It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Retired Colonel: Federal Government 'Rogue and Illegitimate'

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by JuniorBeauchamp

Originally posted by ResistTreason

Originally posted by RocksFromSpace

Quite interesting rifle. Never seen one before.

What Make/Model of rifle is that?
edit on 27-1-2013 by ResistTreason because: (no reason given)

It looks like the Barret .50 cal.sniper rifle that can take out a target from over a mile out, with the target never hearing a sound until the round strikes, or, should I say, explodes, splattering the target into little bitty pieces.

Go to youtube and watch it in action. Impressive weapon.
edit on 27-1-2013 by JuniorBeauchamp because: mispelling

edit on 27-1-2013 by JuniorBeauchamp because: (no reason given)

Its the Barrett LIGHT .50. Originally designed not as anti personnel but for taking out things like small radar dishes
and vehicles from afar. not sure if its anti personnel now.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Bilky

In Texas we use it for squirrel hunting!

No such thing as overkill.

edit on 27-1-2013 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Since the day in Dallas when JFK was murdered in a coup de tat the Federal government has seemed to be rougue and illegitimate.Solve that murder in the Public domain and you regain America,fail to do exactly that and you lose whats left of her.An open public trial that followed real facts and evidence would lead to the issuance of thousands of criminal warrants in the name of national Security and the seizure or hundreds of billions of dollars of global assets held by those involved in the coup de tat by proxy..America could regain her integrity and her economy and correct history all in one fell swoop,it will have to be a battle to regain an entire country,

As far as complete civil wars or the federal government challenging the American people enmasse,ha ha ha,it will never happen,if you broadcast a citywide call to arms in a city like Dallas and requested all standing people with guns legal or illegal muster at city hall you would mave a massive standing army in hours,same in every major American city,no government has the forces to challenge this firepower,I mean NATIONS couldnt challenge this type if instant standing army.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bilky

It looks like the Barret .50 cal.sniper rifle that can take out a target from over a mile out, with the target never hearing a sound until the round strikes, or, should I say, explodes, splattering the target into little bitty pieces.

Its the Barrett LIGHT .50. Originally designed not as anti personnel but for taking out things like small radar dishes

There are some neat youtube clips of snipers in Afghanistan using them on Taliban.

From what I understand, the Barrett .50 cal is now the standard anti-personel sniper rifle. I could be wrong on it being standard issue for snipers though. But it is used considerably for that purpose to be sure.

I think there is an optional silencer for suppressing the local sound of the round being fired.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
reply to post by Bilky

I guess y'all dont eat much squirrel in Texas.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

The problem with this whole statement is the part where he said to assemble and protest; if you do that they call you an entitlement class or a right -wing whacknut. Only entitlement class I see is the elite sitting on their fat butts acting like we owe them our lives and the losers in the ghettoes who wouldn't even get out of there beds to protest besides they're feeding off the government subsidies anyway. The right wing whacknuts are truly non existant as the left and right have proven their allegiance with one thing and one thing only, the almighty dollar and they sure as hell don't give a damn about nobody that don't have it pouring from every orifice of their existance. They're the puppets for the real entitlement classes, the dregs and the wall st bankers/corporations. And everyone else be damned, left and right their the same whacknuts who are power hungry and money hungry and corrupt as all get out! No amount of protest will ever work because there are plenty of sheeple to bah bah bah their way to shooting down their fellow Americans. Too many poor dumb losers here that buy the propeganda and think that anybody who is against the raping of America is a terrorist!
edit on 27-1-2013 by ldyserenity because: spelling

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   

reply to post by Bilky

They eat plenty of Beaver though. Just saying.

OK OK

Couldn't help myself....

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by ldyserenity
reply to post by TrueAmerican

The problem with this whole statement is the part where he said to assemble and protest; if you do that they call you an entitlement class or a right -wing whacknut.

Personally, I could give a rat's patootie what "they" call me.

In 1996, under Wee Willy Klintstone's administration, the man hating, bulldyke thug, Jackboot Janet El Reno labeled me as a potential terrorist and enemy of the State for being "pro-life", for "having more than two weapons", for" having more than 4 boxes of ammo" and for "storing more than 2 weeks of food".

"They" will demonize liberty loving citizens any way they can, but I don't give a rip.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by ldyserenity

reply to post by Bilky

LOL, ok, I'm not touching that one. Isn't this supposed to be a "family oriented" site?

They eat plenty of Beaver though. Just saying.

OK OK

Couldn't help myself....
LOL, I'm not touching that one. After all, isn't this supposed to be a "family oriented" site?

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by planefixer

Originally posted by SMOKINGGUN2012
reply to post by RocksFromSpace

I have been waiting years for this to start happening......where is everyone?

You, like everyone else, is waiting for someone else to start.. so it will never get started.

