It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korean leader vows strong action, despite the U.N. orders

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Typical Teenager. Like they ever listen and follow rules.

What did they expect? This is a child who probably has never heard the word "No" in his life, just like Paris Hilton. And here you thought Price Harry was evil from just saying it's like playing "Video Games in fighting a war".

You give a child a high position with real dangerous weapons and this is what you can expect. Rather than sitting back and playing his video games, he wants to test it out for real.

By HYUNG-JIN KIM | Associated Press – 2 mins 14 secs ago

news.yahoo.com...

SEOUL, South Korea (AP) — North Korean leader Kim Jong Un convened top security and foreign affairs officials and ordered them to take "substantial and high-profile important state measures," state media said Sunday, indicating that he plans to push forward with a threat to explode a nuclear device in defiance of the United Nations.

Then you wonder why people are so hell bent on Doomsday and Aliens.

Whomever is in his path.

Good Luck.

edit on 27-1-2013 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Nuke North Korea. Let's get this party started.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Well to be fair, N. Korea has always puffed it's chest... it's just a little more frightening knowing they have nuclear capability..

The new leader is someone I'm not sure how to judge yet .. sometimes he seems to want to flex his "muscle" and try to look powerful, but he also at times seems to want to bring N. Korea into the rest of the world... so not sure what to expect out of them... the way view N. Korea is as someone who's bipolar..

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

This is exactly the reason other nations like this (Iran) can not be allowed to attain this type of power. This is also the rebuttal for all the fools who say "but country x has them so everyone should". It's a shame there is little we can do about the situation now. Only China can, and since China pulls their strings, you can bet China has given them the go ahead to do this. Which is the rebuttal for any fool who thinks China desires peace and order.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeadSeraph

A proponent of killing innocent civilians...nice.

This is why the World is on the brink f a War to end all Wars. This is the exact thinking of Nazi Germany I seem to recall from history.

Please send a post card from the front lines. I want to see your party face.

Peace

Peace

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by jude11

A proponent of killing innocent civilians...nice.

This is why the World is on the brink f a War to end all Wars. This is the exact thinking of Nazi Germany I seem to recall from history.

Please send a post card from the front lines. I want to see your party face.

Peace

Peace

Do you think at some point N Korea becomes so unstable that pre-emptive action must be taken? Or do you favor doing nothing when they become completely erratic and hoping they don't launch nukes?

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 04:04 AM
link   
Sorry everyone, but I think I have to take the opposite view on this one. Sure it is a threat at the very least to South Korea and maybe further away as they get them developed, but that is what it is, a threat. So are many other countries out there. The only reason this is even being discussed is because they are not allies.

Look at it from his point of view for just a moment. He sees the allies as a threat from every corner. He sees the allies going in and systematically taking over countries that do not have nuclear capability or even a hint of developing them. I see this as just not wanting to get caught with his pants down when the big guns come rolling in.

China and Russia both have Nuclear capabilities and it has caused fear for decades, but the thing is that everyone knows it would be mutual destruction if they were used. Don't you think for just one minute that this fear of North Korea may just be propaganda? Seriously, If North Korea fired on anyone there would be no North Korea left and they know it. It is that simple. The U.N. is continuing it's assumed authority, it's global dominance, and it's one world agenda, and they can't stand resistance.

The double standards everywhere I look are really getting to me as of late. I even wrote a rant about it the other day, indecently, it is about the U.N. even. It went over everyones head apparently as I did not receive even 1 reply. I thought there would be at least one person to agree or disagree, but not 1. You can find it here: The U.N., huh, yeah, What is it good for? Absolutely nothing.

My point is, the U.S. is screaming for its guns and ways of protecting themselves, but at the same time denying another country of the same right to protect itself from the global bullies. I am not a communist nor do I agree with the life style that North Korea lives with any more than I agree with the way China does but unless they can have the deterrent there will be no serious talks about changing anything. Every time the U.N. enters a country with the intention of enforcement of the laws they themselves do not follow under the guise of installing Democracy( which is nothing more than making that country part of the system) they are only creating fear and death at their own gain.

How many civilians have died in this campaign, this supposed war on terror? Just guessing but the number has to be at least 3 dead by the U.S. and the U.N. to every 1 that was killed on 9/11 which is what this all started over. Enough of the bullying, enough of the assumed authority, enough of the vengeance, enough of the domination, ENOUGH OF THE DOUBLE STANDARDS.

edit on 27-1-2013 by Agarta because: punctuation

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Easy for you to say with that epic mask you got.
I want off this hurling rock covered with s##t

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agarta
Sorry everyone, but I think I have to take the opposite view on this one. Sure it is a threat at the very least to South Korea and maybe further away as they get them developed, but that is what it is, a threat. So are many other countries out there. The only reason this is even being discussed is because they are not allies.

