It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2nd Civil War?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by MajorMayhem
reply to post by FrankieNinja

Our oath says all enemies foreign and domestic...

The "enemies" in the "oath" refers to enemies of the Constitution, correct?

That would include most of our Big Soviet style federal government.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by JuniorBeauchamp

Use of a military action is only justified when used against another militarist group who threatens...

when your talk about our over-bloated government and corrupt officials then you don't need the army.
what you'd need is to arouse the American populace, scrap the two party system abolish lobbyist groups and so on and so and so on... those are things that have nothing to do with the military or the original question.
edit on 27-1-2013 by MajorMayhem because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
In my humble opinion, there will be no civil war.

All the government has to do is control the power grid. Turn off power for a month and wait. Then state that you will turn the grid back on if you turn in your guns, banners, flags. ''Most" Americans would (sadly) capitulate.

If there were to be any time of conflict, I imagine it would be an insurrection-type or guerrilla warfare.

I have solar power. Cut it off all you want.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by MajorMayhem
reply to post by JuniorBeauchamp

Use of a military action is only justified when used against another militarist group who threatens...

Is that what the "oath" states?

when your talk about our over-bloated government and corrupt officials then you don't need the army.

Then why did the Founders need an army when they could have worked through the "system" already in place?

what you'd need is to arouse the American populace, scrap the two party system abolish lobbyist groups and so on and so and so on... those are things that have nothing to do with the military or the original question.
edit on 27-1-2013 by MajorMayhem because: (no reason given)

When, in the course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the laws of nature and of nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. That whenever any form of government becomes destructive to these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness.

Pay attention to these clauses:

When, in the course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another

"We the People" are the First Branch of Government, and when it becomes necessary, "We the People" have the God given right to dissolve "the political bands which have connected them with another".

That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men, deriving their JUST powers from the consent of the governed. That whenever any form of government becomes destructive to these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government

The "consent of the governed" is the First Branch of Government, ie-We the People", and by consent or dissent determine what is "JUST" government. When government reaches the point of being "un-just", overstepping it's bounds and authority granted by the consent of We the People, into tyranny, then "it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government".

By the way, that does not require consent of the government to do so. The direct opposite is the case.

So, are you trying to tell me that the oath taken by military personnel is not to defend the Constitution against all enemies foreign and domestic?

Or are you telling me that the oath is to defend the federal government unconditionally?

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by MajorMayhem

I appreciate all the feedback. Really! You see, my heart says it can't happen. My intellect says it has and will again. I am just having a hard time grasping how this will be accomplished or what will be the trigger.

Moreover... All the world needs to see is an America torn apart for within only to swoop in and tKe us down. Thanks everyone so far for your replies.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 07:31 PM
link   
TBH, if this ever happens I don't anticipate that I would fight the government.

I would expect to be defending myself from the groups that rise in a lack of government. Everyone here seems to think there would be two sides to a civil war but in the modern day it would be thousands.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by FrankieNinja
reply to post by MajorMayhem

I appreciate all the feedback. Really! You see, my heart says it can't happen. My intellect says it has and will again. I am just having a hard time grasping how this will be accomplished or what will be the trigger.

"How this will be accomplished" is a matter of knowing history. Evil is not very creative. It uses the same methods over and over and over, which is why it is predictable.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Krazysh0t
Great thing about soldiers is that they've had it drilled into their heads to follow orders no matter what. Also the soldiering profession doesn't exactly attract the most brilliant minds into it. Especially the front line soldiers.

Never served have you? You do know that a soldier is charged to not obey an unlawful order right? We are not drilled to just blindly follow whatever order is barked at us. That is why our military is successful because soldiers are allowed to use their personal judgement.

Also, the military actually promotes education out the ears. 90%+ have high school diplomas and 89%+ have either an AA or BA/BS...... stop eating up the stereotype and educate yourself. I hate to be this way because you did agree with my assessment, but damn people are just flat out ignorant and unwilling to use one of the most powerful tools right at their finger tips before they open their mouths.

Not to say that there aren't soldiers who can't think for themselves (I was one of them), just saying that the government would have no short supply of meat shields to do exactly what they say in the name of tyran...er...liberty.

No that is exactly what you said....stand by it.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join