It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Holocaust Memorial Day to be marked

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by sirjunlegun
reply to post by Wirral Bagpuss

Lest we forget. I'd like to take a moment for us all to pause and remember those who were murdered by the Nazis in WW2, millions died due to racial and ideological beliefs. I have never visited any of the camps as I live too far away but I have read up on things and have personal reasons for doing so. 

Racial reasons? I don't think so. Ideological beliefs? You really need to think how ignorant that sounds. It sounds lkke a facade to mask pseudo intellectualism.
So was the blood shed over French & American Revolutions fought over ideology? How about constitutional law is it ideology?

You read about the holocaust or wwii for personal reasons? Ever read the documentary historian Anthony Sutton?

That war was fought over financial reasons.
edit on 27-1-2013 by sirjunlegun because: (no reason given)

I agree that economic factors provided the imepetus and means for the Nazis to rise to power when they did as Germany was broke after WW1 when they were unable to repay war bonds back. Much more indepth than that I know but thats the basic jist of things.

Racial beliefs, absolutely. The Nazis ascribed to a perfect Ayran Race. Not only were Jews gassed but also Gypsies (and those who were disabled too by the way).

And yes ideology was very much part of this. Hitler beleived in creating an Ayran Race as I have described and looked back into history for these beleifs.

As to my personal reasons, I am not prepared to discuss those. It is enough for people to know that I have my reasons and that is not open for debate.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silcone Synapse
reply to post by Wirral Bagpuss

No question this attrocity should be remembered.
But have we learned enough to prevent something similar from happening again?
Sadly not it seems to me.

We could have colonies on Mars and beyond by now,while also feeding the entire world and providing clean water for all if we had spent the same money on that instead of developing new ways to destroy one another.

Will we ever learn?

I agree completely. Star for you and yes. We could be exploring the stars and easing the burdens on Earth by doing so. I despair sometimes at the sheer stupidity of the Human Race.

edit on 27/1/2013 by Silcone Synapse because: moving words around

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by ausername

Originally posted by DarknStormy
That part of history needs to be studied more. I think we are missing critical information which could give us a different view of what actually happened.

Revisionist history is what you want. You don't want to believe the truth. There are many like you, and there has been efforts to change that history.

When a truth is too hard to accept or believe people tend to invent more plausible explanations, and/or alternative theories. Which is, in part why conspiracy theories are so popular.

Maybe one day the holocaust can be completely rewritten and dismissed as a great lie, maybe there will be enough people like you who will accept that version of history. Maybe there will again come a time where the Jews are so hated that millions of them again can be exterminated. Maybe history is doomed to repeat itself one way or another, perhaps sooner than later.

Maybe humanity's evils are so great that as a whole, it just isn't worth saving?

Good luck.

And here you are on a conspiracy forum and yet you accept whatever you are programmed with

Some of us jews had family there and in those camps and our version is vastly different from that which you so blindly accept as fact

There are a few of us who refuse to prpagate the lies

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by arthurfonzarelli

He accepts the evidence... which is abundant, to say the least.

Believe what you want, but you certainly don't have grounds to call anyone else wrong. Not from where your standing.

"Believe whatever you are programmed with". This should be ATS's new mantra.

Paranoid fantasy/overwhelming evidence. Your choice. It was only 70 years ago.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by tinhattribunal

I have absolutely no idea what your going on about, but I have no interest in any "agenda"... wherever your getting that from.

Simmer down. You are far from the authority or privilege to judge anyone else. What your doing is sad.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by SPACEYstranger

He accepts the evidence... which is abundant, to say the least.

Believe what you want, but you certainly don't have grounds to call anyone else wrong. Not from where your standing.

"Believe whatever you are programmed with". This should be ATS's new mantra.

Paranoid fantasy/overwhelming evidence. Your choice. It was only 70 years ago.

