It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I think we're being turned against one another.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 02:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Bilk22

Amen to that brother.....

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 03:34 AM
link   

edit on 28-1-2013 by MajorKarma because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 03:36 AM
link   
S+F OP, there is alot of wisdom in your words. People disagree, that is life, but I still have much love for you all even if we disagree. It seems to be a case of divisions on a much broader scale in my thinking. Smaller groups of people divided are more easily subjugated, because nobody really cares if it isn't currently happening to them. The dividing is along a whole lot more lines than just gun rights as well, that is just one facet of the dividing that is going on. No matter what we believe in the end result is we need to believe in each other and our abilities to deal with our own problems.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 05:10 AM
link   
I agree with the premise of the OP and the sentiments expressed. However, I think too that a divided society/nation/world is inevitable and not (just) a product of governments attempting to divide us.

Take any issue you like and you will find several (at least) different points of view. People will always disagree. The problem then becomes; how do we ever reach a decision on what direction to take? What policy is best? What is the fairest way to proceed? (and this problem becomes much greater the bigger the numbers we're talking about: I.e. national scale as opposed to local, world scale as opposed to national)

Imagine that we somehow got rid of the current status quo (let's not worry about the how at the moment). What do we replace it with? How do we get the opinions of all and arrive at a consensus and devise policies or courses of action that are fair and just? Well, cut a long story short, we end up with the same system we have now.... We elect spokespersons to put our points of view across at some kind of council and then enact policies that best reflect the majority opinion.

Problem is, the majority opinion may well alienate 49% of the population (or more if there are multiple options). Then, inevitably, there will be those who will not accept that and will move to change things through other means. Of this group there will always be those who hold more extreme beliefs and are prepared to take extreme action to achieve their goals....

The only way we can ever have a truly united world is if we do away with free thought and have a world of cardboard cut out, automatons that all think/believe the same way. Otherwise disharmony, disagreement and division will always remain....

That, or we all suddenly and spontaneously evolve into spirit beings and live happily ever after...
edit on 28-1-2013 by Milkflavour because: Spelling and formatting

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 05:23 AM
link   

you can deny the truth as much as you want. The masses are infected with multiple mind control and population control on a genetic level as well as within our society and cultures. Take a look around. Do you think your nabour, your lover your boss or anyone else you know will be completely clear of all of these influences? No.

You people, always asking question to things we simply can't just *fix" its not going to happen.
Im sorry to say, but not everyone on this earth is meant to be co-operative nor are we all bred to work together.

on the contrary, we have cultural prodigious built into history books as well as religion, so on and so forth. Look. Im not going to sugar coat it. not at all. We have been genetically modified by a race of energy beings that long ago destroyed atlantis. Since then, the remaining viruses from atlantis created by the aliens have lived on within the survivors. And thus the generations if viral shedding through the generations of families has caused mutations. Such mutations are prized among the aliens, Now coming back to why everyone is so retarded.

You got parasites, mind numbing TV advertisments, dirty electricty, years of hate doc trains and a majority that is unware of their own blood type. sign. And so the aliens carry out their continued plan to dominate us completely. and we are stuck here fighting about fighting with each other.
And you wonder why my comments sound so negative. Im sorry. But its a truth you are all going to have to face. Not everyone is special, and the aliens made sure of that. Its gunna take some hardcore rewiring to go against that recces brain. Good luck fighting the inherited mind control, i know some of you are doing fairly well.
edit on 28-1-2013 by CrypticSouthpaw because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 06:16 AM
link   
reply to post by samerulesapply

UNITED, we shall stand, walking forward arm in arm, fighting for the rights of all, not just a financial arena, but all humanity.

DIVIDED, we shall fall, this is why there is a division going on and has been going on for many years. We have been blinded but are now awaking from that illusion of division. It is now time to pull together and stand up for the truth, the true justice and for everyone's rights.

