It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dream "travels"? residues of a tangible,visible nature?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 04:19 AM
link   
Ok :-D first of all guys,i don't mean sperm,im a woman anyway,so this is something completely different.So although funny,i can't do much with replies like:"I was visiting Yasmine in my dreams again +had to put the sheets in the washer this morning".This thread is for those who wonder about the nature of dreams,if its possible that we "travel" sometimes,while dreaming.The mysterious nature of dreams have always fascinated me,almost more than anything else.For a long while now,ive had almost zero dream recall-but fortunately,occasionally i recall one,like in the early hours of this morning****************A part of the dream was me,finding a piece of ground,gridded into squares with string,like at an archaeological dig.There were urns and jugs protruding from one of the gridded squares,and i managed to pry one loose,and look inside(contained glass measuring cups,pipettes,lab stuff,etc,i wondered how whoever got all the glass objects inside,bt thats just btw) The dream moved from there,briefly to a conference room,with other people,then to a cement ablution block type room,where i saw heaps of clothing, discarded,but no people-very Auschwitz-ish,then i woke up.Thing is,when i woke up,reaching for a ciggy as i do first thing every morn-i saw soil,earth under my nails of my right hand,and my hands didnt feel clean.I always go to bed with brushed teeth,and clean hands,as most folks do.I didnt sleepwalk either,my feet were still squeaky clean,the cats were still outside,the dogs inside+besides,i have never sleepwalked in my life.So im really puzzled-how did soil from a dream get under my fingernails? Has anyone here had such a dream experience,where they "brought something back" from a dream? And if dream travels occur astrally,how did my PHYSICAL body retain an element from my dream?Very odd,this.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 04:02 AM
link   
Could be that, or a "glitch in the matrix." The mind and the physical reality we perceive are interwoven. If you (your mind) believes without a shadow of a doubt that something is real, then your reality will bend to make it real. Could be the dream was so vivid, so real to you (subconsciously), that you forced it's manifestation.
edit on 9-2-2013 by SimonPetrikov because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-2-2013 by SimonPetrikov because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 04:49 AM
link   
Or perhaps it could be a tulpa effect or a thoughtform? You were certainly convinced that you were at the dig, and somehow your mind created the soil... it's hard to explain, but here's the wiki for it:
en.wikipedia.org...

There's all other info too... but most from Slender Man-related sites though

But that could be a possible theory.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by SimonPetrikov

Thanks for your reply.I wish i kept some scrapings,though maybe that would have been gross? i remember hearing myself hiss through my teeth in shock when i saw that.I immediately threw the ciggy down+pried as much of it out with my other hands fingernails and ran to my bathroom sink to wash the rest off.I mean,you can imagine it was spooky,just waking up,first thing,to that.Btw,yes the mind Is a mysterious thing,perhaps THE most.I wish i knew what was really the deal here.Ive been quite focused on the dreams i do recall-there has'nt been many,but the ones i recall would've stuck out anyways, for being unforgettable.Just another "aspect" to them thats very thought-provoking.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Marcelli

Thank you,yes ive heard of tulpas,Tibetan Buddhism fascinated me from a young age.My daughter talked about Slenderman the other day:-D she and i like creepy flix+stories.She always reads CreepyPasta,i should have a look too,at this Slenderman-I love urban legends and suchlike! About the dream,i found it just a huge surprise,a bit of a freakout actually,and im a person who likes my hands to be clean,so there was an Eeww! element to it too.I really don't know what to make of it.Just thought i'd throw it out there,maybe some members have their own weird 'n zany dreamstuff they'd like to share anyway?

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 08:09 AM
link   

I wish that could really happen. I remember when I was little I had many lucid dreams and I would find lots of money which I put in a specific drawer in my room, so when I would wake up I'd find it there. It never happened

anyway thanks for bringing that memory back..

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Raxoxane

Maybe you were scratching a wall whilst dreaming? Or something else near your bed?

