It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Underground burial chambers discovered at Machu Picchu.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 10:40 PM
link   
On the verge of something good...and we placed in a queue for 3 months. Just go in now!!

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Kantzveldt

OMFG I hope they find an alien ship

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Horemheb
reply to post by ProfessorAlfB

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Zawi "forced" out a year or so ago? I will check wiki but I recall that he was relieved of duties.

Thanks for the headsup!...It seems he was sacked, then he was reinstated and then finally he was forced to step down when they had that mini revolution in Egypt to get Mubarek out. His immediate successor was forced out too.
On 6 Jan 2013 Mohammed Ibrahim was sworn in as the new Egyptian Antiquities Minister. Too early to know if he will be any better than Haswaas was but he used to be the Egyptian Security Minister in charge of Prisons...Not sure if thats a thing or not for someone who is now in control of Egyptian antiquities, but time will tell.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kantzveldt
Interesting news regarding Machu Pichu; were it is hoped the burial Chambers of an Incan Emperor have been discovered in the heart of the complex;

Thierry Jamin, who has investigated several burial sites in the North of Cusco, listened carefully the story of David Crespy. Quickly he wants to confirm the facts behind the story. Accompanied by archaeologists of the Regional Office of the Culture in Cusco, he was able to visit the site several times. His preliminary findings are unequivocal: it is indeed an entrance, blocked by the Incas at an undetermined moment of History. This one is strangely similar to a burial site, such as the ones Thierry Jamin and his companions often find in the valleys of Lacco and Chunchusmayo.

In order to confirm the existence of cavities in the basement of the building, in December 2011 Thierry and his team submit and official request to the Ministry of Culture in Lima, to perform a geophysical survey with the help of electromagnetic (EM) conductivity instruments. This license was granted a few months later.

Realized between April 9th and April 12th 2012, the electromagnetic survey not only confirmed the presence of an underground room but several! Just Behind the famous entrance, a staircase was also discovered. The two main paths seem to lead to specific chambers, including to the main squared one. The different techniques used by the French researcher(s), (Molecular Frequencies Discriminator) allowed them to highlight the presence of important archaeological material, including deposits of metal and a large quantity of gold and silver!

Thierry Jamin is now preparing the next step: the opening of the entrance sealed by the Incas more than five centuries ago. On May 22nd 2012, he officially submitted a request for authorization to the Peruvian authorities which would allow his team to proceed with the opening of the burial chambers.

A chamber in Machu Pichu

A 'press pack' release on it;

Dossier de presse

So the Inca appear to have blocked the entrance into the chambers which appear to contain large quantities of gold and silver...hopefully some very interesting artifacts.

edit on 27-1-2013 by Kantzveldt because: (no reason given)

Did the Spanish never discover Machu Picchu?

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 05:52 AM
link   

No the Spanish didn't discover Machu Picchu;

en.wikipedia.org...

reply to post by ~widowmaker~

I'm sure they keep all vegetation growth down in the sacred area through weedkiller or whatever. There will have been some disturbance in terms of cleaning up maybe as they were probing the extent of the fill behind the wall.

reply to post by rabzdguy

They put the application in to excavate in May 2012, hopefully that's been given and might explain why they're moving forward in terms of publicity in the last few days.

When they got permission to scan in April 2012 they were at it several days later...

This is the website of the group involved, theres a video on the homepage were at 22 seconds you see them briefly at the door;

Inkari website

On their program schedule page they say this;

he Institute team Inkari - Cusco been working for a year and a half on a special project and large scale in the Inca citadel of Machu Picchu. After an initial phase of research, performed successfully in situ between March and May 2012, Thierry Jamin and his group is preparing a second phase which should be done in the year 2013. The discovery of a major archaeological and historical treasure soon to be announced

edit on 28-1-2013 by Kantzveldt because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 06:24 AM
link   
So nobody has been in these rooms yet but they're already calling them burial chambers?!

Anyone willing to wager that there will not be a single body found in them? And further wager that academia will go on calling them burial chambers anyways? Haha

Probably tell us they must have been looted or something. Even though they unsealed the rooms themselves.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 02:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Kantzveldt

Great find! But it looks as thou the entrance is not completely sealed. There are rocks missing at the top, and one could easily get through the hole and check it out. Maybe it's been done sometime in the past.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Thats AMAZING! I love hearing about new finds in already established sites! Hopefully the robbers did not get the gold and silver inside the tombs! (Though the entrance seems to be untouched, apart from a small hole)
! Cant wait to see what they find!
edit on 29/1/13 by Jordan22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProfessorAlfB

Originally posted by Horemheb

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Zawi "forced" out a year or so ago? I will check wiki but I recall that he was relieved of duties.

Thanks for the headsup!...It seems he was sacked, then he was reinstated and then finally he was forced to step down when they had that mini revolution in Egypt to get Mubarek out. His immediate successor was forced out too.
On 6 Jan 2013 Mohammed Ibrahim was sworn in as the new Egyptian Antiquities Minister. Too early to know if he will be any better than Haswaas was but he used to be the Egyptian Security Minister in charge of Prisons...Not sure if thats a thing or not for someone who is now in control of Egyptian antiquities, but time will tell.

Thats good news! Hopefully now the rumors will be set right about uncovered treasures etc in Egypt
!

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Interesting! If true this would be a great discovery. Unfortunately it seems as though it is being hyped up quite a bit. The reference to the “Molecular Frequencies Discriminator” raises a red flag for me considering these devices are considered by many to be a hoax. I haven’t seen any decent research on them for finding long-range precious metals. If you search around a little bit there is actually a few different people offering large rewards if someone can prove that these devices even work at all. Almost all manufacturers have refused to be involved in any type of public display of their product working in the field. $25,000 and $100,000 rewards are on the table for a working “Molecular Frequencies Discriminator” device. To date no one has stepped up to claim the prize money?

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 09:51 AM
link   
I hope this things gets open and we do see some cool stuff....
But I fear it will be a ong while.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join