It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something weird in an amethist of mine.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 01:38 AM
link   
heehe, I once, to add to my collection, bought an amethist lamp. (imagine, all amthist points 'glued' together, points pointed outside, stacked conelike, where you can put a small lightbulb in, and then you have the amethist lamp.

Well, I had it, I'd say (it's now been a few years ago, 5 or something) and then something happened in just one of the let's say 70 crystals the lamp has. They are like tumors or something and kind of look like popcorn.

Then I thought it was due to the sun, but I didn't hold on to that thought.

Here are pics, not that clear. I don't know if anyone had a similar experience with one of theirs.

I'm sorry, the picture is not that clear. As I sad, it is a bit similar to popcorn. It are three of them that came to form in this amethist crystal. It's like white chalk, and the side looking outside is brown/black, like a crust. Size is like 3,5mm.

Could the sun be the reason for this, like the window had a loop'effect' and it burned it into the crystal?

Thx, all.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 03:09 AM
link   
It's definitely citrine. I can tell even with your crappy photo. Citrine is basically amethyst that's been heated.

and it was either there when you bought it, or you're lying(there are a couple of things that are fishy, but I'm not going to mention them).

I'll just assume it was like that when you bought it but you never noticed it. Unless you have a picture of the lamp before this happened?

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 03:46 AM
link   
You're stupid now, right?

new topics

join