Wrong.
www.telegraph.co.uk...

a new phase of the anti-US struggle that has lasted century after century, will target against the US, the sworn enemy of the Korean people

The reason it is being discussed is because North Korea specifically stated the US is their enemy and these tests are DIRECTLY aimed at them.

China and Russia both have Nuclear capabilities and it has caused fear for decades, but the thing is that everyone knows it would be mutual destruction if they were used. Don't you think for just one minute that this fear of North Korea may just be propaganda?

When did China or Russia publicly state their nuclear tests were aimed at the US? What if the US said hey China, we are targetting you with this one, and then detonated some nuclear bombs. There's a reason NO COUNTRY ever does that. N Korea now has.

The double standards everywhere I look are really getting to me as of late. I even wrote a rant about it the other day, indecently, it is about the U.N. even. It went over everyones head apparently as I did not receive even 1 reply. I thought there would be at least one person to agree or disagree, but not 1. You can find it here (The U.N., huh, yeah, What is it good for? Absolutely nothing.

I agree the UN is useless. We are talking about N Korea though.

My point is, the U.S. is screaming for its guns and ways of protecting themselves, but at the same time denying another country of the same right to protect itself from the global bullies. I am not a communist nor do I agree with the life style that North Korea lives with any more than I agree with the way China does but unless they can have the deterrent there will be no serious talks about changing anything. Every time the U.N. enters a country with the intention of enforcement of the laws they themselves do not follow under the guise of installing Democracy( which is nothing more than making that country part of the system) they are only creating fear and death at their own gain.

When did the US say they can't have guns? Some countries should not be allowed to have nukes. Point blank. It's like handing a convicted murderer a handgun. Like giving a rapist condoms and rope and saying have fun on your walk. The fact that N Korea is doing this is proof you are wrong.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 04:45 AM
link   
reply to post by OccamsRazor04

I feel we are going to have to agree to disagree on this one, but let me say this. The United States has been getting in their business for a very long time. That can not be denied. People think the conflict with North Korea ended long ago, but I can tell you from experience, it has not, it is simply quieter and more contained. That said, They are not stupid and can blurt out whatever they wish. The defenses of the U.S. would stop their nuclear weapons mid pacific regardless how far they can throw them and with only 5 or 6 or 20 they would stand no chance and they are fully aware of it. Your examples of small scale murder and rape are inconsequential as that person or persons would not be watched every second of every day, where the air space around the globe is monitored without fail, in many many locations, and with human eyes and tracking systems, also known from experience. Nothing happens in the case of a rocket, aircraft, etc. that is not seen, not to mention the satellites would pick up the launch and calculate its direction and trajectory before it even left their little island.

Edit to add: My statement about the U.S. screaming about their guns has nothing to do with North Korea but has everything to do with being able to defend ones self which is how it refers to North Korea. They talk the talk but would never take the chance of acting out.

edit on 27-1-2013 by Agarta because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 04:49 AM
link   

I feel we are going to have to agree to disagree on this one, but let me say this. The United States has been getting in their business for a very long time. That can not be denied. People think the conflict with North Korea ended long ago but I can tell you from experience it has not it is simply quieter and more contained.

Uninformed people may think that. The war never ended, we simply have a cease-fire.

That said, They are not stupid and can blurt out whatever they wish. the defenses of the U.S. would stop their nuclear weapons mid pacific regardless how far they can throw them and with only 5 or 6 or 20 they would stand no chance and they are fully aware of it.

Never understimate the stupidity of people.

Your examples of small scale murder and rape are inconsequential as that person or persons would not be watched every second of every day where the air space around the globe is monitored without fail in many many locations and with human eyes and tracking systems also known from experience. Nothing happens in the case of a rocket, aircraft, etc. that is not seen not to mention the satellites would pick up the launch and calculate its direction and trajectory before it even left their little island.

So if a murderer is being watched every second of the day is perfectly cool for him to have whatever weapons he wants? You really think that? I hope not. If you do ... look at my statement above again, it's been proven true.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 04:57 AM
link   
HERRO U BREAK MY #TY WA, I KEE YO ASS"

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by OccamsRazor04

I feel we are going to have to agree to disagree on this one, but let me say this. The United States has been getting in their business for a very long time. That can not be denied. People think the conflict with North Korea ended long ago but I can tell you from experience it has not it is simply quieter and more contained.

