Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Very Lucid Dreams this week

page: 1

join

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   
So for about a week I have been having dreams like I have never had in my life. Usually I have dreams that are short, with vague remembrance and occur in an unreal dreamscape. I don't usually have recurring dreams in my few dreamscapes but the dreamscapes remain the same for the most part.

This week.... they have been like real life. They have been combinations of things that I have actually experienced with a touch of imagination but for the most part realistic scenario's.

The thing is that they last a long time.. for example, the end of one night before last, ok this is crazy but its a dream please keep in mind (
). A cop was taking me to the bus station and during the ride got an APB so I was dropped off and told to meet her at a certain place later. I was left handcuffed and spent what felt like 8 hours walking around asking for directions. Eventually I was able to slide one of the handcuffs off and that helped a little but noone would give me directions, everyone was just rude and this went on for what felt like at least 8 hours but I only slept 6 hours.. The total dream seemed like about 3 days. When I FINALLY woke up A. I was very very relieved and B. I could not believe it was not real...

Here is another thing which I won't go into to much detail about. I am used to occasionally speaking with people in my dreams and remembering tidbits of the conversations.

This week I have been thinking while listening to people talk to me in my dreams.. I've never done that. The conversation in my dreams has always been impromptu. That's one of the things that are making them seem so real. Idk what's going on, I'm mainly joking when I say this but is it the Dawn of Aquarius? lol.. Also, I quit smoking about 3 weeks ago and I don't mean cigs but I also don't mean anything hard. In the past that has made me dream more vividly and lucidly but never changed the way I've dreamed?

Is anyone else possibly experiencing something similar? If not and you have knowledge of dream interpretation or just ANY idea of what's going on with me please share. I look forward to this communities feedback, any insight would be appreciated.

Thoughts?

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   
You're just having better recall.

Dreams are not short unless you sleep for short periods of time. As long as you're asleep, you're dreaming. It's just that most of the time you fail to remember the parts that link all your dreams together. That's most likely due to non-REM dreams being uneventful and dull.

It happens. Dream recall waxes and wanes, even for the best dream recallers.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by The Cusp

Your right about that but its like 10x better recall. I could tell you almost everything that happened in that dream that seemed like 3 days.

I didn't care for the movie Inception very much because I couldn't relate.. now though I get it a little more I guess. Ya think it could be an age thing? I'm 30.. like I said, never had dreams like this in my life. Not realistic, not extremely long and I never consciously thought during them.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by 1/2 Nephilim

My dream state has also taken a turn for the bizarre. Always been a semi-lucid dreamer, but now I can explore my dreamscapes and even taste/smell and the experience is so real I feel as if I am conscious about 23 hrs a day now. Been waking up so immersed in my dreams that it takes me a minute to catch up to the fact that I am back in this reality now. Almost seems to be an alternate dimension lol and it sounds weird, but it has been a very strange thing to experience.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   
There's a lot of variability to recall. Only twice have I had "total recall". And it didn't last long. I had to choose which parts I wanted to commit to memory before the total recall faded. But for those few minutes it lasted, I could remember everything! Or rather I had access to everything, since it was impossible to remember it all at once.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Coopdog

That sounds cool, I hadn't experienced smell or taste that I can recall but pain and emotional feelings are there much moreso which are sort of senses to an extent I guess. How long has this been going on for you?

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   

About three months now

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Hey thanks for sharing!
For the past 2 weeks I have been having wild dreams. This morning I wasn't even sleep just lying in bed with my eyes closed and started having a vision/dream.
I've even asked a few of my family & friends about theirs dreams lately, and they've told me that they have experienced epic dreaming in these past few weeks also.

I also don't feel rested even after a long night's sleep. I suffered with insomina for about 3 days last week. It's been weird, almost like I'm living another life when I go to sleep.

My dreams are about someone trying to teach me about some kind of ritual or grooming me for something.
edit on 28-1-2013 by Teeky because: words

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 01:57 AM
link   
I know exactly what you mean, it's like I just go to an alternate reality when I doze off and I feel like I am conscious about 23 hrs out of the day now. I also have learning dreams, but most of the time I am battling my own inner demons in my dreams. I have had some bizarre learning dreams and when I told people about them they accused me of using mushrooms or some other psychedelics, but nothing like that for me. Just my own inner strangeness lol. My brain is nothing if not random
Personally I love the dream theater I have nowadays.

Makes me wonder if we really are undergoing some sort of shift to read about others experiences.

new topics

top topics

join