It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Machine Gun fire from Military Helicopters over Florida

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 01:26 AM
link   
just a note..

was in SE portland, Ore Thurs-Sat, and I think it was the 25th & daylight, around 10am when I heard ALOT of jet after burners kicking in what seemed to be a short CAP (Continus Air Patrol); and yes..PDX is fairly close, 5-7 miles down the highway,but sounded like was right over his apt; so much so I raced to his sliding glass door to get a better idea but couldn't get an exact location/ jet discrip due to heavy overcast. I'm assuming they were F18s since there are some based out of PDX, if my memory serves me correctly.

Not sure if this ties in with what was going on in FL or not.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Obama is just doing what Lincoln did.

Lincoln got the entire Atlantic and Pacific Naval Fleets of Russia into Union Ports to help kill half of America off and seize all their businesses, money, assets.

History is just repeating itself.

There is NO "Training" benefit to flying military helicopters with high power military radar blaring at people on the ground....shooting "blanks" at people on the ground. There is absolutely NO training benefit they could get. They ARE using high power military radar/ thermal imaging / night vision / Infra Red targeting lasers on people on the ground......too bad those people didn't have RIGHTS....otherwise they wouldn't be getting blasted by the unseen directed energy/radar.

Somebody should be on TRIAL for this event.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by paratus
Where are they practicing for?
And where in current active theaters are there buildings taller than 15 stories that would warrant this need?
Just saying.

There is only one damn place I can think of outside of Mainland China.

Iran.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 03:13 AM
link   
Get out of Miami now!

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

Originally posted by paratus
Where are they practicing for?
And where in current active theaters are there buildings taller than 15 stories that would warrant this need?
Just saying.

There is only one damn place I can think of outside of Mainland China.

Iran.

They are training for us folks period there is no other reason for it. Never until recently has the military trained in our cities and towns. for the first time in history we have combat troops on our soil on mission posse comitatus is dead. No notice and loud machine gun fire... Joint operations with police. The american people are so dumbed down and desensitized that most think nothing of it. Even the soldiers doing the training are buying the BS they are training for terrorist or foreign invaders. People need to wake the hell up...

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 03:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Pervius

They ARE using high power military radar/ thermal imaging / night vision / Infra Red targeting lasers on people on the ground......too bad those people didn't have RIGHTS....otherwise they wouldn't be getting blasted by the unseen directed energy/radar.

Just wondering,but where in any report of this did any of that actually happen, especially the laser targeting of people on the ground?

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 04:01 AM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

If Tdawg called it right for the aircraft and affiliation....those weren't stupid or ignorant soldiers likely to fall for a B.S. line. That's what got my attention a bit. The 160th flying around Miami on a training event would be like elements of Seal Team 6 out in Davenport Iowa or something. It's not simply illogical...it's out where the buses don't run for crazy. A waste of what I believe is literally categorized as a 'National Asset' in their own right.

If it's not them and just some hot pilots running a routine training event the political and military leadership decided to get two birds at once with by staging in a city to scare the hell out of the people at the same time? Well... Then yeah, I'm concerned for our own futures. The conditioning isn't cool and isn't sure not comforting in any way.

I think the nature and specific ID of the unit makes that much difference. Just my thinking on it.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 05:57 AM
link   
After all that has been going on with shootings and gun bans, they do a exercise drill shooting blanks from a helicopter over the population. Last time I heard discharge of a firearm in city limits is a against the law. Time to call the Sheriffs department.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 06:07 AM
link   
They said its a military and police drill for overseas...is anyone buying this bullcrap because I'm not. If it's an overseas drill why are they doing it in downtown Miami and why are the police involved? Do they really think were that stupid? Sadly alot of people are though.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Yes, this is conditioning, in my opinion. They're getting people used to this. Follow instructions and don't ask questions. This is no bueno.
I predict this will start happening in other locations.
And, yes, something will happen to "justify" this.......

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 08:44 AM
link   
If this kind of thing happened in Canada there would be hell to pay in Parliament and people's heads would roll. The idea that a military "drill" of this sort would be conducted over a major urban area is beyond belief.

Incidentally under US pressure customs officers at the Toronto Island airport involved in preclearance for US bound travellers might be outfitted with sidearms. This is unprecedented for Canada and is strictly related to the escalating security protocols enforced in the US. The Toronto police chief is recommending against it, which kind of shows that Canada still has feet planted in the pre-Orwellian world.

One thing to keep in mind; when the American 21st century civil war breaks out, people on both sides of the conflict will be fighting, initially, not for freedom and not because they support law and order and government control, but because some unforseen or secretly planned misstep cost a personal friend his life, either cop, soldier or citizen.

Unannounced drills of this kind could easily lead to such a situation arising.
edit on 28-1-2013 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sly1one
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I don't know if they are trying to desensitize people to this or what...and if so why? Its a BIG step to start conducting these exercises over major cities...it takes some brass ones to make that decision and accept all the potential liability behind it...

won't be long before some kind of mishap or accident turns everyone's eye to the "necessity" of this...accidentally loading live rounds instead of blanks...or just a black hawk crash into one of those large buildings. People will start asking how necessary it is to do these training exercises over a mass population...

and since when was the military in need of training for metropolis areas? They plan on invading/defending/patrolling a major city anytime soon?

It looks odd, sounds odd, and feels....odd to me...

mishaps indeed, just curious how long it will be until someone thinks they are firing for real and returns fire. lol

Originally posted by ipsedixit
If this kind of thing happened in Canada there would be hell to pay in Parliament and people's heads would roll. The idea that a military "drill" of this sort would be conducted over a major urban area is beyond belief.