Uninformed people may think that. The war never ended, we simply have a cease-fire.

That said, They are not stupid and can blurt out whatever they wish. the defenses of the U.S. would stop their nuclear weapons mid pacific regardless how far they can throw them and with only 5 or 6 or 20 they would stand no chance and they are fully aware of it.

Your examples of small scale murder and rape are inconsequential as that person or persons would not be watched every second of every day where the air space around the globe is monitored without fail in many many locations and with human eyes and tracking systems also known from experience. Nothing happens in the case of a rocket, aircraft, etc. that is not seen not to mention the satellites would pick up the launch and calculate its direction and trajectory before it even left their little island.

So if a murderer is being watched every second of the day is perfectly cool for him to have whatever weapons he wants? You really think that? I hope not. If you do ... look at my statement above again, it's been proven true.

Thats the thing, it isn't even a cease fire. They just don't meet in the middle of the demilitarized zone they fire through it.

It will never be practical to watch a single person amongst our society so the next best thing is to take their toys away and or separate them from society whether it be a prison or banishment, but in the case of a rocket that can go for miles that is already watched so no extra work or financial payment is necessary.
edit on 27-1-2013 by Agarta because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by OccamsRazor04

Thats the thing, it isn't even a cease fire. They just don't meet in the middle of the demilitarized zone they fire through it.

It will never be practical to watch a single person amongst our society so the next best thing is to take their toys away and or separate them from society whether it be a prison or banishment, but in the case o a rocket that can go for miles that is already watched so no extra work or financial payment is necessary.

You avoided my question. Fact is we can all agree even if someone is watched they shouldnt have it. If somerhing were to happen to take eyes off them, too much could go wrong. You agree with me, you just won't say it as it kills your arguments over other countries, such as N Korea, having nukes.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 05:20 AM
link   

You avoided my question. Fact is we can all agree even if someone is watched they shouldnt have it. If somerhing were to happen to take eyes off them, too much could go wrong. You agree with me, you just won't say it as it kills your arguments over other countries, such as N Korea, having nukes.

I did not avoid the question and I do not agree. You are taking what I said about small scale events and applying them to larger event which I plainly expressed my opinion. But for arguments sake let me get this straight, of the thousands of locations on this planet, several hundred in this country alone(U.S.) that watch the skies and surrounding space and the dozens of dedicated satellites watching high risk areas that set off alarms you are saying that they could all fail at the same time and at the same instance North Korea fires. Well okay I suppose it could happen but at a possibility of 1 billion to 1 odds. You are attempting to stretch your argument in order to force me to change my opinion. I will tell you that I can change my opinion but you are going to have to do it better than you are now.

I personally would like to see every nuclear weapon on the planet added up and divided evenly among the nations of the World. Maybe then we can have peace.That's the thing though Nuclear weapons are not much more than a deterrent in todays day and age.

If you feel up to it, you may have noticed that I am a member of the debate forum here on ATS, denoted by my "Fighter" status, We could take this issue into the Debate Forum and let the judges decide who has the better argument. Let me know and I can set it up.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater

What did they expect? This is a child who probably has never heard the word "No" in his life, just like Paris Hilton.
You give a child a high position with real dangerous weapons and this is what you can expect. Rather than sitting back and playing his video games, he wants to test it out for real.

I couldn't agree more. This child tyrant is not of sound mind and was raised on the brainwashing that he is at the least a demi-god, and is surrounded by an administration of evil minions at his disposal. A spoiled brat with big nasty toys in his fat little hands that he can't wait to use to compensate for his other shortcomings.

Hopefully he sane enough to remember that if he pushes the button, he will become a big smoking hole in the ground.

I got shot in the elbow while stationed on the dmz, man I hate that place, the fire hasn't ceased very much since the 'cease-fire', even artillery shells would occasionally be lobbed at us. The air constantly sickly smells of wet burned charcoal and dead fish, (because they air-dry fish and octopus on their tin roofs.)

edit on 27-1-2013 by Lonewulph because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 08:07 PM
link   

I personally would like to see every nuclear weapon on the planet added up and divided evenly among the nations of the World. Maybe then we can have peace.That's the thing though Nuclear weapons are not much more than a deterrent in todays day and age.

