Underground burial chambers discovered at Machu Picchu.

page: 1
42
<<   2 >>

log in

join
+19 more 
posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Interesting news regarding Machu Pichu; were it is hoped the burial Chambers of an Incan Emperor have been discovered in the heart of the complex;






Thierry Jamin, who has investigated several burial sites in the North of Cusco, listened carefully the story of David Crespy. Quickly he wants to confirm the facts behind the story. Accompanied by archaeologists of the Regional Office of the Culture in Cusco, he was able to visit the site several times. His preliminary findings are unequivocal: it is indeed an entrance, blocked by the Incas at an undetermined moment of History. This one is strangely similar to a burial site, such as the ones Thierry Jamin and his companions often find in the valleys of Lacco and Chunchusmayo.

In order to confirm the existence of cavities in the basement of the building, in December 2011 Thierry and his team submit and official request to the Ministry of Culture in Lima, to perform a geophysical survey with the help of electromagnetic (EM) conductivity instruments. This license was granted a few months later.

Realized between April 9th and April 12th 2012, the electromagnetic survey not only confirmed the presence of an underground room but several! Just Behind the famous entrance, a staircase was also discovered. The two main paths seem to lead to specific chambers, including to the main squared one. The different techniques used by the French researcher(s), (Molecular Frequencies Discriminator) allowed them to highlight the presence of important archaeological material, including deposits of metal and a large quantity of gold and silver!

Thierry Jamin is now preparing the next step: the opening of the entrance sealed by the Incas more than five centuries ago. On May 22nd 2012, he officially submitted a request for authorization to the Peruvian authorities which would allow his team to proceed with the opening of the burial chambers.




A chamber in Machu Pichu


A 'press pack' release on it;


Dossier de presse


So the Inca appear to have blocked the entrance into the chambers which appear to contain large quantities of gold and silver...hopefully some very interesting artifacts.


edit on 27-1-2013 by Kantzveldt because: (no reason given)
edit on 27-1-2013 by Kantzveldt because: (no reason given)
edit on 27-1-2013 by Kantzveldt because: (no reason given)




posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 05:15 AM
link   
I think there is a legend thats implies that the natives relocated vast quantities of precious metals, gemstones and even a large percentage of there population to somekind of underground super highway located beneath the earth. Maybe they have atlast found an entrance?



posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 05:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Kantzveldt
 


Very cool find Kantz.

I gave SLAYER a link to, unfortunately, a hoax article about underground chambers at Puma Punku here. Hopefully it may turn out to be a coincidental truth given these new finds at Machu Picchu.

I hope we get the juicy details and photos of some awesome artifacts.....and maybe some elongated skulls.



posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Awsome find
both you and the archeologists
S&F for you my friend



posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kantzveldt
Interesting news regarding Machu Pichu; were it is hoped the burial Chambers of an Incan Emperor have been discovered in the heart of the complex;






Thierry Jamin, who has investigated several burial sites in the North of Cusco, listened carefully the story of David Crespy. Quickly he wants to confirm the facts behind the story. Accompanied by archaeologists of the Regional Office of the Culture in Cusco, he was able to visit the site several times. His preliminary findings are unequivocal: it is indeed an entrance, blocked by the Incas at an undetermined moment of History. This one is strangely similar to a burial site, such as the ones Thierry Jamin and his companions often find in the valleys of Lacco and Chunchusmayo.

In order to confirm the existence of cavities in the basement of the building, in December 2011 Thierry and his team submit and official request to the Ministry of Culture in Lima, to perform a geophysical survey with the help of electromagnetic (EM) conductivity instruments. This license was granted a few months later.

Realized between April 9th and April 12th 2012, the electromagnetic survey not only confirmed the presence of an underground room but several! Just Behind the famous entrance, a staircase was also discovered. The two main paths seem to lead to specific chambers, including to the main squared one. The different techniques used by the French researcher(s), (Molecular Frequencies Discriminator) allowed them to highlight the presence of important archaeological material, including deposits of metal and a large quantity of gold and silver!

Thierry Jamin is now preparing the next step: the opening of the entrance sealed by the Incas more than five centuries ago. On May 22nd 2012, he officially submitted a request for authorization to the Peruvian authorities which would allow his team to proceed with the opening of the burial chambers.




A chamber in Machu Pichu


A 'press pack' release on it;


Dossier de presse


So the Inca appear to have blocked the entrance into the chambers which appear to contain large quantities of gold and silver...hopefully some very interesting artifacts.


edit on 27-1-2013 by Kantzveldt because: (no reason given)
edit on 27-1-2013 by Kantzveldt because: (no reason given)
edit on 27-1-2013 by Kantzveldt because: (no reason given)


The megalithic building structures are further in the past and chris dunn's theory and Brian Forester seem to make sense. That the larger razor blade jointed megalithic stones are from an advance civilization that doesn't fit in with mainstream educations teachings. The opening to that burial chamber reeks of "inca" time period not the advanced civilization of the megalithic time period which is much older.



posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by LightAssassin
 


Really odd that a bogus claim for Puma Punku appears to be true for Machu Picchu, but why i did the extra searching to find the details in 'the press pack', who, what where, when...



reply to post by andy06shake
 




It's possible, it could be a hoard rather than a burial, my main curiousity is why wasn't this blocked entrance seen earlier.



reply to post by thetiler
 




The construction blocking that entranceway certainly doesn't look in any way advanced, and is almost certainly related to the last days of the Inca Empire in my opinion.


