It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I think we're being turned against one another.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+58 more 
posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 07:26 AM
link   
The evidence is right here on ATS...every day there's a new thread about guns, and if you ask me it's mostly UK and US patrons bickering about who's right and who isn't.

We're allowing this to happen, happily and blindly being led into debates that end in name calling and animosity, and I think it's being engineered and pushed by certain individuals who want to see us divided, and I wonder why.

I've no intention of fighting humanity, I'm not british I'm a human being. The most important thing is tolerance.

On the UK side we've mostly an image of crazy redneck types armed to the teeth, yee-hawr-ing and shooting the place up, banging on about consitutional rights. And on the other side we've a handful of US citizens who believe all brits are posh speaking, bowler hat wearing polite cross dresses...yeah, I dress exactly like the bradford and bingley guys, bowler hat and cane.

Take about brainwashed, we're both wrong, and chucking these prejudices around just shows how divided we are.

A while ago I started a thread and stated that perhaps a one world government wouldn't be such a bad idea, I was shot down in flames because people assumed what I meant was we should roll over and let the current leaders rule the world, but not once did I say that. For us, as a species, to move forward and progress we need to all be singing from the same hymn sheet, or remain divided...we can't have both.

For the people of this world to win we must be united under a common rule of some kind, not tyrannical, but we need to come together in some way, how can we unite the world and all of humanity and build a better world for future generations even if we were to revolt and win? We'd only continue fighting among ourselves because we're brainwashed and intolerant.

If you think all americans are redneck cowboys who shoot everything up - you're brainwashed. If you think all brits are posh, bowler hat wearing, cane waving, sexually repressed cross dressers - you're brainwashed.

Giving into and accepting stupid prejudices is the product of mind manipulation, we need to let that crap go or we might aswell just give up.

There's a lot of smart people in the ATS community, I'm amazed at some of the things i've read and learned on here over the years...instead of arguing and fighting over who's right, who's country is better, shouldn't we start getting our heads together, put the nonsense aside and start talking about what we can do as a community that's actually productive?

It's a waste, it's a damn shame...we're all here to learn and understand yet we can't even dismiss the idiotic prejudices we harbour about one another.

I don't want to fight americans, or any nation of people, I want us to stand together and take our planet back, and when we finally get up off our lazy arses and do that, I want us to learn from history and not repeat it, but I just don't see it happening.

I have faith in humanity, I have faith that not everyone is corruptable, there are genuinely good people out there and even here on ATS, but blindsided abd duped into bickering and fighting when we should be coming together and working towards trying to change things.

Sorry to rant, was never intended as such...I just want people to realise that we are pandering to someone's agenda with all this in-fighting, it's not good for us. We need to unite against the common enemy we discuss on daily basis in these very forums.

I don't know any ATS'ers that well, never u2u'd anyone or attempted to befriend anyone or get close to them, but I trust some ATS patrons more so than I do the leaders of this nation. There are clever, rational people here, which is what I was touching on when I wrote the thread I mentioned earlier...I see lot's of clever people here who I'd sooner trust than any of the politicians or bankers, yet there's lottle or no focus and it's a sad waste...all I got was derided and called a shill - when nothing could be further from the truth. As a community, isn't it time we started to think and talk about what we do want for the future of this earth, instead of fixating on what we don't want?

I apologise if I was rude to anyone, recently...in fact I was, without a doubt, and felt ashamed afterwards and done some soul searching. I don't want to argue with people on ATS because I look to some of them to help me open my eyes on various issues, I've learned so much here and to some extent actually care about this community, I suppose most of us do. My thoughts and opinions are never set in stone. I'm happy to be proved wrong on any subject and my opinions are subject to change, I'm not the same man I was all those years ago before I first came to ATS looking to expand my mind and learn more about the world.

I hate how it's all changed in such a short space of time, sure, there was always trolling and arguing but it's a lot worse now than ever. I don't want to be continually drawn into these debates because I feel the need to defend the people of my nation, we're not all bad, neither are the americans, the polish, the french et al, we're brothers and sisters and need to learn to tolerate our differences or we're screwed.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 07:41 AM
link   
SnF For a well written, concise essay.

You are correct in that politicians don't wish to see us united.

We are more easier managed when we are bickering at each other.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Yes you are correct. It is called "Divide and Conquer" and it works quite well among smaller groups, on larger groups....well lets just say it takes a little longer, but it will work.

