It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Koreans demand something greater than nuclear testing.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Isnt it interesting that North Koreans consider America and not South Korea to be their "arch enemy"?

I just read an interesting news item that sites an essay written in a North Korean publication. The essay claims that the North Koreans are demanding something even greater than just mere nuclear testing. What comes after testing?

The latest warning came after Rodong Sinmun, a state newspaper, carried an essay on Saturday saying that a nuclear test was "the demand of the people". "

It is the people's demand that we should do something, not just a nuclear test, but something even greater. The UN Security Council has left us no room for choice."

www.bbc.co.uk...

Not just a test but something even greater? What exactly is that? Nuking NY and LA?

China is in a great position having North Korea by their side. It allows China to play good cop, bad and crazy cop.

Heres what I would do if I was China. I would tell North Korea to attack NY and LA with nukes. I would give them some of China's new ICB's that can reach any part of America. I would say go nuts.

When North Korea does attack, China can save the day. They can invade North Korea..wink wink, and save America and the day.

No skin off China but America is left without its two major cities at a time when they are already basically bankrupt. Thank god for China right?

Somehow I dont think China will be involved in the early stages of WW3. But I think they will come to the aid of America when the time is right.

And again, what is even greater than testing a nuke? Im thinking launching a few at your arch nemesis. They have very long memories the North Koreans.
edit on 26-1-2013 by stuntmanbob because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Although its just speculation, i think you maybe have something here. I always thought it was funny how schools portrayed America coming in and saving the day/ its always darkest before the dawn. China can fill this role easily but why would they what is in it for them?

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by stuntmanbob

So giving NK the ICBMs, you think we wouldn't find out they were Chinese?

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by deadpool84
Although its just speculation, i think you maybe have something here. I always thought it was funny how schools portrayed America coming in and saving the day/ its always darkest before the dawn. China can fill this role easily but why would they what is in it for them?

With WW2 we saw America sit back and do nothing until it was clear that they could enter and take all the spoils. I think China will do the same.

America was very smart with WW2. They just sat back and watched for a long time. The American people did not care about England or Europe. America even made England repay them for the aid that America provided to them throughout the war.

Straight after America got the Reserve Currency and we all thanked them for it. Reserve Currency made them undisputed superpower for 60 years.

China will want a similar situation. One where the world see's it as a saviour and not a sly, self serving opportunist out for all they can get.
edit on 27-1-2013 by stuntmanbob because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 12:00 AM
link   
What have they had now? 1 or 2 true long range tests of missiles? We don't even know for sure how successful they may have been or not been to their expectations. To hit Los Angeles they'd need a miracle of luck and first try success that doesn't really happen outside Hollywood movies, IMO.

New York would take God himself since their nation would need to be physically moved for the range to work.

I *DO* wonder where that 'failure' of a satellite went to though and what it's doing up there, if it's still in orbit. What orbit and how often does it cross the United States? I hadn't been paying attention because it really looked like more junk from a viability test they may or may not call a success as well.

That little crack about more though... Well... That would be a bad bad thing to see pop as a high order detonation in orbit. That would be a REALLY nasty thing to do. Japan and Pearl Harbor might be forgiven in historian's minds, perhaps. North Korea would have topped it by a long mile in dastardly deeds.

Of course, that's giving them truck loads more credit than I think they deserve given the system of oppression and stifling any kind of creative thought they have. It's not the place people come up with really audacious ideas to pull a shocker for the world. (His Father and the Korean War notwithstanding)

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by XalienagendaX

Everything is made in China these days. They probably manufacture parts for the American military in China. Im pretty sure they do actually.

Im not sure the International Community would believe America. America can only cry wolf so many times.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 12:13 AM
link   
It is so easy to figure your location, even the blank ones... america bashing and smashing at it's best. Personally, I find this theory way out there, no gain for anyone, a chinese ICBM would be easily detected, no matter where it is launched from, Nk is just looking for more "free stuff" and sabre rattling to motivate. The mini nutcase is trying to impress the masses, and the morons will play the same game his daddy started. typical BS

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by teslahowitzer
It is so easy to figure your location, even the blank ones... america bashing and smashing at it's best. Personally, I find this theory way out there, no gain for anyone, a chinese ICBM would be easily detected, no matter where it is launched from, Nk is just looking for more "free stuff" and sabre rattling to motivate. The mini nutcase is trying to impress the masses, and the morons will play the same game his daddy started. typical BS

Could you quote the America bashing? Please.