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Also,if any members have found themselves bringing back marks+injuries that was'nt there when they went to bed,or correspond with a dream "injury" or procedure, i would certainly be interested in hearing about that as well.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Hellas

I really hope its something like that.Im not near a wall though,my headboard is my window+ curtain,though im getting tired of that arrangement,but its so convenient to watch thunderstorms from bed.I have tiled floors,idk what i couldve scratched,i keep my room quite clean,dust dont really get a change to gather.Still,i dont dismiss the idea,i rather hope i managed to find an isolated spot of dirt,but there's not even dustbunnies,my room gets cleaned and swept usually 3times a week.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   

I wish I had your cleaning discipline! On topic: I have woken with bruises on my wrists, more than once, but don't recall dreams that corresponded to it. I find your dream experience fascinating though. I do wish you kept the scrapings but I understand why you didn't, I would be a bit freaked out too. This is a true mystery to me and it seems like something from the x-files! I wish I had more insight to add.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Ellie Sagan

Hi Ellie Sagan,thanks for your reply, well my room is pretty much a sort of calm sanctuary,its the one place i like to keep restful and tidy,uncluttered and non-messy,thats why im so diligent:-) The rest of the house can get chaotic sometimes,kids,dogs,cats,etc.Anyway,i have also had bruises,sometimes like a birthmark under the skin,which fades by night or the next day,and a pinprick type mark remains,usually for another day or so,occasionally longer.What looks like scoop marks too,they take longer to heal,and some other stuff.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Slenderman freaked me out the first time I read about him. And strangely enough, people (including me) have had dreams about him... and when they do, there's either children around, or the dreamer is the child. I wonder why's that?

And yeah, with so many people believing that Slenderman is real, I wouldn't be surprised if a tulpa is created. *shudders*

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Hellas

I wish money could be created that easily with a thoughtform too!

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Im definitely looking that up later today:-) I had an experience with a tall slim "shadow person" once,when i was 16/17.Ive never been able to forget that,because it had very much the build of my adoptive father,who was recently deceased at the time,and also i was'nt terrified,as maybe one ought to have been.In fact,the absence of fear during this episode is as remarkable as the whole strange event:I woke in the night and sat upright to see in the darkest corner of my room,a dervish/whirlwind form,and within,a short person.I thought for a moment it was my mother,but it was shorter than her really,and what would she be doing inside a dervish in my room? But the next moment,right by my bed,was this tall,pitchblack shadow,black as liquid velvet,a pitchblack outline with with black mist swirling and weaving inside the outlines of the shape.I noticed this while trying to discern a face,but there was just black.I lay down and was staring up at this being/manifestation,and it down at me,for a while,maybe a few minutes,then i felt really sleepy,tired-i sort of sent it a message telepathically-"Im sorry,but im really really tired".Then i turned my back to it,and fell asleep,but it was still there,i felt it watching me as i drifted off.One of the strangest experiences of my life.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Me too! For at least 2weeks of every month i'd be making The Thinker(that statue) look like a village idiot picking its nose and mindlessly cavorting about :-DD! Im not materialistic but heck,it would help a person with kids,including a teenage daughter, to exhale a bit if one could just do a bit of "emergency pre-payday thinking"!

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 11:24 AM
link   
This is so crazy! I don't think I have ever observed residue from my dream travels on my physical form, although I have traveled to and explored new places in dreams and then again in physical reality.

Is this the only time this has happened to you?

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: zQuaesitor

Hi,thanks for your reply.Me,hubby and our friend were just talking of this yesterday,i was telling our friend about this strange happening.I remembered it because my husband woke with a mark on his hand that was not there the night before: 3 small holes on his hand.Yes this is the only time i found sediment/soil under my fingernails,thank goodness.My hubby sometimes has found soil and dirt in his bed,dirtyish feet like he'd been walking around somewhere in the night.He is at a loss to explain it.That was when we slept in seperate rooms due to his snoring,now our friend is living with us so we share a room again as the friend uses his room.

