It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Machine Gun fire from Military Helicopters over Florida

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Exercises, buying weapons and munitions and new agency's. It's all about spending and creating jobs. That is all.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I believe it's well PAST time that some state Senators and Reps call for hearings on this garbage. It's hard to explain to the younger folks now but it wasn't that long ago where military training outside of MILITARY BASES was relegated to ranges distant from any people. They were neither seen nor heard and simply heard ABOUT from time to time in reminding us our military was still there and up to anything asked of it.

Gotta wonder though, what all this urban combat training is about. I doubt its got anything to do with the M.E. now. Perhaps theyre preparing for action on our own soil? Getting the "lay of the land" in the big cities on where they can institute quarantine zones and msrtial law? Us older folks see these things and it is alarming.
edit on 27-1-2013 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
reply to post by CosmicCitizen

There is a little glitch to that... Posse Comitatus. These didn't look like National Guard to me. Those look like Federal Active Duty Troops.

Looking at the silhouettes of the choppers tells me that they are definitely SOCOM birds. The re-fueling probes on the MH-60's and the Little Birds combined = TF 160.

These aviators are the best of the best and support the best of the best ground troops.

But I have to wonder. Why do they keep training over Florida cities?

I have my suspicions and none are good. But at the same time, there is a saying;

It’s better to bleed in training than to bleed in war.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

160th... Same unit who flew in the battle of Mogadishu for Delta. Thats where I recall that unit designation from. They also got shanghai'ed into flying the helicopters for the movie according to a behind the scenes on it. Indeed.. the best of the best is exactly what I've heard.

Now that raises a very different question if your call is right...especially with the firing that seems just over-the-top to the point of outlandish?!

When these guys train like this... High intensity and on something real specific where it's going well out of their way or trouble to do it (Like the middle of Miami for half the nation to speculate about and feel nervous with) aren't they generally training for something specific? I don't mean..urban operations specific...but EXTREMELY specific? Now I'm really curious but wonder if speculation openly is a good idea beyond this?

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   

MacDill is in Tampa (SOCOM HQ), so it may be a logistical thing. Maybe the MOUT sites are no good for the training of these guys. I have never seen skyscrapers at any MOUT site.

When it comes to training for any type of situation, at some point you have to get as real as possible. You just can't do that on a base.

But what are they training for? A Chuck Norris "Invasion USA" scenario?

Hell...if that's the case, just send in Chuck, he'll take care of it.

edit on 27-1-2013 by TDawgRex because: ahh nevermind

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   

No... what crossed my mind when you said the unit was to wonder....if we (ATS members) had sufficient computer power and the local image storage to manage a true search within reasonable time frames...where else on Earth does that general layout for buildings, approach and end target exist and what is going on in each location, today, that might make sense to what was just seen for real-world training on the edge?

edit on 27-1-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 06:25 PM
link   

In previous footage, we saw people rappeling onto buildings. But not this time. That raises my eyebrows.

Press releases not with standing, just how many people actually read or hear these things?

Most people are listening to the latest hits on FM. I wonder if any accidents were caused by a Heli firing blanks over some ones head as they were driving home.

Whomever came up with this training exercise is a total jackwagon. Unless they managed to shut down the highways and put only role players there...which I highly doubt.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Sly1one

this is scary sh!t its more provacative hen anything els i mean what if some vet who had military grade arms saw this and was thinking it was an attack i mean some one could have gotten killed???? jesus and wheres the regulation on loud noises from city ordinance im mean wtf they just arnt the civilians laws ppl jesus FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC WTF MAN SERIOUSLY
edit on 27-1-2013 by GRS1234 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   

I'm thinking more and more toward some psy-op.

WHY use blank rounds or any rounds at all? Its a completely unnecessary aspect of the training for the "best of the best"...they know what its like to shoot a 50cal from a heli already im-sure...

testing target acq? Ok...still don't need to actually pop off blank rounds...you can still line up targets and dry fire...

actually popping off loud blank rounds from a 50cal from a helicopter flying low in the middle of a metropolis has ALL the hallmarks of psych-warfare...

to what end is what i'm having a hard time figuring out.

they trying to draw fire?
they testing to see if they WOULD draw fire?
testing the civilian response to such a scene?