Jus' Sayin'

spez

S&F indeed.
edit on 27-1-2013 by SPEZNA1 because: no reason

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 07:42 AM
link   
S&F
Very open and honest and I do agree 100%. I had been sensing there is an underlying agenda somewhere that goes deeper than gun control. Sure there is the obvious and there are people for it and people against it, but it is subsequently dividing people and we're all divided to a certain degree, with different views and opinions and the various ways we express these, but this is literally making enemies of friends and family. Anyway to me personally it is not worth it (and I know someone will read much more into that and attack me) but I have my personal views as does everyone else and I'd rather give up everything I own including "rights" than to lose some of the people that mean more to me than material things. That is my personality and always has been...always will be. I look at it more this way...I'm FOR humanity and if that translates against guns or siding with government, then oh well. I'd much rather have peace as much as possible in my life than bicker and get my blood pumping and die of a heart attack too early, then say....well geeeeee was that worth it?

Excellent writing OP, loved it!

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

What a stupid reply! I intend to bicker with you now, come on, put up your dukes (I once said that in context to Mohandas Gandhi's grandson, walked up and said "Put up your dukes, Gandhi"), well I never, the idiocy of it all, let's take it outside, yeah, right now, the alley mister /removes coat/.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Amen, Brother!

Consider adding...."and it's working REALLY GOOD" to the title. (jk, title is fine)

It's even deeper than country vs. country, they're turning us against each other here (US) as well. I haven't seen 2 consecutive minutes of news, for over a month now, that didn't have something about gun control, 2A, school shootings, etc. and always with the "we have to do this for the children" theme playing along.

Remember Bush and his "You're either with us or against us!" ultimatum to the countries of the world just prior to launching us into perpetual war vs Islam?

It's like that with the whole gun control thing right now, and the underlying message is "You either hate guns or you're a baby killer"...with us or against us. There appears to be no middle ground.

The gas pedal is pushed all the way to the floor right now, the cliff must be near. God help us all!

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aleister
reply to post by beezzer

What a stupid reply! I intend to bicker with you now, come on, put up your dukes (I once said that in context to Mohandas Gandhi's grandson, walked up and said "Put up your dukes, Gandhi"), well I never, the idiocy of it all, let's take it outside, yeah, right now, the alley mister /removes coat/.

(while Aleister is taking off coat beezzer punches him n the nose and runs)

bickerbickerbickerbickerbickerbicker

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by SPEZNA1

True, it's a well known strategy, I think we've an advantage now though. The internet is an amazing tool and we can and are using it to our benefit, it's great that we can connect with and share ideas etc with people all around the world.

We can work together to ensure the antiquated divide and conquer technique is no longer effective, in order to do that we must be tolerant. We can start now by bonding rather than bickering and we win this round with pride.

I refuse to argue any more, I refuse to pander and insult my fellow man, ten years ago I would have lost it to the point I'd probably have been banned from ATS because I couldn't control my emotions, I don't want to be that guy any more. I almost reverted back to that a few weeks ago, I genuinely left ATS feeling upset, but mostly just ashamed that I let my emotions and prejudices determine my behaviour and my reactions.

I'm such a tool at times, we're all brainwashed to an extent, it doesn't make us bad people, but recognising it and working towards changing it is the way forward.

Thanks.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Well media platforms including the likes of ATS have 3 main purposes:

Investigative/research
Activism
Debate.

Due to the sheer size of ATS the majority of investigative journalism gets lost in the thousands of non-sense threads.

And as activism is barred on ATS - that leaves ATS as a largely debating, data mining platform.

ATS does have the capacity to create HUGE activism movements, unfortunately the owners wish to disregard/ignore this option.

Never mind aye - stay divided, stay conquered!

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Humans ruined it for themselves when they settled in one place and started farming. Eventually they had to defend themselves against other farming communities. That led to armies, armies led to control of said armies and control of the people. We have boxed ourselves in. The population of earth is too high to abolish control by government. If we were to start over we would get a similar result.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 07:58 AM
link   
I think one of the people who is right in there doing a damn good job of pitting us against one another is that Piers Morgan...he's doing a reasonably good job in spite of the fact that's he's neither well liked nor respected, yet he's there...sticking his oar in.

He should be sent home, he should be here in the UK speaking out against knife crime and the myriad of other social and economic issues that are damaging his native land.

He's an arrogant so-and-so and not a good representative for the british people.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by ObservingYou

I know what you mean, debate is healthy...hell even conflict to some extent can be healthy as long as it's resolved peacefully in the end.

I read the "why brits don't need guns" thread, and it descended into an argument about tea and biscuits...which is kinda funny I suppose but not healthy.

These are playground style arguments that serve only to drive the wedge further between us. As a young man I always considered the americans to be allies and brothers of ours, it pains me to see americans run down our people and so see our people run down our american cousins. There's a lot of animosity in it.

Even here in the UK, I'm scottish, if you say something an englishman doesn't like you're a kilt wearing, haggis eating, bagpipe playing idiot, hell - we can even further divide scotland into factions - edinburgh people are mean with money...glasgow folks like to cut one another on the face, etc...it's all a bit crazy.