However the chambers are beneath the central complex, and thus quite possibly relate to initial construction at the site, and were used and reused over subsequent generations, there are examples of this at sites such as Mitla.


reply to post by cody599
 



Thanks, this really could turn out to be awesome.
edit on 27-1-2013 by Kantzveldt because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Kantzveldt
 


Hi kanztveldt ,
That is truly a fantastic discovery.



posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kantzveldt
It's possible, it could be a hoard rather than a burial, my main curiousity is why wasn't this blocked entrance seen earlier.


Because it was buried under a lot of earth and grass, and may have been deliberately hidden by the people themselves several hundred years ago.



posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Is it possibe to tell if it was bricked up from the inside or outside from the picture? Just a thought.
edit on 27-1-2013 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Byrd
 





Not in recent times it hasn't been covered, there is algae and plants growing on the stones. It is at the foot of a wall seen here;





It can even be spotted from the air such as in this video at 00.44 seconds.





reply to post by andy06shake
 



The outside because it has fill behind it.



reply to post by punkinworks10
 



Yes potentially it's great, an Inca Royal burial could reveal much.
edit on 27-1-2013 by Kantzveldt because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reasonable hypothesis there .................but why dont they do some more of these underground radar and Haarp like searches around the world now?
The Ukrainian sic pyramid, and other things like the Sphinxs chamber(under the paw) seem to indicate it would be worth doing more of.....especially since if it is fairly cheap non invasive,and quite revealing.....
I suspect, along with satelite imagery (which has revealed a few interesting sites as well,)these technologies will bring much new knowledge to our attention.
What gets me is the speed at which the use of these techs get into mainstream....very slowly it would seem....
What is taking so long for implementation of such things?



posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Kantzveldt
 


I still don't think they built any of these elaborate and intricate stone cities/monuments/pyramids with the slightest intention for Human burial. I think all these underground burial finds came afterward by proceeding generations (centuries later) who were among the first who lost their his-story.

Here's a super high resolution (16-gigapixels) photo of Macho Picchu. You can see cracks in the sidewalk!
Felt like a good thread to share this

www.gigapixelperu.com...

S&F
edit on 27-1-2013 by Human_Alien because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien
 



Yes, great picture, spot the 'hidden' doorway....






posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Kantzveldt
 


Holy crap I want to go down there and help.


Wow just wow. Maybe they'll find some giants and we'll know because from this point on the whole thing will fade in to obscurity.
Nothing else will come of it.The pic above looks very gloomy. The Incan Gods aren't happy.
SnF again
edit on 27-1-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Kantzveldt
 


great story ^^

Is this a stock photo or the photo of the first chamber ?

something seems wrong with this,
files.abovetopsecret.com...

first the green growth underneath is bright green, as in new growth, there should be tons of it on the smaller stones and dark green.

second, it looks as thought stones were kinda just put in place, and the dirt path infront of it doesnt look worn because of age, but becasue something has been walking recently in area, looks used rather than worn.

third, this place has been being investigated forever now and they are just finding this wall or deciding to see whats behind it , seems odd for being right behind staires at front



posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   
maybe they found something in Puma Punku and screamed hoax , and throw us this bone to keep us quiet ........
who REALLY knows ...

great thread , thanks a lot


rascal


S&F ofcourse !
edit on 27-1-2013 by RascalTruthSeeker because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Brilliant, and something tells me that there's ore than gold and silver in them thar' hills.



posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by stirling
reasonable hypothesis there .................but why dont they do some more of these underground radar and Haarp like searches around the world now?
The Ukrainian sic pyramid, and other things like the Sphinxs chamber(under the paw) seem to indicate it would be worth doing more of.....especially since if it is fairly cheap non invasive,and quite revealing.....
I suspect, along with satelite imagery (which has revealed a few interesting sites as well,)these technologies will bring much new knowledge to our attention.
What gets me is the speed at which the use of these techs get into mainstream....very slowly it would seem....
What is taking so long for implementation of such things?


Idiotic jobsworth officials like Zawi Hawass!...He controls everything that goes on is relation to archealogical research in Egypt today, and he likes everyone to keep to the status quo as taught by victorian Egyptologists.
He wont allow any new discoveries that might rock the boat so to speak.
That chamber under the Sphinx's paws was found at least a decade ago and no dought permission to perform an exploritary dig would have been immedietly sought from Hawass, and as usual he would have said no.
Strangely though, he is not above performing his own digs in priceless ancient Egyptian monuments which he tries to keep secret...Like the brand new excavations, off the usual tourist route, found inside the great Pyramid.
It seems that he is looking for the mythical "hall of records" and if he strikes lucky he wants to bathe in all the glory himself, without having to share it with a single foreign researcher.
I cant stand the arrogance of the man and the sooner he goes, the sooner Egyptology can get back on track.



posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Kantzveldt
 


Now these are the kinds of things ATS is all about with out the drama thrown in. I can read things such as this all day long.S&F from me on this one.

More!!!





posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfessorAlfB
 


Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Zawi "forced" out a year or so ago? I will check wiki but I recall that he was relieved of duties.





new topics
top topics
 
42
<<   2 >>

log in

join