The part of this that has me baffled is the open gunfire...blanks or not....it seems absolutely pointless for training purposes for them to actually be popping off blank 50cal rounds from a helicopter in downtown Miami...

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sly1one

I'm thinking more and more toward some psy-op.

WHY use blank rounds or any rounds at all? Its a completely unnecessary aspect of the training for the "best of the best"...they know what its like to shoot a 50cal from a heli already im-sure...

testing target acq? Ok...still don't need to actually pop off blank rounds...you can still line up targets and dry fire...

actually popping off loud blank rounds from a 50cal from a helicopter flying low in the middle of a metropolis has ALL the hallmarks of psych-warfare...

to what end is what i'm having a hard time figuring out.

they trying to draw fire?
they testing to see if they WOULD draw fire?
testing the civilian response to such a scene?

The part of this that has me baffled is the open gunfire...blanks or not....it seems absolutely pointless for training purposes for them to actually be popping off blank 50cal rounds from a helicopter in downtown Miami...

It does tend to lead to the conditioning side of things doesn’t it?

That would fit right in with a PSYOP campaign. Though that is supposed to be illegal on our own citizens.

I’m worried that those in charge are taking things a bit to far.

It's like they are taking a page out of Hollywood. Just for grins and giggles.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Sly1one

My first thought upon seeing this is, what if they would have caused a wreck on that freeway? The idiocy.

Second thought..... get ready. Cause this is what it's going to look like here in the near future. There is no reason to be running these drills on civilian land if they weren't preparing for something big.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by jaynkeel
reply to post by severdsoul

Whats that old Doors song, Five to one.

One in five! No one here gets out alive NOW! You get yours baby, I'll get mine. Gonna make it baby if we try...

Love me The Doors. RIP Jimmy boy.

But to the topic at hand. This is of course very disturbing news and I agree with every poster who says this type of drill is only meant to do one thing and that's to desensitized the public. The writing is on the wall and this criminal tyrannical Gov't is clearly up to no good and they are also pushing their agendas faster and faster. With the recent push for increase gun control laws, possible gun confiscation, I could see why this criminal Gov't would want our military being their errand boys/goon squad.

Storms a brewin...

I did some searching and found an article by the news outlet who we saw report on this in the OP. According to them we have nothing to worry about because these boys are only testing out their equipment to make sure it works .............................................................................(MOAR DOTS!)

Totally makes sense the police would be apart of these drills just to make sure the military's equipment works

Military conducts training exercises in Miami

www.wsvn.com...

01/24/13

MIAMI (WSVN) -- This is only a drill.

Black Hawk choppers soared into the skies in downtown Miami, Wednesday night. The joint military training exercise also involved local police.

In the shadow of the Adrienne Arsht Center, several police cruisers crossed Biscayne Boulevard, presumably as part of the drill. Police have blocked off traffic on Biscayne Boulevard, although this measure might be related to the Miami Heat game about to finish at the American Airlines Arena.

The exercises, which began Tuesday night, are being executed to meet requirements, which include upcoming overseas missions and ensuring their equipment is in good working order.

Miami residents up on the balconies overlooking downtown Miami have been making amateur videos and posting them on YouTube. Tuesday night one of these videos showed the military helicopters flying over 395, right by the Miami Herald Building.

The amateur footage, shot by Atlanta resident Josh Epperson, also captured the sound of blank rounds being fired. In town for work, Epperson admitted he had no idea what was happening when he filmed the footage. "I heard the machine gun fire and then I hit the deck," he said. "I didn't know what to expect, and it was one of the loudest things I'd ever heard."

Additional training exercises have been taking place across Miami-Dade County. Police have been vague about specific locations and how long the drills will continue. They say public safety is their top priority, which is why the exercises are being held at night.

Remember, if you see news happening and can do so safely, take a picture or shoot video and send it to: [email protected].

Read more: www.wsvn.com...

I found another article from CBS local. I guess this came out before the training....

Military Helicopters To Buzz Over Area For Training Exercise

miami.cbslocal.com...

MIAMI-DADE (CBSMiami) – There’s no need to worry about those military helicopters buzzing through your neighborhood. It’s probably a military training exercise.

Oh phewwww... no need to worry guys.