Incidentally under US pressure customs officers at the Toronto Island airport involved in preclearance for US bound travellers might be outfitted with sidearms. This is unprecedented for Canada and is strictly related to the escalating security protocols enforced in the US. The Toronto police chief is recommending against it, which kind of shows that Canada still has feet planted in the pre-Orwellian world.

edit on 28-1-2013 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

yes you guys up north still have one toe in the pre orwellian world, but it wont last any longer then any other global bank owned government.
edit on 28-1-2013 by LittleBlackEagle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by sean
After all that has been going on with shootings and gun bans, they do a exercise drill shooting blanks from a helicopter over the population. Last time I heard discharge of a firearm in city limits is a against the law. Time to call the Sheriffs department.

Here is the Florida State Statute that was violated...

790.15 Discharging firearm in public.—
(1) Except as provided in subsection (2) or subsection (3), any person who knowingly discharges a firearm in any public place or on the right-of-way of any paved public road, highway, or street or whosoever knowingly discharges any firearm over the right-of-way of any paved public road, highway, or street or over any occupied premises is guilty of a misdemeanor of the first degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082 or s. 775.083. This section does not apply to a person lawfully defending life or property or performing official duties requiring the discharge of a firearm or to a person discharging a firearm on public roads or properties expressly approved for hunting by the Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission or Division of Forestry.

Notice, it doesn't say anything about actual bullets, and doesn't seem to identify "training excercises" as being excluded. And, last time I checked, scaring the crap out of US citizens, isn't in the job description defining "official duties" for the military. Is it?

It's actually kind of prophetic, with the term "over the roadway".....LOL

But, in all seriousness, this kind of thing isn't necessarily unusual for Floridians, as we have regular occurances like this. With all of the Movies that are shot in our many exotic locations. Heck, when Miami Vice was being filmed for all those years, there were constant road closings and pyrotechnics that could be seen by half of Dade County!

Plus, some parts of the area have CONSTANT gunfire, due to all of the gangs and crime that is prevalent in some neighborhoods. Even the cops, that patrol these areas, look like they're ready for war, as their "uniform" more closely resembles FBR, or full battle rattle!

GF~

edit on 1/28/2013 by GoOfYFoOt because: added paragraph

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Having a military drill in a major urban area complete with the firing of blank ammunition from helicopters, really amounts to shaking one's fists in the faces of the citizenry. It is sending a message.

There is absolutely no other reason for firing weapons with blank ammunition in such an exercise.

Doing what amounts to joyriding with attack helicopters over an urban area is bad enough, considering the risks involved in that sort of flying anyway. It would never be allowed over Toronto. It's too dangerous.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 09:10 AM
link   
This is way too creepy to me.

If you think the US military won't turn on us, then you need to rethink your position. People will do anything for money and power. Plus humans are conditioned to obey authority. Check the Milgram experiment. And just look at the Civil War.
edit on 28-1-2013 by WaterBottle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 10:02 AM
link   
This is disturbing a good reason to not give up our gun bearing rights.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I've been thinking more about this and I think there is a question we need to try our best to answer...
Conditioning of population to military presence has been an established part of the motive but Miami being a consistent target of these police/military drills and exercises is still a bit of a mystery to me.

WHY Miami???

Theories:
-Some have theorized Miami may have "similar" characteristics of the "target" area they are "training for" most specifically metropolitan type of area with large buildings and busy highways. (Iran? etc..)
-logistical location relative to spec ops headquarters in the Florida Area
-Miami PD is the most willing to allow and assist in such exercises

anyone have any other ideas of why Miami seems to to be the hot-spot for this type of activity that is setting a precedent even though the media is trying to claim its "routine"????..(which its anything but)

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   
This is totally insane!

And that comes from ex-soldier

This training would be banned even in heavy communism. And I lived in it.

Once I wanted to live in USA, now I'm not so sure. I love my banana republic when i see this

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Sly1one

I'd add another to your list for why Miami and why Los Angeles on the other coast.

In addition to Florida holding the facilities for Central Command / Joint Special Operations Command as I understand it...it has something else that is shared with L.A.

Due to it's geographic location and the vagaries of the international contraband trade, South Florida and Southern California have become the base for much of the civilian law enforcement infrastructure like is found almost nowhere else in the nation. That's been true for over 25 years now at least. I'm guessing whatever they don't bring with them is available in fully appointed facilities for the interdiction efforts of the Coast Guard, ICE, DEA and others. So, they don't even have to bring everything with, if it's not convenient.

A place like Kansas City or Boise, Idaho would probably require them bring EVERYTHING they would want or need for a major training event like this. Right down to the ammo and little things. Metro-Dade facilities already in place make all that optional, IMO. That's one possibility.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I'd say they're training for southern US cities...

One day you will walk outside to a tank on main street and soldiers in combat gear with assault rifles eating breakfast in the cafe next to you.

Choppers will fly over head on the look out for 'domestic terrorists'. Automatic Gun fire will ring in the distance from some unknown gunfight with the 'domestic terrorists' or 'Right wing extremists'.

This is normalization..

We get black hawks flying low and fast over urban areas of Sydney. Really loud.. Its not a good idea IMO because of the chance of it crashing into a sky scraper or busy area. They don't fire blanks though which is nice. Sometimes some dudes rapel or what not.. but thats about it.

Apec sumit here was hectic though.. snipers on the tops of sky scrapers, entire bit of the city cordoned of, cops in combat gear everywhere and road blocks.. nuts.

Agree too that its not a good thing to be putting the public on edge.

I guess it 'reminds us that we're in a war on terror'.

People say we never used to see these drills until the last few years.. that's because there was no war on terror.

-Perhaps this is the reason for assault rifle ban? I don't know anything about guns.. but I assume you could hurt a helicopter with an AR15, where is it would be a lot harder with a lesser gun.. ?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join