It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why would the powerful church allow Dan Brown to publish his stories if their we're truth to them?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 12:04 AM
link   
I am curious about this. In theory doesn't both the church and the conspiracy theorist's evil organizations have control of the media and laws.

If so, why would they allow Dan Brown to not only publish a book about it, but also get a MOVIE, made about it?
I have a background knowledge the ways white supremacy work against colored people in the media, and how they control the media big time and won't allow any motivational movies to be made for colored people besides "hood movies".

Well with power like that over what can get made into a movie, why would they let Dan Brown make a movie about religious conspiracy if it had stuff in it that they didn't want people to know?

Many people learned about why the Illuminati are from those movies of his. If there were so secret and powerful, why would they allow this?

Perhaps it's the ultimate diversion.

While conspiracy theorist search for clues of an Illuminati, the real evil hides behind a different name, and let that false target get all the attention.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Are there people that actually think there is truth to the Dan Brown novels? I always assumed everyone understood that it was fiction.. not being mean, just didn't know anyone actually believed them to be non-fiction... though I guess I'm not surprised at that notion
edit on 1/27/2013 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Well," if any of it were true" :@: , than i suppose they would much rather not touch the issue , cause that alone would raise a red flag , what better way then to just ignore it all and know that it too shall pass ?

edit on 27-1-2013 by LightningStrikesHere because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by miniatus
Are there people that actually think there is truth to the Dan Brown novels? I always assumed everyone understood that it was fiction.. not being mean, just didn't know anyone actually believed them to be non-fiction... though I guess I'm not surprised at that notion

The fictional part of the novels isn't what I was referring to.
Was talking about the conspiracy side of the novels. Remember the Illuminati were mentioned in it. The whole Leonardo code was mentioned in it.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by LightningStrikesHere
Well," if any of it were true" :@: , than i suppose they would much rather not touch the issue , cause that alone would raise a red flag , what better way then to just ignore it all and know that it too shall pass ?

edit on 27-1-2013 by LightningStrikesHere because: (no reason given)

But why draw attention to it in the first place, if it were true?
If these evil powers had control over the media, why would they allow Dan Brown to make stories and movies that would bring attention to the subject that they want buried?

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 12:22 AM
link   
I'm awfully glad I had the pleasure of catching Dan Brown's books on audio long before anyone made movies and the notion started that they were more than excellent novels. Taken that way, I really enjoyed them. Dan Brown himself hadn't suggested it was anything BUT fiction. At least back when I'd read them and up to the release of the first movie. If he ever said otherwise, I missed it?

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by knightsofhonor

Originally posted by miniatus

The fictional part of the novels isn't what I was referring to.
Was talking about the conspiracy side of the novels. Remember the Illuminati were mentioned in it. The whole Leonardo code was mentioned in it.

Ah .. well yeah I suppose there are elements of it that are pulled from "legitimate" conspiracy and history... I suppose I would agree with the poster above me ^^ in that case.. if there were any truth to it .. ( or not ) .. the best solution for the church would be to just ignore it because otherwise people would be more likely to believe it to be true anyway.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Illuminati conspiracies and Vatican conspiracies are well known. He isn't doing anything special.
edit on 27-1-2013 by WaterBottle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Because the truth is the truth and the lies are lies.

If he publishes the truth he's doing them a favor, spreading the truth, If they are lies what do they care.

They know the truth, why should you if you weren't there.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by knightsofhonor

Not exactly sure where you have been living but its not on the same earth I live on....here is a short list of motivational movies with blacks in mind....

Color Purple
RAY
BRIAN’S SONG
A Raisin in the Sun
Hotel Rwanda

As I stated that is just a short list...there many many more...some of the best action movies with actual plots were made during the 70's with Bill Cosby and Sidney Poitier....these movies were mad and produced by African Americans and stand today as some great comedies and great dramas....it seems you are a little short sited in blaming Hollywood especially with your inside knowledge...

HA...nothing to you whole thread as the Dan Brown books are just that works of fiction....no claims other than from folks like yourself who live in an alternate reality and claim them to be real.....like a lot of people and the Matrix...ITS A MOVIE....but people latch onto it and claim its real....the reason the hood movies have been made is because little white wanna be gangsters pay millions to go and watch that crap...and you have wanna be rappers that think they are gangsters so they have to create the impression they are with stupid movies that people like you believe are real.