Miami-Dade police sent out a warning Monday that multiple police agencies would be providing support for a joint military training exercise somewhere over Miami and elsewhere in the county. The exercise will include the use of military helicopters, CBS4 news partner The Miami Herald reports.

When and where will this happen? Police didn’t say.

The police statement said the training locations and times “were carefully selected to minimize negatively impacting the citizens of the City of Miami/Miami-Dade County and their daily routines.

But it also acknowledged that there would be some impact on residents.

Ohhhh so shooting blanks from .50 cals from gunships is all good and would in no way negatively impact citizens but there would be some impact on residents. Gotcha. Please go on..

“This is routine training conducted by military personnel designed to ensure the military’s ability to operate in urban environments, prepare forces for upcoming overseas deployments, and meet mandatory training certification requirement,” the police statement said.

This isn’t the first time such training has been done in Miami. In April 2011, military helicopters buzzed through Brickell, leading to sleepless nights for some people and a lot of griping on social media about it.

Again, no need to worry guys, its totally routine! The last time it apparently happened was almost a year ago. Totally routine and totally needed to totally test out their awesome equipment.

Yeah I'm totally this stupid.
edit on 27-1-2013 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Helicopters practicing highway strafing runs over a highly populated city.

What is wrong with this picture?

Everything.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 09:53 PM
link   
It sure doesn't feel like a nation led by a Nobel Peace Prize winner, does it? I don't think this is quite what the committee was hoping when they bestowed the award on our President.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 10:11 PM
link   
And what blows my mind about this is, they can come out and make a show of force like this, then tell everyone in America we shouldn't have guns.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Hey, funny thing, while posting this on another forum I love I was called paranoid for thinking this was out the norm. A poster tells me this happens all the time in LA and I should google it. So I did and guess what I find? I found an article from CBS local that is identical to the one I posted just above. Apparently LA had the same "drill" this time last year.

LAPD: Joint Military Drills In Downtown LA Won’t Disrupt Public’s ‘Daily Routines’

losangeles.cbslocal.com...

January 24, 2012

LOS ANGELES (CBS) — If you notice a heavy military presence around downtown Los Angeles this week, don’t be alarmed — it’s only a drill.

Joint military training exercises will be held evenings through Thursday, according to the Los Angeles Police Department.

The LAPD will be providing support for the exercises, which will also be held in other portions of the greater Los Angeles area, police said.

Training sites “have been carefully selected to ensure the event does not negatively impact the citizens of Los Angeles and their daily routine,” a department official said.

The training, which a department official said would involve helicopters, has been coordinated with local authorities and owners of the
training sites, police said.

Police said safety precautions have been taken to prevent risk to the general public and military personnel involved.

The exercises are closed to the public, police said.

The exercises are designed to ensure the military’s ability to operate in urban environments, prepare forces for upcoming overseas deployments, and meet mandatory training certification requirements, police said.

I wonder if they fired blanks from their .50 cals last year?

edit on 27-1-2013 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Where are they practicing for?
And where in current active theaters are there buildings taller than 15 stories that would warrant this need?
Just saying.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 11:15 PM
link   
China. Pudong District training maybe?
edit on 27-1-2013 by GeisterFahrer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by paratus
Where are they practicing for?
And where in current active theaters are there buildings taller than 15 stories that would warrant this need?
Just saying.

That`s exactly what I was thinking they must be planning on attacking someone who has cities and terrain similar to what is in florida.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

I believe it's well PAST time that some state Senators and Reps call for hearings on this garbage. It's hard to explain to the younger folks now but it wasn't that long ago where military training outside of MILITARY BASES was relegated to ranges distant from any people. They were neither seen nor heard and simply heard ABOUT from time to time in reminding us our military was still there and up to anything asked of it.

Gotta wonder though, what all this urban combat training is about. I doubt its got anything to do with the M.E. now. Perhaps theyre preparing for action on our own soil? Getting the "lay of the land" in the big cities on where they can institute quarantine zones and msrtial law? Us older folks see these things and it is alarming.
edit on 27-1-2013 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

I know you're just putting this out there as a what if.. but, they wouldn't need to get the 'lay of the land' using a chopper, they already have 'sats' for that ..thus it makes no sense to use choppers if this was remotely even true

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join