It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dying dog enjoys 'epic' last meal

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 01:46 AM
link   
nineMSN News

A Canadian dog owner has won online praise and condolences after he uploaded a video of his cancer-stricken pet enjoying a lavish last meal he prepared for it before it was euthanased.

Niko Grosdanis had his boxer Lennox put down on January 23 but not before the canine devoured an "epic" final meal that included a large turkey leg wrapped in bacon, sausages, cheesy bread, rice and salad.

A video Mr Grosadnis posted online on the same day shows Lennox eyeing up his feast before happily demolishing it in under two-and-a-half minutes.

(Picture courtesy of Huffington Post).

(Video upload of the meal).

edit on 27/1/2013 by Dark Ghost because: Fixed embeds

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 01:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Dark Ghost

Iv just woke up up literally 3minutes ago, I needed that smile
Thankyou for sharing

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 01:59 AM
link   

How sad.

Least you can tell his family loves him. I hope they can find or adopt another dog that needs love.

It's truly depressing when you lose a pet.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 02:44 AM
link   
Oh no

The wife just made me a mega breakfast.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Even though Lennox had great carers who obviously loved him - I still got sad. The hardest part of being on this planet is the grief and sadness and emotional pain of having to say goodbye.

Lennox is very lucky to have been loved and cared for and we can only wish that for every dog. Thanks for sharing.

Much Peace...

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater

How sad.

Least you can tell his family loves him. I hope they can find or adopt another dog that needs love.

Just puked a bit in my mouth but it's ok. After watching this pooch go to town (the same way I'd send my own dog out) I can say this wonderful creature made it's way without being bothered by dirty hippies. That's all a Dog can ask.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 03:45 AM
link   
My breathe shortened while reading through the food this guy wonderfully plated for his pet. Dogs can be attached to their normal food bowls though, I know mine is, she has the cleanest corner of the house too.

I love how dogs can be so innocent that all it takes is a meal like this to make them head-over-heals happy.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 03:53 AM
link   
I had to carry my old pooch into the vet to have her put down. No appetite, no strength, no desire to move from under the tree in the back yard. She went from the happy squeaking bag of bones and jelly that would lick you till you could taste the tongue, to completely invalid.. in no time. But she still tried to wag her tail.

If the dog had that much of an appetite, who was benefiting from the euthanasia? The obviously not in agony pooch, or the I cant bear the suffering, owner?

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 04:09 AM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

Thats a valid point, When i had to take my dog to the vets last year to be put down, I was force feeding him special food with a syringe. I tried to temp him with all the best human food. I even made special trips to mcdonalds and kfc for him, but he wouldn't touch it. Theres nothing wrong with the owner preventing the suffering what is inevitable, its real sad

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by TheDoctor46

I tried the whole maccy d and kfc thing with my wife.
didn't work either so............................taking her for a ride to pets r us.
She thinks she's getting a kitten

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Bless his heart....I think he really wanted another turkey leg!

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Nice one. Exactly what I did for my lonewolf before I was forced to put him down...hardest thing I've ever had to do.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeadSeraph

Originally posted by Manhater

How sad.

Just puked a bit in my mouth but it's ok. After watching this pooch go to town (the same way I'd send my own dog out) I can say this wonderful creature made it's way without being bothered by dirty hippies. That's all a Dog can ask.

I don't even know what this means. Did you know this dog? My dogs have never been bothered by dirty hippies either, but I hate when anybody, especially the drunks, crazies, and people who scream and yell because they're scared of dogs walk by our yard and bother our dogs. Are there a lot of problems with dirty hippies bothering dogs in that neighborhood or something?

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Unfortunately I bet that Turkey wasn’t free range, and had lived a life so miserable it would have been better (for it) if it had never been created to suffer so much pain (oh and provide a dog it’s meal). I wonder what that dog will reincarnated as? Be careful how we treat all animals, because otherwise we’ll never know what our pets really think of us by the time we meet them.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Tiny tragedies.

Each time we take in a new pet we are signing up for the inevitable heartbreak of losing it, a tiny tragedy.

Why do we do this to ourselves?

Because they enrich our lives and it's totally worth it.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by SlackOps
Tiny tragedies.

Each time we take in a new pet we are signing up for the inevitable heartbreak of losing it, a tiny tragedy.

Why do we do this to ourselves?

Because they enrich our lives and it's totally worth it.

yea reminds me of a George Carlin line, where he says . "when you buy a dog or a cat your basically buying a tragedy waiting to happen."

That's why he recommends you buy a baby parrot (the ones that live to be like 100, or maybe one of those tortoises(sp?) that can go like 120 years.

But yea I had to put my dog down about a year ago, he used to sleep on top of my head (above the pillow) every night (crazy dog) LOL, but some nights I still half-wake up and swear he is there on my head, it's wierd how often I think about that dog. Never again will I adopt a dog, it's just well a tragedy waiting to happen. Maybe when I'm like 60+ and old and alone I'll adopt another one.

Great video though.

new topics

top topics

join