It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The real Dracula viewed as a Hero

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 07:43 AM
link   
This is a nice video about the research done into the origins of Dracula .

The researchers refuse to stay there . Also it has the descendants of those who fought with Dracula speaking.

It is claimed that he ate amoungst the dieing corprses.
www.youtube.com...

[yvid]9,406[/yvid
edit on 27-1-2013 by FreedomEntered because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by FreedomEntered

Here you go.

You just copy this part "rR5b0zqTI3c" into the Vid:youtube tool.

I always enjoy hearing stuff about Dracula.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by watchitburn

Ah ,Thanks. Yes me too .

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by FreedomEntered

I like that the documentary attempts to go into the propaganda regarding King George and Dracula's own exploits. Always makes one wonder about the motives of the organization spreading said propaganda.

to be apart of the Order of the Dragon, Dracula's father had to be Catholic. Meaning Dracula (main meaning son of dragon) was most likely Catholic as well.

Order of the Dragon = catholic

Yet the dragon = the devil according to the bible.

I see an interesting contradiction there.

Son of the Dragon (Dracula)'s Religion

edit on 27-1-2013 by ThinkingCap because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Yep, and the renewal of the celebration of Dracula which they said was done to increase revenue and tourism to the country. But the president of the country found nothing " odd" about holding him up as someone who is worthy of admiration and pride. Really shows you how the Monarchy works. They also mentioned that his behaviour was normal for Monarchs of his time. But I think his " Ego " was perhaps on an unusual level. Like Dracula showed a real enjoyment of his cruel activities whereas , other monarchs just kept it maybe on the down low.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 08:32 AM
link   
This is a very interesting read, might shed some light (lucifer pun) on the "situation".

It is little known the man on whom Bram Stoker based his Dracula character, Vlad Tepes III, was Eastern Europe's greatest defender of the Christian faith. Born in 1431, in the central Romanian town of Sighisoara, Vlad spent much of his childhood in a Turkish prison as a hostage of Sultan Murad II (1421-51).
In 1448, Vlad was installed by the Turks on his father's throne in Wallachia, Romania in the hope he would serve as their puppet prince. But Vlad was a committed Christian and, like his father, a member of the Order of the Dragon, a fraternity of knights dedicated to fighting the Muslim or Ottoman Turks.
In 1431, Vlad's father, Vlad II (1436-42) was invested with the Order of the Dragon by the Holy Roman Emperor Sigismund of Luxembourg (1411-33). Its emblem was a dragon, with wings extended, hanging on a cross. On joining the order, Vlad II received the name dracul which, in Romanian, means "dragon" or "devil".
On the death of his father in 1447, Vlad III inherited the epithet dracula, meaning "son of the devil" ... Thus the Dracula name was born ...

In later years, the Romanian peasants no doubt would have wondered why Vlad Dracula carried a shield depicting a dragon as he rode into battle. It is not known how many people outside Dracula's court knew of his affiliations with the Order of the Dragon. Nor is it known how many peasants would have known about the order's role within the Roman Catholic Church. Few would have realised that, to Vlad Dracula's order, the dragon symbolised Christ's conquest of Satan by his death and resurrection. To the simple peasants, most of whom were members of the Eastern Orthodox Church, the dragon meant one thing. The devil ...

Dracula Was a Christian
edit on 27-1-2013 by ThinkingCap because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Infact the Dracula written about and in novels is a much gentler version than Vlad was.
Well yes they claimed to be Christians, but I dont think Vlad would " turn the other cheek" .

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 08:57 AM
link   
in our wonderfull reality if you kill some one you are a murderer

if you kill a few you are a serial killer,
than they make a movie

if you kill thousens then you become a hero
and a legend

if you kill them all you become like god

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by mkkkay

Frightening. Trying to figure my fave Dracula film, I still love think Chrisopher lee depicted the evil aristocracy with some skill. He played Dracula seven times.
edit on 27-1-2013 by FreedomEntered because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   
There was a T.V. movie that came out back in 2000 called Dark Prince: The True Story of Dracula. It dealt with the real Vlad Tepes III, It was a pretty good movie until the end. Where they try and connect the Dracula Myth with the actual man. Regardless of how devoted he was to christianity, imagine being raised and tortured along with your younger.brother for years. While your younger brother was brainwashed into joining your captors. There are storys of him drink the blood of his victims, but I think it was exaggerated from the stories of him dining while watching the people he had impaled slowly die. There is also a story of the Turkish Sultan marching with an army of 100,000 to Walachia, before they got there, they came upon a "forrest" of 20,000 impaled, dead or dieing men. They quickly turned around and headed home. Also its rumored that a golden chalice was placed in the town square at the watering fountain, that no one dared to steal, it was there for all to use. Vlad did it to show how his laws and forms of punishment were working. His wife died when a turkish archer shot an arrow with a message threw her window l, saying her husband was dead. She then threw herself out the window to the river below, but Vlad was still alive. It seems to me anyone raised like him would probably turn out the same way, if not worse.

Sorry for all the mistakes. I'm too lazy to correct.
edit on 27-1-2013 by geldib because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-1-2013 by geldib because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by geldib

Ha, its Okay. I dont think they are myths, I thinks its quite believeable that Vlad would do such things. Ah, Okay Ive not seen the documentary that says he was tortured as a child. May have altered his brain slightly. Maybe he had become so disconnected to torture that to eat around dead/dying victims was possible. Still, ewww though!

I mean King Henri of the UK , chopped his ex wives heads off for not giving him boys. So I think its quite possible that other such ruthless behaviours existed.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 04:08 AM
link   
Here is wikipedias entry on his imprisonment.
" Vlad II also sent his two legitimate sons, Vlad and Radu, to the Ottoman
court, to serve as hostages of his loyalty. Radu converted to Islam,
entered the service of Sultan Murad II 's son, Mehmed II (later known as
the Conqueror), and was allowed into the Topkapı Palace . Radu was also
honored by the title Bey and was given command of the Janissary
contingents."
So not only was he imprisoned by his enemy, but his father sent him to be imprisoned as a pawn. His father wouldn't be a threat with his two sons imprisoned with the enemy. Imagine not trusting anyone, not even your closest family. That had to suck. Its also been insinuated that his younger brother was perhaps a lover or atleast a confidant to the turkish sultan.
On a side note. Back around 1990 or 91, I went to a exhibit called Splendors of the Ottoman Sultans, in Memphis, TN. It had some awesome works of art. I specifically remember a gold and jewel handled dagger with a huge ruby on the hilt. It was the Sultans personal dagger.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 05:45 AM
link   
reply to post by geldib

Yes I saw this tele-movie, it was very insightful on how he came to be the person everyone remembers.

top topics

join