It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homeopathy is 'rubbish', says chief medical officer

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by hellobruce

Oh really? This is from your link.

Bragg was the inspiration and personal health and fitness advisor to top Olympic stars from 3-time swimming Gold Medalist Murray Rose to 4-time track Gold Medalist Betty Cuthbert of Australia, his relative (pole-vaulting Gold Medalist), Don Bragg and countless others. Jack LaLanne, the original TV Fitness King said, “Bragg saved my life at age 15 when I attended the Bragg Crusade in Oakland, California.[9] Paul Bragg also wrote many successful books, such as "The Miracle of Fasting", as well as the "Live Food Cook Book and Menus" (Hollywood, California: Live Food Products, Inc., 1930). He would go water skiing at the age of 90 and 91. He outlived every family member in his generation.

You think he advised Olympic athletes and Gold Medalists by being a liar or quack? Get outta town, deceitful scumbag...

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Replying to a demand with another demand? You show me first; way to misdirect burden of proof from yourself....

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by VeritasAequitas
Oh really? This is from your link.

He would go water skiing at the age of 90 and 91.

Funny how he did that, considering he was 81 years old when he died.... So he was so healthy it took him 10 years to notice he was dead....
edit on 27-1-2013 by hellobruce because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by babybunnies
So many members of the establishment have big tie ins to pharmaceutical companies in many different countries.

The truth is, that even my GP, whose family also happens to own local pharmacy businesses, says that about 85% of the ailments that people take medication for can be fixed with lifestyle changes in diet and exercise, no medication needed at all.

He's more likely to tell you to get off your butt and go to the gym than prescribe you a pill.

He is right too, but what is good diet for one person may not be good for another. Moderate exercise is critical.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   

No sources cited for your allegations either....

That's called hearsay...

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Didn't your mother ever tell you it was deceitful to misrepresent the truth of what someone said? I guess she raised a lying and deceitful 'Roo.

Didn't you ever think that maybe his birth wasn't recorded properly as often was a woe of that time? He was born in 1881, not 95....There are no sources cited for his 'legitimate' birth of 1895...Yet there is at least one source citing him as being born in 1881...

www.people.com...
edit on 27-1-2013 by VeritasAequitas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 07:15 PM
link   

He was born in 1881, not 95....There are no sources cited for his 'legitimate' birth of 1895...Yet there is at least one source citing him as being born in 1881...

A source that quotes Bragg himself.... he was born in 1895, but if it makes you feel good tell yourself something else.... remember, Bragg lied about his brothers, his father.... so he has a history of telling lies!

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   

No he didn't....The wikipedia article you cited, gives NO sources for the claim his father worked for The printing office, or that he only had two brothers...

Besides that; why would a liar lie about something that can provably be false?

The above bull# aside; what does any of that have to do with the Olympic Athletes he advised, and who won Gold Medals?

What of his influence on Jack LaLanne?

I'll answer; your semantics have absolutely nothing to do with either of the above statements...

Stop trolling 'Rooski.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 07:30 PM
link   

I would trust a source of Bragg himself; than no source at all...

Show me your source other than an uncited wikipedia quote?

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Besides that; why would a liar lie about something that can provably be false?

well, homeopaths lie all the time, so do people that believe in it....

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by juleol

Originally posted by Chai_An
Yes they think anything that a person can do to improve their health without spending a fortune with them is rubbish. It's understandable and predictable of them. Lets say it's a placebo and people are getting well off of sugar pills, so what as long as they get well which should be the focus.

But what about those that do not get well from a placebo??? Like lets say you have some naive parents with a very ill child and then decides to go for homeopathy instead when there are real treatments that actually works?? This actually happens in real life...
I dont understand why this is so hard for you believers to understand.

And why are you still acting like it is wrong to call it a placebo when all studies show that this is the case??
There is not even a single logical reason why it should work since there is no damn active ingredient in any of those homeopathy bottles. They all contain just water and nothing else.
So please explain how drinking pure water could even do anything more than a placebo does?

If people don't get well then they should exercise their right to pursue other treatments, it's just that simple. I'm acting like it's wrong to call it placebo? Really? They can call it dog doo what matters is the person's well-being and healing.

Heck doctors can't explain a great many things about the body or healing in general because everyone is operating on theories. What we're talking about are theories meaning nothing is written in stone. Mainstream medicine is a crap shoot just like non-traditional medicine, one thing don't work for everybody. The theory with homeopathy is the original (inorganic or organic) compound after several episodes of dilution carries the energy (vibration) of the original chemical which is chosen for it's opposite effects of the illness. Hey I've used homeopathy over the years, there were times it worked without a hitch and other times I went to other alternatives.

You know what to be honest I could care less if it's just water from the study's doctors' perspectives if people want to try this particular theory then they should. At least we know it's not poison which traditional doctors prescribe everyday without a second thought.

I'm all for choice. If the parents think allopathic medicine is the answer for their child then so be it however the same is true for the homeopathic medicine. These are options, people want to discourage options. Traditional medicine is like any other industry they try to eliminate their competition for the dollars and cents so they put down any alternatives. Healing is not about one size fit all treatments that's why writing off alternative treatments is a mistake made too often.
edit on 27-1-2013 by Chai_An because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Chai_An

Not to mention their debunking using James Randi, a known hoaxer himself, falls flat..

en.wikipedia.org...

He is no more honest or legit than the people he attacks and attempts to discredit...

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Bilky

Can you share which brand of homeopathics you use?

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 08:03 PM
link   

And this doesn't happen in Mainstream Medicine? Horse#...

Of course, but can Homeophy beat these numbers. I would say a big fat 0 next to those stages for Homeopathy...it was for my coworker...

•Stage I:100%
•Stage IIA: 92%
•Stage IIB:81%
•Stage IIIA:67%
•Stage IIIB:54%
•Stage IV:20%

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

So one person is proof of a hoax? Not to mention it is complimentary medicine, and not to be used for everything...Even if it did help everything, anecdotal evidence of one person, does not apply to the whole world..That is a bit like cherry picking..
edit on 27-1-2013 by VeritasAequitas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 08:21 PM
link   

So one person is proof of a hoax? Not to mention it is complimentary medicine, and not to be used for everything...Even if it did help everything, anecdotal evidence of one person, does not apply to the whole world..That is a bit like cherry picking

Please post Homeopathy results on breast cancer then. I'm saying it is as good as doing nothing at all and just letting the cancer go through all the stages. What bothers me more is that you want to defend your position by suggesting my coworker is not a large enough sample, and not just explaining why it didn't work for her.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

Not to mention it is complimentary medicine, and not to be used for everything.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Name calling stops right now!!

If the issue can not be discussed politely, it won't be discussed at all. No more name calling will be tolerated.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Not to mention it is complimentary medicine, and not to be used for everything.

I can agree to that. There are a lot of things we can do to help, like change our bodies Ph balance to help. I see many though use homeopathy as the only med and that is wrong.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join