No, then we would have nuclear war for sure. That's like saying give everyone on the planet a gun and no gun would ever be fired. The more in the world there are the greater chance non governmental groups would get their hands on them and use them. This is what Kissnger says.

"The danger is that we could be reaching a point where nuclear weapons would become almost conventional, and there will be the possibility of a nuclear conflict at some point... that would be a turning point in human history," he said.

www.bbc.co.uk...

Pretty much exactly what I believe. The more countries that have nuclear weapons the greater the risk one is used. That could have a terrible chain reaction and literally destroy the world. Your view is worse than wrong, worse than dangerous, it's downright apocalyptic, and could lead to the end of the human species.

As far as debating, there is no point to take it to the debate forums. I will say my piece, you won't care about anything I say, counter with your opinion, and nothing will be gained. Anyone who thinks EVERY nation should have nukes does not come to that conclusion based on evidence, or on logic, but on feelings. I am not interested in debating feelings.
edit on 27-1-2013 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 03:28 AM
link   

No, then we would have nuclear war for sure. That's like saying give everyone on the planet a gun and no gun would ever be fired. The more in the world there are the greater chance non governmental groups would get their hands on them and use them.

You are probably right in that we would end up in nuclear war because some idiot would take money over protection and some other idiot would push the button for no other reason than to "Get this party started" (I will address this further down in this post) I was going on the basic understanding of a responsible government not the idiocy of an individual, but the point is that if everyone had the deterrent there would be no invasions. Look toward history to see this. What nuclear capable countries have been invaded and how many nuclear capable countries have done the invading?

As for your gun example you are again dropping your argument into small time basics. Guns fire rounds that do not kill the person that fires the gun, strap on bombs kill the person wearing them and the local area, nuclear weapons level cities so please refrain from lessening your argument. There is no comparison. You are trying to compare a BB to a million bowling balls. Anyone can flip a safety and pull a trigger, not just anyone can arm and detonate a nuclear weapon much less the programing of the flightpath, activation and launching an ICBM not to mention it cant be just slipped under you coat.

You are seriously quoting and following Kissinger? Not only did he play a major roll in putting us in the position we are in today, a member of the Bohemian Grove and the Bilderberg Group, but he is also wanted by the World Court for crime against humanity. He is a War Monger plain and simple. His job is spreading fear and lies. Seriously? That's almost as bad as quoting Hitler and justifying his purpose. I can never take your opinion seriously again if that is honestly who you follow.

As far as debating, there is no point to take it to the debate forums. I will say my piece, you won't care about anything I say, counter with your opinion, and nothing will be gained. Anyone who thinks EVERY nation should have nukes does not come to that conclusion based on evidence, or on logic, but on feelings. I am not interested in debating feelings.

As stated above look at the history of the World since the last use of nuclear weapons in WWII. Who of the Nuclear capable countries have been invaded? Who of the the nuclear capable countries have done the invading? Anyone that has nuclear weapon capabilities is talked to not invaded. Take for example the Israeli attack on the U.S.S. Liberty. Israel has been paying off politicians to keep it quiet and just now apologized for as "just business". Did the U.S. launch a counter attack for the 34 deaths and 171 injured? No. Did the U.S. drop relations? No. Did the U.S. rally the people against Israel? No. Why? Because they are Nuclear capable. Instead they talked about it and sloughed it off like it never happened.

This is not based on feelings/emotions what so ever, it is based on looking at the historical evidence of nuclear capable countries and their actions against non-nuclear capable countries, the desire of the super powers to defend and not give up their dominance of the World, and lastly, my opinion on the use of nuclear deterrents in the World today. Maybe you should refrain from the debate forum as you have clearly shown you are incapable of maintaining a debate outside petty examples and low cuts in the attempt to discredit.

I have no fear of ICBMs or who has them. I honestly believe they will not be used unless it is orchestrated by the super powers in the attempt to further their agenda and there is nothing anyone can do about it if that is the course they choose to take. In fact, I think it is highly probable it will come to this for the purpose of population thinning and it is people like Kissinger that will be behind the action. Don't get me wrong, I do fear nuclear devices outside the scope of ICBMs because they can be put in the back of a white mini van and parked just about anywhere and that is what we need to focus on. The radical groups that get their hands on and build dirty bombs, not what country is developing what will end up being nothing more than a deterrent, unless the super powers are behind the action hidden behind closed doors. That said, I am glad to see that North Korea is openly developing nuclear ICBMs, it would make me more nervous if they were developing the smaller weapons in secret to place in the above mentioned white mini vans.

top topics

join