Stop living in fantasy land and blaming and claiming because you have no insider contacts....you don't even have Google apparently to look up all the movies made by Hollywood...get real

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 12:46 AM
link   
In 'Angels and Demons' the film discredited the idea of the Illuminati being active today. That would work in favor of a "real" Illuminati. I'm in no way endorsing any truth to a present day Illuminati, but if they did exist, this movie would help to make any theory based on them sound outlandish.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Anyone can see Dan Brown's work is not based in reality. He even says so himself. He claims he has no idea why anyone thinks it's true because he never meant to mislead anyone into believing that (which is a lie of course). In fact, there is nothing new about his work, he stole all his ideas from others.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by OccamsRazor04

Anyone can see Dan Brown's work is not based in reality. He even says so himself. He claims he has no idea why anyone thinks it's true because he never meant to mislead anyone into believing that (which is a lie of course). In fact, there is nothing new about his work, he stole all his ideas from others.
the point is totally going over your head. Many people learned about Illuminati from Dan Brown stories. Hepis story brought attention to that organization. Well if they were real, and are as secretive and evil and powerful as conspiracy theorist say they are, why would they allow this man to make a book and popular mainstream movie about stuff they don't want the masses to know about or question?

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 04:58 AM
link   
Dan Brown didn't expose anything new, he just collected a few strands of legend and put them together. To make a fuss would just add credence to his work. People who are interested would hopefully read a bit further than the headlines that dan brown highlights and see that there are two sides of his sensationalism

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 08:15 AM
link   
It's called disinformation. Every good piece of disinfo has some truth too it but the majority of it is either false or distorted enough to lead one to the wrong conclusions. Rule #1: Why ignore a piece of truth and hope it will go away when you can spin a good tale of disinfo that will keep people guessing.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 10:42 AM
link   

I have a background knowledge the ways white supremacy work against colored people in the media, and how they control the media big time and won't allow any motivational movies to be made for colored people besides "hood movies".

Ever heard of "Will Smith"?

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 04:22 AM
link   
Dan Brown took everything for DaVinci from the books "Holy Blood, Holy Grail", "The Templar Revelation", and "The Woman with the Alabaster Jar". He then took their information and wrote a poor detective story around it. The authors of the other books don't present the information as fact or even a conspiracy. It is presented as "alternative history" based on legend and their research. Most people don't know of these books and since it appears that Brown worked some grand conspiracy, the public ate it up as such. I own all of those books and some of the dialogue in Brown's book comes, word for word, from them.

For Angels and Demons, He simply mashed up various Catholic/Freemason conspiracy myth and added some moderrn day fears (CERN and Bilderburg). And once more, added a poorly crafted detective story.

He is simply doing what many authors are doing today . . . writing conspiracy novels based on "real" conspiracy myth. If it was planned as such (the proliferation of "conspiracy" novels), it would make for good dis-info because soon all gov conspiracies will be tied to fictional books!

However, in Brown's case his just stole. To make matters worse, when the spotlight hit, he tried to play it off as his research and that it was "true".

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by nerbot

Ever heard of "Will Smith"?

Well . . . I worked in production for 20 years and he is giving those in Hollywood way too much credit. Has the gov used Hollywood to get message out (wartime, etc) and is the MSM just a mouthpiece for the gov . . . sure. However, you would be better served equating the decision makers in Hollywood to the mafia, as opposed to the CIA. Can strong-arm their business . . . yes. Conspire to subjucate an entire nation/world for take over . . .

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 02:12 AM
link   
If there is any truth at all to that pile of, poorly written, hole filled, fictitious, sorry excuse of an assembly of the alphabet, there is a old adage that is tried and true: ignore it, and it'll go away. Why go on a rant about how "wrong" the FICTION AUTHOR'S book is, if it's right. All that does is bring more attention to it and cause people to look into it more, if there were truths to it, then the Catholic church cast the proverbial light on it themselves by doing this, not Dan Brown.

new topics

top topics

join