You mean fabricated evidence

I believe my family and the evidence they have not been able to wipe from history yet

And common sense
Something most do lack and unfortunately, most of you on these forums are unable to critically think and hust blindly accept the crap handed to you without ever questioning it
Without ever investigating it
Like who owns these so called publishing houses that wrote the history
Who w side was eisenhower on and why did america, a zionist conttrolled nation side with communists to go after hitler
And why did hitler ,the allies and the zioturd orginization of the world sign an agreement to give them palestine
Why did japan get bombed
Where is the 6 million cubic feet of human ashes and the other supposed 6 million cubic feet of ashes from the other supposed victims of the ovens
Where did they get that much fuel and how did they have the time when scuence and commin sense say it is impossible
Why were relatives of mine that were ziocommieturds allowed to leave with all their riches
Where are these so called human lampshades and soap
Why is it illegal to even question the holohoax in nations
Nations where ziocommieturds are prevelant

I could go in but breaking your brainwashing and programming are difficult

Humans are nothing more than sheep and the story of ww1 and 2 prove it beyond a doubt

You deserve the slavery the evil sects of ky tribe are going to instill in you
You are akready willing and able slaves with stockholm syndrome

Mr bernake needs your tax dollars

Off to work you go and make sure you pay your kosher tax when you eat

You will be a good little slave

I for one will jot bend to the devil
No matter what hapoens
I will fight my people for the sake of humanity
It is gods will that they and their master the devil fail and they burn in hell for all eternity

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Holocaust day again? Who can FORGET when they yap about it 24/7 every chance they get, yet nobody else is allowed to even question a bit of it.

How many people gave silence for the Holodomor genocide, you know the one where the jews were actually found guilty?

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   

lol...

"Interesting", for lack of a better word.

I am perfectly familiar with the evidence. Nobody who has invested any time in researching the second world war would say the things you are saying. There are perfectly good answers to all of your questions.

However, I have no interest in having a discussion with anyone like yourself. I wont suffer fools, or entertain their foolish beliefs.

peace out.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by wingsfan
Holocaust day again?

No.

Holocaust Memorial Day.

Get it right.

Who can FORGET when they yap about it 24/7 every chance they get, yet nobody else is allowed to even question a bit of it.

Who is "They"? What "questions" haven't been asked about it? What "revision" do you propose, or want to change? Come on. You know you want to. You know you NEED to.

How many people gave silence for the Holodomor genocide, you know the one where the jews were actually found guilty?

Please give ATS the "facts" that you do have?

Whats sad is this. People will muddy the Holocaust, with anger and revisionist thinking........

Say it ain't so........

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   
A message to the lot of you...

This thread is titled: Holocaust Memorial Day to be marked.

Not the Jews were behind it... Or the Jews are evil. Or anything else.

Several million people were slaughtered by the engine of state sponsored hate. Several million of whom were Jews. Others included Gypsies, the mentally handicapped, and many another deemed disposable by the state.

What harm is there in taking a moment to commemorate/remember that? ...and possibly learn from history so that some day, hopefully soon, mankind will learn from the mistakes of the past. Instead?

I see hatred masquerading as "seeking truth".

Last chance, folks. The topic is Holocaust Memorial Day, not I Hate Day.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by seagull
I see hatred masquerading as "seeking truth".

Quoted for truth.

I wish this and other similar topics would be discussed openly and honestly without all the covert bigoted hatred that often derails such topics. This is one reason why I'm posting and participating less and less these days.

edit on 27-1-2013 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

The Ukraine actually had two Holocausts; as follows:

1932-1933: Ukraine, a nation that was forcibly starved by Stalin and his Bolsheviks for the Russian industrial military machine. Approximately 10 million Christians (although disputed numbers are probably somewhere in the vacinity of 12 million) perished. 7 million+ deaths were Ukranians and the remainder are divided up between the Poles, Romanians and Czechoslovakia. To this day, this is why anti-semitism is high in those nations. The Ukranians should not and will never forget the Ukranian Holodomor where their people were forced to commit cannibalism to survive.

1941-1945: Occupation of Nazi Germany in the Ukraine; 3 million Ukrainian Christians and between 850,000 and 900,000 Ukranian Jews perished.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 09:13 PM
link   
this is a political stunt by to raise money to build bridges for the " Holocaust Memorial Day Trust event"

Politicians dont give a rats ass about people, now or then. they want your money and they are so LOW that they will use the people who died in the Holocaust to get you emotional to give them donations.

And most of you are ok with that.
edit on 27-1-2013 by rainbowbear because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Yesterday I watched a documentary on BBC called Prisoner Number A26188: Henia Bryer. If BBC iPlayer is available where you are it's right here.

