It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Banned from GLP

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 01:32 AM
link   
A few days ago I was replying to a thread on GLP. When I tried to post I got a screen that said I was banned for trying to reset my IP address. I remembered I had an account on ATS so I came here.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Nice introduction to a new member, banned again

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Akhenaten4
A few days ago I was replying to a thread on GLP. When I tried to post I got a screen that said I was banned for trying to reset my IP address. I remembered I had an account on ATS so I came here.

The way you stated your introduction; sounds like you really don't want to be here either.

But...I do welcome you and I hope you cheer up a bit.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 01:49 AM
link   
As long as you follow th T n C's here you will survive.

Look foward to some great posts from you.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by magma

I can relate. I came from GLP. The difference in GLP and ATS is immense. Particularly the rules. The rules are not hard to abide by - I realize ATS is more lax then I presumed.

And yet we get banned for no apparent reason. (considering GLP's reputation.)
edit on 1-27-13 by Mugen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Believe me,you won't miss it at all.
The only thing different is that instead being at a teenage party,you have come to the adult party that respects each other(most of the time) and you don't have all that noise.

Welcome to ATS.
Peace,
K

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Before I got banned from GLP (i think [don't care enough to know] for the way my ISP hand out ip's) I had only been there a few times mostly for a specific topic that someone here had mentioned but I didn't really like it in general and it didn't really seem to be in the same league as ATS (who is though, right?) but maybe I just never gave it enough time. It always seemed cluttered and hard to navigate with more trolls and crazies.

welcome

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS. You'll find it just as interesting here, but without as much "directed discussion".

GLP (www.godlikeproductions.com) bans all non-paying members in due course. It's purely to try and wring money out of you. I visit once in a while for a few days, make a few innocuous posts, get banned, then wait a day/week/month and discover the IP has been unbanned. They won't ever see a cent from me and I make it a habit to rub that fact in their face every chance I get. When my home IP is banned, I continue to access the site via my US work VPNs. What amuses me is that they even tried to ban the famous google translate workaround. It must cost them so much money tracking down the IP addresses of all the google translate language sites and the VPNs and proxies, and the various "other" means used to circumvent their bans.

My advice to you would be to continue accessing their content. Post some of the breaking stuff here on ATS (without attributing it to GLP), NEVER, EVER subscribe to the site ($120 a year? LOL), use VPNs and make them SPEND money trying to hunt down and ban all the IPs people use to sidestep the bans. Sooner or later they'll either get with the program or eat into their profit margins.

But it probably won't be necessary since ATS is a much higher class of forum - you'll most likely forget about GLP once you've spent some quality time here.
edit on 27-1-2013 by nottelling because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Welcome To The Community

Here are some handy links to get you oriented into now becoming a valued member of ATS.

What are P F K W S
Visit here next - ATS Freshmans Forum
Index of Important ATS Related Threads
Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First
How to Upload Your Pics & Avatars (also) Need a custom Avatar?
Your Terms and Conditions Of Use (also) Reaffirming ATS Policies

Try Ask ATS to find numerous threads to add your thoughts to now. Once a minimum of 20 posts are made, you'll be able to create your own threads & send out messages to fellow ATS members.

*** Keep your arms within the ride's comfort zone, have fun & help us "Deny Ignorance" ***

ATS is at times like a rollercoaster ride! As a new member be aware if one acts in an uncivil-like manner, discusses personal illicit drug usage, uses profanity, is a troll, intentionally spreads a hoax, spam's, advertises and/or get's verbally abusive, they will be warned or removed off the ride by a Moderator. If you see posted any of the above mentioned, please let staff know by using the "Alert" function. This will help keep the community, both young and old to further enjoy the ride with you.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 03:04 AM
link   
I have never been, nor will ever be, a member of GLP. That website is an absolute joke. The trolling and childish conversation that takes place there, as well as the ugly, dated website interface, is enough for me to want to tear out my eyeballs so I don't have to see it.

Be glad they banned you and focus your efforts here mate, once you get the rules down pat then you can have a productive and informative time on this website. You'll probably end up copping a few off-topics or warnings in your first months here, don't worry most people do as they learn what the rules are and accept that they are here for a reason.

Read through what JohnnyAnonymous has posted above, it will give you a great start here.

edit on 27/1/2013 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 04:50 AM
link   
Well this forum is a pleasant contrast to the chaos of GLP.I agree with the sentiments expressed in the above post after spending a couple of weeks there

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 04:59 AM
link   
If you want to have some real fun, type Tavistock. You can actually type that here! Try it!

Oh and welcome to ATS.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 06:26 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Welcome to the adult pool. You've been kicked out of the kiddie pool, ended up here...

Des

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by nottelling

But it probably won't be necessary since ATS is a much higher class of forum - you'll most likely forget about GLP once you've spent some quality time here.

In this case I believe a ONE WORD response is appropriate enough....EXACTLY.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
Welcome to the adult pool. You've been kicked out of the kiddie pool, ended up here...

Des

Nicely said Des, welcome to the site OP.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I just tried to get on GLP and it doesn't say I am banned, it just says 403 error and nginx???? I don't even have the option to be unbanned or see anything. I have been posting some serious information on the North Korean conflict, including a lot of research I did on target areas, prevailing winds, destruction zone maps and NK missile capability maps. I noticed yesterday one of my posts disappeared. So I posted what happened to my thread...that one was gone in 2 minutes. So, here I am.

I have to admit I find this site to be a little less user friendly, so that is why I have always leaned to GLP. Maybe I just haven't tried hard enough.

So I have post 50 engaging replies before I can post a thread? Hmmm. Looks like I need to start getting familiar with this site. Doom on!

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by kungfukitty88

It's only 20 replies. If you have something that you want to post that is not already represented in an active thread - you can always contact a member of staff to ask for a chance to create a thread on it. The 20 post rule is not at all meant to inhibit new information from being posted. It's to help avoid spammers.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akhenaten4

I think you dodged a bullet.... Nothing Interesting
goes on there!

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Akhenaten4

All I have to say is, two paragraphs of your own text, that provide meat for discussion. That be one of the guidelines for posting a thread on ATS. Now, here's something we hope you'll really like !

Welcome to ATS !

edit on 7-4-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join