I have not recently had strange happenings but one night i did notice something that felt eerie.My hubby snores like a mf,and grinds his teeth too.But he suddenly went so quiet,for about 15 minutes,no sound,no movement,hardly even breathing,there was this great quietude like he was dead.I could not even hear him breathe,i put my finger under his nose to feel his breath because it worried me.Maybe he travels at times like that,idk.He always has,since he was a kid.He's also a clairvoyant,and an abductee.

When my hubby sleeps it sounds like a bloody zoo,every minute while asleep,so this intense quietude bothered me,considering his metaphysical history.It felt like he was absent,difficult to explain.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 12:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raxoxane

I had an experience with a tall slim "shadow person" once...

My eyes were a little bit wide as you described this experience. I've done a little bit of research on the subject and asked around a little bit, it's more common than you might think. I, too, had an experience with a shadow person. This occurred this year. I was staying at someone elses house and when I woke up I was paralyzed and this figure was standing over me near my feet, it noticed I was awake and leaned forward, pointing it's hand/palm towards me as if it was trying to put me back to sleep somehow. I resisted strongly and with extreme difficulty. finally I broke free and sat up and everything was gone. It looked like a combination between this and this. It was almost like it was trying to harvest something from me? I have no idea. Could've just been a hallucination, who knows. I just find it strange there's so many consistencies in descriptions and behaviors universally (of which yours seems to be an exception because they aren't typically interpreted as benevolent). Before I even knew what shadow people were I saw people on Facebook talking about them occasionally and confirming they were actually real. In retrospect I wish I would've asked for more info.
edit on 13-7-2017 by JustAnotherTraveler because: touch ups/clarification

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: JustAnotherTraveler

I'm sorry to see it looks like you got banned,but thank you for replying. If you read this,yes i too am still wondering,because just about everyone who have had a visit from a shadow person felt terror and a sense of the being meaning them harm,or at least no good. In my case,i felt it meant me good,or at least no harm. Why,i do not know. I will certainly never forget that event. Not like i could,even if i wanted. I am an abductee,so there's always the possibility that it was something to do with that,not all factions are opportunistic and predatory and unethical,that i know from memories of a benevolent faction(s).Or maybe my departed dad came from free will to visit before moving on with whatever options available to him after escaping from here,idk.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raxoxane
a reply to: zQuaesitor

Hi,thanks for your reply.Me,hubby and our friend were just talking of this yesterday,i was telling our friend about this strange happening.I remembered it because my husband woke with a mark on his hand that was not there the night before: 3 small holes on his hand.Yes this is the only time i found sediment/soil under my fingernails,thank goodness.My hubby sometimes has found soil and dirt in his bed,dirtyish feet like he'd been walking around somewhere in the night.He is at a loss to explain it.That was when we slept in seperate rooms due to his snoring,now our friend is living with us so we share a room again as the friend uses his room.

I have not recently had strange happenings but one night i did notice something that felt eerie.My hubby snores like a mf,and grinds his teeth too.But he suddenly went so quiet,for about 15 minutes,no sound,no movement,hardly even breathing,there was this great quietude like he was dead.I could not even hear him breathe,i put my finger under his nose to feel his breath because it worried me.Maybe he travels at times like that,idk.He always has,since he was a kid.He's also a clairvoyant,and an abductee.

When my hubby sleeps it sounds like a bloody zoo,every minute while asleep,so this intense quietude bothered me,considering his metaphysical history.It felt like he was absent,difficult to explain.

I see, thank you for your reply. I believe that the "dreams' that one experiences the night before waking up with unexplained markings are not real dreams, but merely a dreamstate superimposed over normal perception. I have woken numerous times with 3 holes in a triangle, solid triangles, 4 holes, unexplained scratches, etc.

top topics

join