It was pretty hard stuff and compelling at the same time. I think the scale of what happened to the world back then is often forgotten or underestimated and it really helps seeing a it condensed into a singular testimony. So I watched with stillness as this elderly lady recounted how they were taken away from the ghettoes of Poland to the camps.

"It was a hell of a job, we could hardly manage. There were shootings and hangings and there was no crematorium there - only a hill where they used to burn the people and all the ashes used to fly over us."

Another danger was the demand for blood for German troops fighting in Russia, which was forcibly taken and difficult to recover from.

It was at Plaszow that her father, an "upright" man who no longer knew where his wife or children were, was beaten to death by a guard.
Henia Bryer (BBC)

As she spoke, a series of grim images underscored the mundane meaningless of life during that time. Piles of naked and semi-naked bodies lay, emaciated, on the waste-ground of camps like Belsen. They'd been dehumanised in life and, as I looked at their final images, they remained dehumanised in the sense they didn't look like people. Bony calves and thighs seemed interchangeable and genders were blurred.

It was a compelling mixture of personal recollection and the difficult-to-watch imagery of youngsters in 'medical camps' and dozens of shorn women pulling wooden carts full of stones. Henia Bryer sat there with her tattooed arm and her green eyes shining with all that they'd seen in her youth.

The Holocaust Memorial Day made me think about the state of the world not so long ago. It made me think about what we are capable of doing to each other when division and hate overtake tolerance and compassion. It's weird in a way because I've read the negative posts in this thread and find I don't have a shred of animosity to spare them. They should watch the program, lay aside the labels and just try to recognise the humanity of the people who died in those awful days.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky
As she spoke, a series of grim images underscored the mundane meaningless of life during that time. Piles of naked and semi-naked bodies lay, emaciated, on the waste-ground of camps like Belsen. They'd been dehumanised in life and, as I looked at their final images, they remained dehumanised in the sense they didn't look like people. Bony calves and thighs seemed interchangeable and genders were blurred.

Lest we should ever forget...

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by rainbowbear

most likely it wouldnt surprise me at all that the government would pull on the collective heart strings of the world for anything to get more of our money !

@ slayer69 I understand where your coming from about people who do often mask their hate with "im trying to find the truth"

but where do we draw the line , are we just supposed to accept everything we are told in "books" "if its in a book it must be true " a book is no more truthful than the internet or the spoken word !

in this case though the abundance of evidence gives us truth !

often people just want to ask questions with no ill intent and are then bombarded with hate by those who feel emotionally attached to the events themselves and that causes further confusion !

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Muslims will be trying to repeat this again.

I really hope the Rotchchild 's kick all enemies of Israel.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by sapien82
reply to post by rainbowbear

but where do we draw the line , are we just supposed to accept everything we are told in "books" "if its in a book it must be true " a book is no more truthful than the internet or the spoken word !

When it comes down to it, the event happened whether people believe it or not and there should be a memorial day, just like rememberence day, anzac day in Australia etc.. We need to remember the mistakes of the past and hope that we can learn from them in the future. The angle I am looking fro doesn't deny the Holocaust, it is more of a question of who (apart from the NAZIs if any) also had a say in the events.. At no stage do I believe that Germany are not responsible, I just think there is more to the story. Now, there is nothing wrong with that, its not anti-semetic, its not disrespectful.

often people just want to ask questions with no ill intent and are then bombarded with hate by those who feel emotionally attached to the events themselves and that causes further confusion !

Some people are disrespectful and I will admit I may say some things every now and then that are also. But it shouldn't stop one looking for alternate answers. Someone could research this for 10 years and come to the conclusion "The official story is spot on". Was it a waste of time though? Of course not. Its not about whether the holocaust happened or not because it did happen. I question who is also responsible apart from the NAZIs. Nothing more. Genocides happened all over the place back in those days and I find it hard to believe that certain groups didn't have a say in Germany. Thats it.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 03:48 AM
link   
reply to post by DarknStormy

I agree with you , its quite annoying though that historians will completely ignore that Hitler and america were funded by the bankers who we all know are zionists , and that they will completely ignore zionism as well !
most wont even mention it .

Why arent we being taught that in schools , that they funded both sides and brought about the holocaust

I have never read a book or seen a WWII documentary that even refers to any of this , if its true then surely it should be included in the history books ! it then just begs the question why have we been led to believe otherwise that it was all the evil plan of hitler and the nazi's to wipe out the jews

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join