It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have a question.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 06:21 PM
link   
I just got back from a few days due to me being busy but now I'm hearing rumors that the Chit-chat forum can't be accessed through ATS, yet I amassed many of my posts on this forum on that board, so I have a question. Why are people complaining about not being able to access that forum through ATS, when they could just set the forum number to 11? Afterall, with that not ONLY would you be able to access it through ATS but you'd accumulate post count as well.

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Because ATS is not for chit-chat. BTS is.

Turn it up to 11? I don't get it.

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeltaChaos

He means set the FID to 11, since BTS and ATS use the same database it would access the same forum.

BTW...there is no gain in posting in the ChitChat in ATS, instead of on BTS. None.

[Edited on 28-10-2004 by dreamlandmafia]

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 06:33 PM
link   
There are no points given in the chitchat forum no matter which domain you access it from. I think you're mistaken somewhere along the line.

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeltaChaos
Because ATS is not for chit-chat. BTS is.

Eleven (11): Nigel�s key to keeping Tap among England�s loudest bands. In "This is Spinal Tap," he pointed out to director Marty DiBergi that the settings on Tap�s Marshall amps could extend beyond the standard 10 mark. Nigel: "You see, most blokes will be playing at 10. You�re on 10, all the way up, all the way up...Where can you go from there? Nowhere. What we do, is if we need that extra push over the cliff...Eleven. One louder." DiBergi: "Why don�t you just make 10 louder and make 10 be the top number, and make that a little louder?" Nigel (after taking a moment to let this sink in): "These go to 11

The Tap Rule!!

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 05:09 AM
link   
I think it's a sad day when people post just for points

The quality goes way down and the threads get killed

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Banshee
There are no points given in the chitchat forum no matter which domain you access it from. I think you're mistaken somewhere along the line.

That's what I thought up until I posted in the chit-chat forum and was awarded 2 points to my tally regardless of the domain I accessed it from, seriously.

Originally posted by UK Wizard
I think it's a sad day when people post just for points

The quality goes way down and the threads get killed

very true, I believe that's why no points are awarded on the RATS forum

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Okay, thanks for clearing things up for me, I just was wondering about that.

new topics

top topics

join