Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

President Obama... I think you have other things to be concerned with!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
+8 more 
posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   
President Obama Worried About Football Safety

Obama tells The New Republic that football fans are going to have to wrestle with the fact that the game will probably change over time to try to reduce the violence.

The president says that some of those changes might make football, in his words, "a bit less exciting" but that it will be much better for players.

Source

Seriously, Mr President, football, really.... football.
Get your head in the game and lets "tackle" some real issues.

+3 more 
posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by elevatedone

It won't be long until he decides we all might choke on Jello...make it safer for all of us Oh Mighty Mr. Prez.....

He needs to pull his fingers out of the NFL pie....Until I see him playing on a League Team...what he has to say means squat....

Des

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Just wait until he cracks down on the football tailgate parties.

Crowd control and safety is also essential.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   

What do you expect? I fully expect Congress to hold hearings on football safety sometime in the near future, just like they did with baseball and steroids. Ridiculous.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by OptimusSubprime

What do you expect?

New federal rules for football:

1. No running.

2. No physical contact of any kind between players.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Obama is just mad that the Bears didn't make it into the playoffs.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   
well, they did away with playing tag at recess
ain't nothin sacred?

Some traditional childhood games are disappearing from school playgrounds because educators say they're dangerous.
Elementary schools in Cheyenne, Wyo., and Spokane, Wash., banned tag at recess this year. Others, including a suburban Charleston, S.C., school, dumped contact sports such as soccer and touch football.
usatoday30.usatoday.com...

we used to play touch footall at recess because it wasn't a contact sport
edit on 27-1-2013 by Danbones because: (no reason given)
edit on 27-1-2013 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   
OGerd he answered a question that was asked of him !

I'm outraged !!!!!

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   

I know of a budget he could work on, that for years hasn't been passed........

This President is a Joke.

edit on 27-1-2013 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   
It's football for crying outloud one of the last "real men" sports.

Obama does have better things to do and if he is so concerned with violence stop droning people.

Yeah he does have more pressing issues like running this country in to the ground.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Well isn't it obvious?

Send drones to all football games!

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
Well isn't it obvious?

Send drones to all football games!

Sounds Legit.

Can they drop free cell phones?

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by syrinx high priest

That's actually a good point.

I personally would have loved it had he said something along the lines of "while sports injuries are serious, etc, etc. blah blah, my thoughts and energy are better spent on more pressing matters at this time"...

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   

I honestly dont mind if he wants to talk sports, but there's so many more things he should be accomplishing. I don't want to know how many times he plays golf, or goes on vacation either! Not until he fixes the problems his Administration has been balking on. Then he can talk about Beyonce's butt, if he wants to.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Well, well, well... I went to youtube to find the video of Obama throwing the first pitch in mom jeans and it appears to have been scrubbed. Yes there is one of him and it is said to be in mom jeans, but it is not the original and hilarious one where he had no jacket and you could really see the mom jeans. Also the pitch in the original was seriously pathetic. Poof it is gone and replaced by a much less mocking version.

So much for my attempt at some levity for this thread, but honestly... Why would we listen to anyone who wears those jeans and throws such a pathetic pitch about anything to do with sports?

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   
So are we going with the old two complete passes for a first down now? Used to burn me up catching a 20 yard pass and running for another 10 yards only to hear "Second Down" at the end of the play.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I wonder why he said nothing about the NFL being a non-profit organization that pays no tax on billions in profits. Hypocrisy in action i guess. If we are going to have a war on capitalism lets be fair about it.

Yes, I know everyone will hate me for not bowing to the sports world. I was never a watcher. I always played the games i liked. They have turned something great for American families into a money sucking ,capitalistic machine under the guise of a non-profit organization.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone
President Obama Worried About Football Safety

Obama tells The New Republic that football fans are going to have to wrestle with the fact that the game will probably change over time to try to reduce the violence.

The president says that some of those changes might make football, in his words, "a bit less exciting" but that it will be much better for players.

Source

Seriously, Mr President, football, really.... football.

Really?????

He was ASKED A QUESTION...did you forget to include that?

FF: Sticking with the culture of violence, but on a much less dramatic scale: I'm wondering if you, as a fan, take less pleasure in watching football, knowing the impact that the game takes on its players.

And not only that...He was ASKED THE QUESTION...AFTER THESE QUESTIONS...on Agenda, Gun Control, Partisan Gridlock, Immigration, Executive Orders, Syria...

Chris Hughes: Can you tell us a little bit about how you've gone about intellectually preparing for your second term as president?

CH: Have you looked back in history, particularly at the second terms of other presidents, for inspiration?

Franklin Foer: Let's talk about that in terms of guns. How do you speak to gun owners in a way that doesn't make them feel as if you're impinging upon their liberty?

CH: You spoke last summer about your election potentially breaking the fever of the Republicans. The hope being that, once you were reelected, they would seek to do more than just block your presidency. Do you feel that you've made headway on that?

CH: How do you imagine it happening?

FF: Are there any forces for reform within the Republican Party, people you've been able to establish some sort of working relationship with?

CH: You inspired a lot of people in your first presidential campaign, and with your books, by talking about a new kind of politics. And now, four years later, it's a time in Washington that's characterized by nastiness more often that not. How do you reconcile those two things four years in?

FF: When you talk about Washington, oftentimes you use it as a way to describe this type of dysfunction. But it's a very broad brush. It can seem as if you're apportioning blame not just to one party, but to both parties—

CH: It seems as if you're relying more on executive orders to get around these problems. You've done it for gun control, for immigration. Has your view on executive authority changed now that you've been president for four years?

FF: Have you ever fired a gun?

CH: The last question is about Syria. I wonder if you can speak about how you personally, morally, wrestle with the ongoing violence there.

So the OP doesn't include the QUESTION he responded to, the context/actual full qoute...or the other 10 ISSUE QUESTIONS he answered, nor explain it was an interview?...or the Link to actual Interview Transcript?

Omisions that would have immediately discredited the OP's claim of not being focused on substantial issues.

A singular softball question among a dozen in an otherwise deeply issue focused interview?

Originally posted by elevatedone

[SNIPPED]

INTERVIEW HERE:
www.newrepublic.com...
edit on 27-1-2013 by Rising Against because: Removed personal comment.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   

While I agree, the president really ought to be concerning himself with more important things than sports, I think this is a bit of sensationalism on your part.

It's not as though he went out of his way to talk football, and its not like he is weighing in on what the league should do. A reporter asked him about the game. He answered the question. No more, no less.

He is a person afterall....and does have personal opinions.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   
edit on 27-1-2013 by neo96 because: bad neo

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join