difference is that he is white. Well so is Mike but not really.

If he were not guilty he would not be throwing money to the wind as that just opens another law suit for another scammer if it was the case.

He is guilty, guilty, guilty and to top it off I think he is a pedophile.

Thats my talking points for tonight.

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 08:43 PM
link   
I dunno, if I were married with children and someone spread these claims around, and I were INNOCENT of all charges, would I just pay off the "wronged" person? I think not.

And in his case, would his ego allow him to just walk away?

And Ed, it's really not fair to say if you think O'Reilly is guilty, you must hate/dislike/not vote for Bush.

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 08:52 PM
link   
I recall Oreilly saying Michael Jackson HAD to be guilty, because he settled his lawsuits with hush money.......

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by DontTreadOnMe
I dunno, if I were married with children and someone spread these claims around, and I were INNOCENT of all charges, would I just pay off the "wronged" person? I think not.

And in his case, would his ego allow him to just walk away?

And Ed, it's really not fair to say if you think O'Reilly is guilty, you must hate/dislike/not vote for Bush.

I agree it looks bad and the damage to him is already done...but truthfully most in here already had him guilty. Tapes? Can he be that stupid?

Look I am not defending him, just the double standard that you liberals have......why arent you asking for Kerry's records? It is tha same deal expect one is a TV guy and the other is a possible POTUS.

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Spin, spin, spin way edsinger. You're so good at. Call everyone a liberal and change the subject, great job. This is getting kind of old.

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 09:05 PM
link   

just the double standard that you liberals have......why arent you asking for Kerry's records? It is tha same deal expect one is a TV guy and the other is a possible POTUS.

DUH!!!!!!!
1. i am NOT a liberal
2. i cannot tolerate o'reilly's ego let alone like him
3. i think kerry has a lot missing from his life, besides his vietnam stuff. his campaign is more anything-but-bush than here-is-what-i-am-about
4. did you notice the banner at the bottom of my avatar, or have you read any of my posts? I know where you stand and I assume you have not a clue where I stand??

[edit on 28-10-2004 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by DontTreadOnMe

just the double standard that you liberals have......why arent you asking for Kerry's records? It is tha same deal expect one is a TV guy and the other is a possible POTUS.

DUH!!!!!!!
1. i am NOT a liberal
2. i cannot tolerate o'reilly's ego let alone like him
3. i think kerry has a lot missing from his life, besides his vietnam stuff. his campaign is more anything-but-bush than here-is-what-i-am-about
4. did you notice the banner at the bottom of my avatar, or have you read any of my posts? I know where you stand and I assume you have not a clue where I stand??

[edit on 28-10-2004 by DontTreadOnMe]

Well no I didnt read your avitar, I am the only one asking about the double standard, not nessesarily defending O'Reilly. But he was attacked in here BECUASE he is known as a conservative....and yes I assumed your were bashing him. My wrong...if you just dont like him, fine I can deal with that, but as you can see I am a bit outnumbered here so that one slipped by...sorry.

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by sminkeypinkey
Yeah cos that's what powerful wealthy people always do when they're completely innocent.....especially when faced by someone with (comparatively) nothing and no substantive support.

Interesting...many Conservatives would jump all over Michael Jackson or others and say "he did it" for paying off people, but when it comes to O'Reilly he has to be completely innocent. Seriously, edsinger...

He knows he did it, and now he is trying to cover his tracks. It must be nice to have so much money that morality no longer is an issue

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 10:17 PM
link   
I never said he didnt do it..

I just asked why Kerry gets the bye, while O'Reilly is attacked?

Hell he might be guilty, thing is he says he is done talking about it and didnt release if he paid her to be quiet or not, but I assume that he settled which would imply guilt yes.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join