I agree. How many people view this site, all across the country?
Everyone that comes to this site fairly regularly should know that there is an increase of things going on. It seems like they are obviously preparing, for what... We don't know, but something is coming and it probably isn't too far off. How are we going to come together and do anything without a plan? If we all just sit around till the lights go out we are going to have really bad days. Limited days probably. The people on this site should organize a plan if something goes down and the best way would be to do what he is suggesting to an extent. If you have counties that are for the people and the residents are for the constitution, that is a start. Build from there and connect with other counties and states. Basically what would result would be civil war 2 but wouldn't it be better to actually have multiple states joined together by the above reasoningto survive than to just wait and see . It would be mass chaos. Another option of less success probably would to at least have a plan with the members of ATS. We are spread out. Basically if every member here got with members in there area now and said if the shtf then we should do x....You tell your friends, they tell there's and small groups meet up with others to form larger groups. I am sure there are enough smart people here to come up with some kind of plan and come together. The time seems like now to have a plan to survive in large groups instead of your family sitting around starving waiting on the FEMA camp bus to come.

There are WAY more people who are on it than you think. And some of the people who are on it, would blow your mind. You need to have a little more faith in your fellow man......

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bilky

IIIIII WWWAAAANNNTTT OONNNEEEE!!!!!! Cuz I just LOVE tree rat!!!! EEEEWWWWW WEEEEEE
edit on 27-1-2013 by thepolish1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Watch the Barrett .50 cal in action:

www.youtube.com...

Go to 4:20 for a great shot at over 1300 yards.

Taliban splattered all over the wall behind him.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest

even jefferson stretched the constitution to the point where it "almost cracked"

Well, at some point, there is a difference between idealism and reality but at least Jefferson was trying. Our dear "representatives" today don't even care about trying to maintain the spirit of the founders. And in fact, most of them have done everything in their power to cause the government to go down an incremental path to tyranny.

it is not a holy document, it was meant to change with the times

So what is the difference if we're talking about gun control? If someone had a cannon in those days, they could have killed a lot of people with one shot. I have no idea if anyone ever did something like that but it could have happened. I don't recall ever seeing that people were not allowed to have cannons in the era the founders lived in. It appears that ordinary people were only limited by what they could afford. The modern equivalent would be something like having a tank.

An AR-15 is relatively puny compared to just about anything the modern military has. To suggest the existence of the AR-15 is such a drastic change in the times that the Constitution needs to be changed because of it is really a pretty obvious lie. (I'm not accusing you of lying but many have suggested the reason the 2A should be changed is because times have changed).

edit on 27-1-2013 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 09:05 PM
link   

An AR-15 is relatively puny compared to just about anything the modern military has.
An AR-15 is relatively puny compared to just about anything the modern military has.

No the military is still using the same platform.
edit on 27-1-2013 by cavtrooper7 because: missplled

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 09:38 PM
link   
I grew up shooting and hunting with a .303 British,it was and is the best gun I ever fired,and more than capable at all three core ranges,close-intermediate-and long range,and it carries a whallop.I used it on Coyotes,Deer,Moose ect from age ten till past 40 and it was perfect all round for that entire time,no kidding,tough as nails and very consistant and reliable.The darn shells are expensive,although at my age and level of involvment its irrellevant but back then it hurt to play around to much unless you enjoyed snaring Coyotes and skinning them smelly buggers for a few bucks.There are a lot of high performance guns hanging aroind if you know what you are looking for,my gun has its original sights and I hit many a long looper that you wouldnt believe,I dont know yardage but I know it shot to sight because as far as I could see a target I could hit it with that gun and many were looping and at the edge of the sights and my eyesights capabilitys,with a scope that gun would be formidable.Maybe someone knows its maximum range with a scope,I am low tech dinosaur when it comes to technicalities,if it works and feels right--a lot of feels right--then I use it like a tool and dont get to involved,no self repairs or anything complicated.Al I really used that had any decent pop were the British and a 308 for my last few years of hunting.By the looks of the .50 guns available today and the accesories any determined shooter could become fairly proficient in very short order.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Bilky

M107 (mil version)
M82A1 (civ " )

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by one4all
I grew up shooting and hunting with a .303 British,it was and is the best gun I ever fired,and more than capable at all three core ranges,close-intermediate-and long range,and it carries a whallop.I used it on Coyotes,Deer,Moose ect from age ten till past 40 and it was perfect all round for that entire time,no kidding,tough as nails and very consistant and reliable.The darn shells are expensive,although at my age and level of involvment its irrellevant but back then it hurt to play around to much unless you enjoyed snaring Coyotes and skinning them smelly buggers for a few bucks.There are a lot of high performance guns hanging aroind if you know what you are looking for,my gun has its original sights and I hit many a long looper that you wouldnt believe,I dont know yardage but I know it shot to sight because as far as I could see a target I could hit it with that gun and many were looping and at the edge of the sights and my eyesights capabilitys,with a scope that gun would be formidable.Maybe someone knows its maximum range with a scope,I am low tech dinosaur when it comes to technicalities,if it works and feels right--a lot of feels right--then I use it like a tool and dont get to involved,no self repairs or anything complicated.Al I really used that had any decent pop were the British and a 308 for my last few years of hunting.By the looks of the .50 guns available today and the accesories any determined shooter could become fairly proficient in very short order.

Growing up I had a WWII vintage Mauser 9mm rifle I used for hunting deer and black bear. I loved the balance and minimal recoil, as well as accuracy. I wish I still had it.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join