I am not one of those nuts, nor do I have a hidden agenda, I am just a person whom wonders when people will wake up and stand up before it is too late.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 06:31 AM
link   
reply to post by TheLightKeeper

rewriting the dna of the masses and ridding them of parasites will be the first step. Without it. Il still think people like you will be far to few to dissuade the impending doom that inevitably will happen. Unless of course, people like you do something dramatic with the few numbers available.

alas i have utopian ideals too. But the truth is, we aren't exactly being held down by just humans. And the greed is not an excuse, people are backed by ulterior motives. The population control and the dumbing down of the masses. the neglect to release cures can all be blamed on a system economy designed to keep us thinking about the economy. In all truth, you will never be free. Government or not.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 06:35 AM
link   
The Uber rich who caused the global financial meltdown are paying the lesser super rich to convince the middle classes that the poor are to blame for all our ills......

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 07:49 AM
link   

"For the people of this world to win we must be united under a common rule of some kind, not tyrannical, but we need to come together in some way, how can we unite the world and all of humanity and build a better world for future generations even if we were to revolt and win? We'd only continue fighting among ourselves because we're brainwashed and intolerant. "

I don't think we can do it by ourselves otherwise how could we trust the makers of the rules? If we put our trust in the same people who got us in this mess to begin with, how can we ever trust them? So we pick new leaders- what makes us sure they won't abuse their power?

This is why I hope aliens show themselves and give us little ipad thingies that are basically a genie in a bottle and can grant you prettymuch any wish you desire with one exception- you can not hurt or impose your will on anyone who chooses not to be. (I'll bet aliens are Libertarians.) And I don't just mean Americans or Brits will get them. EVERYBODY in the world gets one. Now every person has the ability to have food, clean water, shelter, health care, education, a chance for personal self-actualization, you name it. This planet can sustain much more population if we get off the current energy paradigm and move to zero-point, which is ubiquitous, free (just have to make the machines that utilize it) and most important non-polluting. This way our activities would not impact the biosphere and we could get on with our business as a sentient race and start exploring our universe. The Sumerians talked about "tablet of destinies" and "MEs" which sound like technological devices, maybe that's what we need. Something to free us from needing to be controlled- that allows us to be self-sustaining and free minded as individuals and not loyal subjects.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Milkflavour
The only way we can ever have a truly united world is if we do away with free thought and have a world of cardboard cut out, automatons that all think/believe the same way. Otherwise disharmony, disagreement and division will always remain....

That, or we all suddenly and spontaneously evolve into spirit beings and live happily ever after...

I don't think we can look at any other kind of world as long as we talk in terms of the current energy paradigm. Nothing will be able to change as long as we continue to use fossil fuels and create radioactive toxins and toxic by-products. We need the kind of technological leap that will get us out of this stalemate that can not only clean up the mess but remove pollution completely from the equation. We want to do better, we just can't do it when there is centralized power. We need help to survive as a species and that's because (I believe) we aren't really natives to this planet in the sense that we never really had a niche and everything else sure does so why don't we? But anyway, I just don't get why the aliens would let us get away with the level of impact we are having on our biosphere. That's where I tend to question their intentions or apparent lack of concerns on the subject.

Maybe instead of totally evaporating into a spirit being we can just bump it up to a more technologically advanced species? One that doesn't leave any kind of footprint where ever it goes? We can all have our own little piece of advanced technology like a Jetsons UFO that provides everything we need and keeps people from violating other peoples' lives with a built in libertarian operating system. If we were all guaranteed the ability to be free from harm (and at the same time restricted from harming anyone else) and have all our physical sustenance provided for along with the ability to zoom over to Europe in my ufo and watch a symphony and then cook fish on a fire on the beach at some deserted island I found on google earth that evening, it would free mankind of envy, greed, gluttony, you know all those deadly sins that are symptomatic of the current paradigm.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 08:59 AM
link   
There are lots of things are considered black or white, Gay rights,abortion,republican- democrat,conservative-liberal,Gun-antigun. All these unsolvable issues causes all to fight amongst ourselves while the bankster or whoever carry on what they are doing unnoticed.
cognitive distortion(black and white thinking) hurts all of us there is no middle ground. We all fall into it here is a few words to try and think of the middle word the last few get harder

1. black and white
2. large and small
3. up and down
4. left and right
5. fast and slow
6. easy and hard
7. young and old
8. loud and quiet
9. good and bad
10. near and far
11. pass and fail
12. happy and sad
13. clean and dirty
14. shy and outgoing
15. calm and anxious

