It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Link: Big Rip ~ Big Bang ~ Déjà vu ~ Psychic Abilities

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 09:34 AM
link   
So I read an article years ago about the Big Rip. If you do not know what the Big Rip is, it is a cosmological hypothesis about the ultimate fate of the universe, in which the matter of the universe, from stars and galaxies to atoms and subatomic particles, is progressively torn apart by the expansion of the universe at a certain time in the future. Theoretically, the scale factor of the universe becomes infinite at a finite time in the future.
Big Rip

So basically this is stating since our Universe is expanding instead of slowing down that the Universe would eventually rip apart. So after reading a paper in 2008 I sent an email to one of the researchers.

Good Afternoon,

My name is [ ] and I have read your work on the Big Rip and have came to some sort of theory or thinking on my own and I wanted to get your opinion on it. I appreciate you taking the time to read my email!

Ever since I researched about the Big Rip theory I thought that if theory is correct and the Universe as we know rips apart then in theory everything would be like it was before the Big Rip. You could also think that maybe the Big Bang would happen again and everything would start over and if started over again, than the universe would evolve again just the same as before. We would then really be living in a constant cycle of Big Bang- Big Rip and we would be living our lives over and over again. Do you think that theory could be possible or am I way out their?

Thanks for your time,

To my surprise he responded to my email.

Hi,

Thanks for your email.

Some scientists have had a similar idea, that the universe could be "reborn" out of the big rip, or some other cataclysmic event in the very distant future. If you'd like to read a technical article, see arxiv.org...
or for a more general description, see
endlessuniverse.net...

So this basically got my mind thinking that if the Big Bang and the Big Rip theories are both correct then if after the Big Rip, whatever conditions that existed before the Big Bang would hypothetically exists again.

If this were the case, then the Big Bang would happen again and the same conditions would occur. The Universe would develop the same as before and we could be living this life over, and over, and over again. If we are living this life over and over again, wouldn't that account for Déjà vu, Psychic Abilities, Intuitiveness, etc? Some people will just learn to subconsciously "Remember" something that has happened over and over again?

What do you think about my Hypothesis ATS? I think I should have went into Science instead of business....
edit on 1/27/2013 by Djayed because: Fixed title

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 10:05 AM
link   
good theory, ive often thought about it.

it kinda makes sense of the "If we don't learn from history, we are doomed to repeat it." quote

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by truthseeker10
good theory, ive often thought about it.

it kinda makes sense of the "If we don't learn from history, we are doomed to repeat it." quote

Thanks! Glad to know I am not the only person that's mind is going to these places!!

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 10:14 AM
link   
the big bang theory is wrong and big rip theory is a wish

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZakOlongapo
the big bang theory is wrong and big rip theory is a wish

So what is your belief on the subject. Creationism?

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I would imagine that chaos theory would factor in eventually and lead to different results. Planetary magnetic fields, satellite orbital patterns, and the gravitational interaction between star clusters have all been observed as being chaotic.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   
It is a really good theory. With what they are decoding in our DNA and coming to understand how much information is stored in DNA, it's not impossible to believe that some people are wired just a bit differently and can utilize that information stored in the very fabric of our being.

I use to ask my grandmother (she was very devout christian) why deja-vu happened so often to me, and she said, "Because you've done it before." Now, I don't think she meant in any context outside of the life I live now, but now in remembering her, it may have been a very astute ascertain.

It may also help explain to those of us that do pull amazingly pull information from somewhere, why we feel so certain there is life out their contacting us. Could we be tapping into that coded information and remembering an entirely different world and race that we humans have LIVED before?

Interesting stuff to think about. S&F!

Peace,
Cirque

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Josephus
I would imagine that chaos theory would factor in eventually and lead to different results. Planetary magnetic fields, satellite orbital patterns, and the gravitational interaction between star clusters have all been observed as being chaotic.

But with this being said wouldn't the different variations keep having over and over as well? SO maybe sometimes I would exists and sometimes I wouldn't?
edit on 1/27/2013 by Djayed because: fixed spelling

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by CirqueDeTruth
It may also help explain to those of us that do pull amazingly pull information from somewhere, why we feel so certain there is life out their contacting us. Could we be tapping into that coded information and remembering an entirely different world and race that we humans have LIVED before?

I have put a lot of thought into this over the years, maybe that is to explain the geniuses of our time/past. They were merely tapping into knowledge they already knew but since it was a little before when they were supposed to now it, this knowledge becomes extraordinary discoveries, inventions, and theories.
edit on 1/27/2013 by Djayed because: fixed spelling....I am a Math guy!

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Djayed

I think that's how it would work yeah. I imagine apart from this iteration of the universe you'd exist in anywhere from 0 to all of the future universes. That kind of fits with the Hindu model of reincarnation where you escape the cycle of rebirth to become one again with Brahman.
edit on 27-1-2013 by Josephus because: (no reason given)

top topics

join