It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Groom Security

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Thomasz

EG&G was dissolved a few years ago, remember that Raytheon and EG&G came together to form a joint venture called JT3 LLC, this private mixed company has several employment contracts to operate at the NTTR, also known as the Joint Range Technical Services.

Here it has been said that when some kind of vehicle approaches the Groom guard shack the Dudes don't they nothing, I guess when a worker approaches to the site communicate by trunked radio system, some of this systems are encrypted, both security and contractors use this method. I don't know exactly, but I think in Halligan Mesa is a support facility to enable communication over long distances and can carry out a good transmission among workers outside the base.

edit on 10-3-2013 by rayktheon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   
EG&G has locations all over the country, in places where you would usually expect them. Like near US military test labs in D.C. The one I've seen outside of Las Vegas at McCarran is at a location at Dahlgren, Virginia.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyingTeacup

EG&G has been broken up for a few years now. Parts went to Perkin Elmer. Other elements went to URS.

Next time I'm in Vegas, I will make it a point to photograph the signs by the old EG&G buildings to see what they say.

egg

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Hi,

i didnt even realise that the groom security guards employers were public knowledge?, surley they would have been better to be some skunk work/ black op guys i.e. super-soldier types to protect one of the most secure bases in the world.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by speedgod

i didnt even realise that the groom security guards employers were public knowledge?, surley they would have been better to be some skunk work/ black op guys i.e. super-soldier types to protect one of the most secure bases in the world.

While I wouldn't call the camo dudes mall cops, their charter is to watch the watchers and arrest anyone who crosses the line. The deadly force signs are no longer present at the front gate.

It is assumed you would be visited by a more deadly force if you actually got close to the base. The base is about 13 miles from the front gate border. That is a decent buffer zone. In reality, the surveillance starts well outside the border. The camo dudes check out people along the ET Highway. The road sensors are beyond the border to give the dudes time to react. And of course they have cameras, especially the big one on Bald Mountain.

Any items on the tower structure that are tilted are suspected to be fixed observation cameras. You can spot a few in this latest shot at the bottom section of the structure. Probably at ladder height.

I don't believe any ground "attack" (not the best choice of word) would be successful. Security would cut you off way before the base. The dudes are deputized in the Lincoln County Sheriff Department.

Note also those arses from the BBC that crossed the back gate weren't arrested at all. It is a substantially longer drive from the back gate to the base. I suspect the base didn't want the publicity associated with the arrest media.

Nellis controls the air traffic around the range. There certainly must be a procedure to repel entry by air, though it is tried so rarely that nobody knows exactly what the base would do. I know a pilot that got close to the west side of the Nellis range and was greeted by an A-10 doing wing rocking and then coming up on guard (121.5).

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 05:22 AM
link   
I guess that employ these security contractors to avoid attracting the attention of the public around the base. Although, I still don't know the exact reason why they use civilian security contractors to conduct security and surveillance of the external perimeter of Groom Lake and not use military personnel.

I also think it may be in case there are any kind of incident or misunderstanding of any person with the Dudes, the person would try to prosecute or sue the "Company or Corporation" which employs the Dudes, as in this case would be a Private Security Contractor, the blame would fall on the company in question and not on the U.S. gov. Although I don't know if this could be done.

Anyway, it is true that the dotation material used by Dudes has some resemblance to that used by the military, for example they wear arid uniform, much like the one used by United States Air Force Security Forces.
edit on 19-3-2013 by rayktheon because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join