The first one is easy black and white you think grey. I think we become lazy to describe that we are actually in the middle of alot of things or we dont have the vocabulary so we are one or the other.
If you listen to Piers Morgan he is less guns not anti-gun. Where Ted Nugent is just about guns not more but it is all painted as one way or there other in the media on both sides. They are coming for our guns meaning all of them when they say just the assault rifles they are after. Then again it is a slippery slope ,give an inch they take a mile sort of thing. It is the old when pigs will fly when this is resolved.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Samerulesapply: You must be inside my head because I have been spouting this for a while now. I just recently joined ATS and I, the same as you, still search for truth and enlightenment. I commend you for your honesty and pray that more people like us will reach a common ground. I am very frustrated about where the world is now and pray for togetherness.

In my opinion, the old ways have been discarded for greed, treachery, intolerance, and deception. I often try to visualize the human race as a collective of great minds trying to figure out the problems in the world as one cohesive unit but have come to the conclusion that constant bickering and division will hold us back.

One thing that is a constant thorn are those individuals that feel that they are better than everyone else and that everyone else is expendable. No one person is better than anyone else! This is the first lesson that needs to be learned. Then there is the "Golden Rule"; treat everyone the way you would want to be treated. This concept has also been lost. Nowadays its, every man for himself and to hell with everyone else. WE CANNOT CONTINUE LIKE THIS! Something has got to give.

I could talk to someone like you for hours and hope that someday we may meet. Unfortunately, there are very few people, save one, that I can communicate on this level with but I sincerely hope that now there are two. You have restored my faith in humanity and I hope that many more people will open their eyes. Keep up the good work. A

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Snf for you OP!

The arguing on here is getting quite old, and I couldn't agree with you more. Thanks for the positive post!

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
SnF For a well written, concise essay.

You are correct in that politicians don't wish to see us united.

We are more easier managed when we are bickering at each other.

Indeed....."Divide and conquer" appears to be the modus operandi.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   
once this world realizes that we are in a universe filled with other life, then a galactic reality will arise, we are earth born humans, that is how we will unite!!! babylon is trying their best to keep us from this knowledge but they cannot hold this illusion anymore, the veil has been broken...

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Good thread I agree with the OP every word and I am glad more people seem to be realizing that and could you imagine how much awsome stuff we could do if actually got our crap together as a species! Colonizing space and speading our seed is about the smartest thing we could ever do to ensure our survival but to do that we need to learn how to cooperate better.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tecumte

People seem to be in survival mode now though, hunkering down and preparing to try and ride out the storm, and it's like a band of insane drunken pirates has taken over the ship, it makes it hard to think about how to move forward at the same time. It really feels like America is under attack. To retain any sanity, I see people withdrawing as much as possible from the insanity of The Machine, and realizing they are only as 'free' as they are not dependent on it for survival.

hate to tell you, but the "bunker" and survivor" mentality was here during the 60's...the threat of nuclear war from russia over the cuban missle crisis, the vietnam war killing thousands of americans a year, race riots, etc....
bunker, food hoarders, gun buying were all the rage back then too.
"fear" is used in many ways, for many reasons.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by celticdog

1. black and white
2. large and small
3. up and down
4. left and right
5. fast and slow
6. easy and hard
7. young and old
8. loud and quiet
9. good and bad
10. near and far
11. pass and fail
12. happy and sad
13. clean and dirty
14. shy and outgoing
15. calm and anxious

Most of them remind me of Bob Dylan, Stuck in the Middle With You.

2nd
edit on 28-1-2013 by frazzle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by frazzle
reply to post by celticdog

1. black and white
2. large and small
3. up and down
4. left and right
5. fast and slow
6. easy and hard
7. young and old
8. loud and quiet
9. good and bad
10. near and far
11. pass and fail
12. happy and sad
13. clean and dirty
14. shy and outgoing
15. calm and anxious

Most of them remind me of Bob Dylan, Stuck in the Middle With You.

2nd
edit on 28-1-2013 by frazzle because: (no reason given)

Dont you mean Gerry Rafferty...

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Soloprotocol

Whoever.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join