I've more issues with the natives of my country than the natives from any other country...most wrongs I've had done by me were the result of a native being a tool.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by samerulesapply

The first thing that would help is to stop watching the daily divide and conquor indoctrination of the controlled press, with their so called 'left vs right, conservative vs liberal," labels and move past that to really looking at issues in their own light. The world needs and is ready for a New Vision and it can't be the one based on centuries old false flag directed history. But what can replace that?

edit on 27-1-2013 by Tecumte because: sp.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 08:24 AM
link   

While I disagree with any thought of a one world government I do see the divide and conquer strategy going on every day. We don't have to share one government to share a common cause, all we have to do is agree on what that cause is- a difficult thing to do when the MSM is doing their best to drill all of our differences into our heads every day.

As far as stereotyping others I find the thought amusing. I have several friends from the UK living and working full time in my area (Texas) and they have more firearms than I do (and wear cowboy hats- which I do not!). I think that stereotyping folks by where they come from is funny, because those who do so would be outraged if someone stereotyped them. People need to remember that we are all humans, and none of us are perfect. Differences are what makes life interesting.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Thank you OP, for a heartfelt and sincere statement. That's twice in the last 24 hours I've seen a glimmer of hope for our species.

Yes, the governments and administrators of our world are using divide and conquer tactics. And yes, they work very well, in a small group, and on the masses. But it's so much more than that. It's masked in layer upon layer masterfully. Groupthink, consensus reality, "newspeak", propaganda, and the dialectic, are all being used in concert to take this world in a direction the commoner doesn't want to go, but we have been deceived into giving our consent and consensus anyway.

S&F.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Tecumte

Great question, and one we should focus on.

When I started the afore-mentioned thread about a one world government I suppose that's pretty much the crux of what I was tryin to say, I don't think I worded it very well and it all went a bit pete tong.

Like I said earlier, I'd rather hear what you guys invisage a better world to be than hear it from some politician with an agenda. The message I got from most people in that thread was absolute power corrupts absolutely, and that's that.

Speaking for myself, I don't think absolute power would corrupt me, I don't think I'm a selfish or greedy person, I don't think all people are like that.

To me that thread left me feeling even more dejected, it was as if people had resigned to the notion that it is what it is and can't possibly ever be any better...as if humanity has truly lost faith in itself, which is an awful thought.

I refuse to believe that nobody is incorruptible, if I'm proved wrong about that I think I'd curl up into a ball and die of despair, I am finding it increasingly difficult to continue in this currentl situation.

I want more freedom, I want to be able to learn more, I'm a creative person but I've no energy...my life consists of working and sleeping...I feel as though I'm a prisoner, and the worst thing is that in the grand scheme of it all I'm probably far better off than most.

My entire life is consumed with it, it's not a life...I'm part of a machine and it's destroying my mind, it really is that bad and I don't know what to do any more.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 08:30 AM
link   
S&F Op. I don't think you need to apologize for ranting. You articulately stated a trend that is certainly occurring to the detriment of humanity. I have similar thoughts about this lately. Everything is presented as black and white. I live in Wisconsin, and the Dem v. Rep, Union v. Rep., governor recall, etc. completely divided my friends before my eyes. Many of them will not speak to each other anymore. Lifelong friends giving up. Sad, really.

I am personally making an effort to not get sucked into this "black and white" thinking, and have been for some time. I like the ATS community because the people here cover all spectrums and think in many different ways. God bless our individualism. It should be respected even if we don't agree.

As they say in the UK, Cheers
edit on 27-1-2013 by ibiubu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Yes, Divide and Conquer is correct. Keep the plebs dumbed down and suppressed so they never know that together they have ALL the power to make change. This way the elite rule the slaves and maintain that power over them.

None of it will change until enough numbers of plebs gather together to force the necessary changes. It probably won't happen anytime soon because we are all too busy bickering about opinions and personal senses of superiority.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 09:15 AM
link   

People seem to be in survival mode now though, hunkering down and preparing to try and ride out the storm, and it's like a band of insane drunken pirates has taken over the ship, it makes it hard to think about how to move forward at the same time. It really feels like America is under attack. To retain any sanity, I see people withdrawing as much as possible from the insanity of The Machine, and realizing they are only as 'free' as they are not dependent on it for survival.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Yes, I agree with your train of thought. The world is a small place, and it is inevitable that some common law will come into play if we want to keep the earth in a habitable state for future generations.

Some common laws that would be good are keeping business out of politics. This may be an almost impossible undertaking, but business is about making money. Governments should be about keeping peaceful relations among the constituents. In a sense one of the most important roles of government should be about regulating business so that it is not a detriment to nature or future generations of people. In that sense, the governments of the world have become impotent.

As a species we need to take a good look at how detrimental some of our creature comforts are to the environment, and look to the government for clear and wise decisions about these kinds of matters, on a global scale.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join