Because Americans really need to stop this shout down tactic. I know you are not all liberals. What the heck?

And Im not so sure North korea cares about 'free stuff'' or sabre rattling. seems North Korea does what it wants because it knows the west is afraid of it. Kinda like Iran.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 12:24 AM
link   

This is non sense.
It's not realistic and not possible. We would know exactly where they came from, who made them. We can trace where a nuke was made by the radioactive material left behind. It's suspected NK can't make a nuke small enough for a warhead yet so that would have to be provided as well.

Also China isn't going to risk NK doing something else with the nuke. Knowing NK they might decide they want to put it somewhere else, or even sell it. Also China wouldn't risk NK botching it and nuking themselves (China's border) or the middle of the ocean.

China only keeps NK around because they like having the cheap labor, and the like having a buffer between SK and themselves. The US would likely shoot down any singular nukes and would retaliate heavily and China would be struck. It's not possible to pull something like this without the truth coming through, and NK would be so incapable that China would instantly be a suspect.

You've got no reason to worry about that. The only nukes I think are really of concern to the world rest unsoundly in Pakistan.
edit on 27-1-2013 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Mutually assured self-destruction prevents this scenario from being feasible. The reality is that once nukes launch the POTUS and Joint Chiefs only have a couple of minutes to react. That doesn't allow for a whole lot of rational thought. IE if nukes were coming from Asia we wouldn't respond with a surgical retaliation, tailored to the specific event - we'd rely upon predetermined and planned responses.

That would almost certainly mean that we'd launch a barrage in the general direction of China and NK - literally shooting with both barrels. China is aware of this concept, as it's the same way they'd respond if any missiles happened to head in their general direction from our general direction.

That, in a nutshell, is why China has a vested interest in controlling their upstart neighbor.

~Heff

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 12:32 AM
link   
How will China step in and be the hero if NK destroys NY and LA? If the North Koreans fired anything at the US, they would be nuked to extinction before you finish reading this sentence.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

Well I am glad that Americans can all agree that North Korea is no threat and of no concern. Same goes for Iran? Cool. I am looking forward to not hearing Americans cry about these two nations in the future..

But yeah, it is curious that they are saying they want to do something greater than test though. And China has only recently warned Australia to not get involved in WW3.

But America can pull off 911 then anything is possible in my opinion. Maybe China pays some terrorists to put a nuke on a domestic airline or two? There are missing nukes arent there? Broken arrows. Im sure China could think of something if they wanted to attack America with nukes but not get the blame.
edit on 27-1-2013 by stuntmanbob because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

Mutually assured self-destruction prevents this scenario from being feasible. The reality is that once nukes launch the POTUS and Joint Chiefs only have a couple of minutes to react. That doesn't allow for a whole lot of rational thought. IE if nukes were coming from Asia we wouldn't respond with a surgical retaliation, tailored to the specific event - we'd rely upon predetermined and planned responses.

That would almost certainly mean that we'd launch a barrage in the general direction of China and NK - literally shooting with both barrels. China is aware of this concept, as it's the same way they'd respond if any missiles happened to head in their general direction from our general direction.

That, in a nutshell, is why China has a vested interest in controlling their upstart neighbor.

~Heff

I wonder how many Chinese America could kill. China does have a population problem of sorts. Win win? Im thinking China could take more hits.

But yeah, Im sure nukes are not likely. Weird for North Korea to say they want to do something greater than test. I guess they can be confusing.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by stevenbond
How will China step in and be the hero if NK destroys NY and LA? If the North Koreans fired anything at the US, they would be nuked to extinction before you finish reading this sentence.

Well, I hope that China doesnt get the blame.

And America needs to adjust its response to this threat if their only answer is to nuke the hell out of all of Asia. It really might not be China's fault if North Korea has a bad day and decides to attack.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by stuntmanbob

Everything is made in China these days. They probably manufacture parts for the American military in China. Im pretty sure they do actually.

Im not sure the International Community would believe America. America can only cry wolf so many times.
no bashing here, nope, Dude, America is not afraid of Iran , NK or China, you think, along with the other superiors that we are weak and helpless, just prime BS. Now I am not going to sit here and debate something that is known fact, but broke or not, we are the first responders to the world and that is out of sheer power. Play it as you wish, tell yourself anything you desire, but when TSHTF, who do you expect to arrive first with support? England? Australia, NK? Iran? Canada? Dribble on please.......America is still here, deal with it.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 12:50 AM
link   
They can make their demands! Been done before, and all it equated to was empty threats wrapped in rhetoric. Kim Jong IL played the same game. Test their nukes, and while they are at? Make some more empty threats and give the world a middle finger salute while they are at. Their junk couldn't hit the broadside of a barn! Plain and simple. As for their generous big brother China?

They know better than to align themselves too closely with the kid king and his magic kingdom, North Korea. It would be bad for business. Furthermore, if China directly or indirectly involves themselves in hostilities with the US or any nation? There debt holding days are over! This is just more saber rattling from North Korea, and the MSM feels compelled to give them some ink and attention anytime the clowns open their mouths. It gets ratings! Dear Leader, Kim Jr., this is not a game of Call of Duty but real life. Just saying . . .
edit on 27-1-2013 by Jakes51 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by teslahowitzer

no bashing here, nope, Dude, America is not afraid of Iran , NK or China, you think, along with the other superiors that we are weak and helpless, just prime BS. Now I am not going to sit here and debate something that is known fact, but broke or not, we are the first responders to the world and that is out of sheer power. Play it as you wish, tell yourself anything you desire, but when TSHTF, who do you expect to arrive first with support? England? Australia, NK? Iran? Canada? Dribble on please.......America is still here, deal with it.

There were no weapons of mass destruction in Iraq. Bin Laden was in Pakistan. Thats crying wolf. Thats not me bashing America. That is the situation. Americas credibility is not the best these days.

And isnt it Americas stategy to "lead from behind" under Obama? Seems to be. Hardly the first ones in. That would be France these days. America are not first responders. Never were actually, think WW2....

And in my honest opinion America is afraid of Iran and North Korea. Im sorry if that upsets you. But its not America bashing.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jakes51
They can make their demands! Been done before, and all it equated to was empty threats wrapped in rhetoric. Kim Jong IL played the same game. Test their nukes, and while they are at? Make some more empty threats and give the world a middle finger salute while they are at. There junk couldn't hit the broadside of a barn! Plain and simple. As for their generous big brother China?

They know better than to align themselves too closely with the kid king and his magic kingdom, North Korea. It would be bad for business. Furthermore, if China directly or indirectly involves themselves in hostilities with the US or any nation? There debt holding days are over! This is just more saber rattling from North Korea, and the MSM feels compelled to give them some ink and attention anytime the clowns open their mouths. It gets ratings! Dear Leader, Kim Jr., this is not a game of Call of Duty but real life. Just saying . . .

Debt holding days are over stands out there.

Thats only if America can defeat China. Imagine how history will remember a nation that went to war with a nation it owed huge amounts of money to and lost. America would be the stand out joke of all of history.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Ok your opinion, cool. whatever, no bashing, Yes, Obama sucks, enough there, Iraq, 17 UN resolutions, mustard gas used on the Kurds in the north, after desert storm when he was spared from complete defeat, and denied inspectors access, sending trucks to Syria, whom has wmds now, not to mention what they did to Kuwait and it's people, yes we were the bad guys. Deny all you wish, the real truth has no agenda.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jakes51
They can make their demands! Been done before, and all it equated to was empty threats wrapped in rhetoric. Kim Jong IL played the same game. Test their nukes, and while they are at? Make some more empty threats and give the world a middle finger salute while they are at. There junk couldn't hit the broadside of a barn! Plain and simple. As for their generous big brother China?

Debt holding days are over stands out there.

Thats only if America can defeat China. Imagine how history will remember a nation that went to war with a nation it owed huge amounts of money to and lost. America would be the stand out joke of all of history.

What makes you think they cannot defeat China in a non-nuclear convential war? I am not doubting that it will be a costly affair. However, the US still has a blue water Navy, battle hardened military, next generation tech, and so on and so forth. There is still more to that equation that I have not mentioned when looking at force projection.

In terms of Chinese force projection? What does that entail? Harassing some monks in Tibet, using recycled Soviet tech, and China as naval power remains regional at best? Just my humble opinion of China as a military power. Sure they are clever at business, and have made great strides since the dark days of Mao. Still, lets not get to full of ourselves here, and look at realistically.

Sure China has ballistic missiles that can strike cities in the continental United States, but the US has the capability to render any Chinese city into a raging inferno as well. It sounds too me that we have found ourselves in a peculiar situation? Looks like a stalemate to me? Thanks for the reply, and your opinion is duly noted.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join