It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some insights on the "mark" of the beast.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 11:14 PM
link   
(If I say something that is right, then God has inspired me. If I say something that is wrong, then it is my own mistake.)

The mark of the beast is one of the most discussed subjects in Christian eschatology.
The reason why its a very important issue is because the mark carries eternal consequences. Unfortunately, besides guesswork and speculation, nobody really knows what the "mark" actually is. The only clue that we have is that it has something to do with a number, six hundred and sixty six... which is described as the "number of a man". There have been many theories attempting to solve the riddle of the "mark" and of these the Mark being a chip implant is the most popular one.

1. The "mark" as a chip-implant.
As of now, the chip implant theory is the most popular theory floating around.
I admit it has its merits, as the possibility of chip implant technology becoming part of a financial system is extremely real. So this theory directly addresses Revelations 13:17.
no one will be able to buy or to sell, except the one who has the mark

However, there are certain other problems, both logistical and ethical, with this theory.
A few of them are...

a) It would be impossible for one man or government to 'chip' every single human on the planet. Unless of course, the governments of every single country on the map agree to this system.

b) It does not factor in people unaware of Christian teachings on this matter. If the consequences of getting the beasts "chip" is dire, then it would be unfair for these people to be condemned to hell forever.

c) It would be unfair for young children who's parents decide to have them 'chipped'.

d) It would be unfair for mentally handicapped people if their caretakers decided to get them chipped.

e) We have uncontacted tribes living in remote rainforests with no electricity. They know nothing of eschatological matters and have no use for a hi-tech chip system. So the idea of them getting chipped and then facing punishment from God is unfair.

f) If the chip is deceptively introduced as part of a new financial program, it would be be unfair to condemn the families that may have opted for the chip only to meet financial requirements.

Basically, it would be unmerciful of God if He were to condemn somebody who takes the anti-christs chip without having enough knowledge of it or if he were unaware of the consequences.

So, what if the mark is something else?

2. Even the believers receive a "mark"
Its well known that the Bible teaches that the beast causes people to receive marks on their foreheads (or their right hands.)

And he causes all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:,

But one detail that is left out is that even the followers of God are sealed (marked) in the foreheads, as we see in these verses from Revelations.

"Do not harm the land or the sea or the trees until we put a seal on the foreheads of the servants of our God."
-Revelations 7:3

They were told not to harm the grass of the earth or any plant or tree, but only those people who did not have the seal of God on their foreheads
-Revelations 9:4.

So we see that people are treated in a certain way depending on the condition of the "forehead". If a persons forehead did not have the seal of God, then it would have the mark of the anti-Christ and he would face punishment. If the believer has the seal of God, they would be saved. In the end, the condition of our foreheads decides our fate.

3. So, why the forehead in particular?
This Koranic verse may offer a clue

"Do you see who forbids a servant of Ours (God) when he (turns) to pray? Do you see if he who prays follows the guidance and enjoins righteousness? Do you see if he who obstructs rejects (Truth) and turns away? Does he not know that God sees? Let him beware! If he desists not, We (God) will punish him upon his forehead - a lying, sinful forehead!"
-Koran 96:9-16

"Punish him upon his forehead"?

The term "forehead" simply represents the frontal lobe regions of our brain. This part of the brain is used to reason and make conscious choices.... including the choice to believe in or reject God.

The executive functions of the frontal lobes involve the ability to recognize future consequences resulting from current actions, to choose between good and bad actions (or better and best), override and suppress socially unacceptable responses, and determine similarities and differences between things or events. wiki

The individual would be making a conscious choice on as to whose side he is going to stand on. We either get the seal of God or the mark of the anti-Christ depending on our choices in this regard. These would be symbolic "seals" or "marks" on the frontal lobe, that people would have brought upon themselves as a result of their choices. Those who consciously reject God will in turn be rejected by God and "punished on the forehead"... by being made a target for the anti-christ. He / She will then receive the anti-christs mark which would identify them as those who are to receive punishment from God.

4. The role of the anti-christ.
The anti-christ or the dajjal is the second beast from the earth as described in Revelations. He would act on behalf or represent the first beast, which is an empire or a regime in the end times and will be the one who would cause the unbelievers to be marked.

The popular teaching is that he would attempt to conquer the world and portray himself as God. But the truth is that God is always in control of the earth, and the anti-christ would only be allowed to rise in order to test the people of the earth. He would essentially serve as an instrument to separate the unbelievers from the believers... who he would cause to be marked.

I could be wrong, but perhaps this verse refers to that very thing.
And when the Word is fulfilled against them (the unjust), we shall produce from the earth a beast to (face) them: He will speak to them, for that mankind did not believe with assurance in Our Signs.
-Koran 27:82

God knows best.

edit on 26-1-2013 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Interesting take on the mark. I have always thought of it similarly. Your thoughts or choices being the forehead, and actions or deeds being the hand. Receiving the mark in you hand or forehead means making your choices or performing your deeds according to God's teachings or not.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

This mark of the beast story and well the entire Bible; sometimes I wonder if it all has happened already; and that the Bible is really a history book.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 12:47 AM
link   

The mark of god.

What would be the mark of the anit-christ?

Star of David!

The third eye and the star of david were given to man from god aswell as the number 6. So was the number 5 as it represents man in shape of a star.

So if a 5 pointed star represents man. What does the star of david represent?

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 08:23 AM
link   

3. So, why the forehead in particular?
This Koranic verse may offer a clue

"Do you see who forbids a servant of Ours (God) when he (turns) to pray? Do you see if he who prays follows the guidance and enjoins righteousness? Do you see if he who obstructs rejects (Truth) and turns away? Does he not know that God sees? Let him beware! If he desists not, We (God) will punish him upon his forehead - a lying, sinful forehead!"

I had made this post earlier....on a different thread... regarding "disbelief".

Interestingly... I just found out that Hebrew also has the same words

Kufr = Kefirah ... meaning "negation of the faith" / "disbelief"
Kāfir = Kofer... meaning "coverer" / "unbeliever" / "a person who hides or covers the truth"

Could the "mark of the beast" be symbolic of peoples negation of faith?
The followers of Dajjal / anti-christ would have the mark in the sense, they willingly negate their faith. So nobody can be fooled into accepting the "mark".

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 27-1-2013 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 08:34 AM
link   

The anti-christ has on his forehead the letters K-F-R representing "disbelief".

If "disbelief" is indeed the "mark" on the forehead (front lobe)....could K-F-R (disbelief) be the same as the number of the beast?

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 08:37 AM
link   
The ideas you have in mind (forehead) are the mark of the beast. To be fore told (in mind) is to be decieved.

You can only know what is present.

Any mark or symbol or word is deceptive.
edit on 27-1-2013 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 08:44 AM
link   
The reason 9-11 is the mark here on earth...

When 9-11 happened and they grounded all flights. Nobody could buy any more tickets and the nobody could sell any more tickets.

The word "that" where it say "and that no man might buy or sell" is meaning flights. You have to remember that it mentioned caused fire to come down from heaven. Heaven is also defined as the sky. Revelation is about revealing what is at face value for something else. The fire that came down on 9-11 was the airplanes used as missles to attack.

In Rev 17 Babylon had the blood of the martyrs of a prophet. Substitue Jesus Christ written for prophet since in the islam religion Jesus was a prophet. You have to reveal, remember? So a name can mean something else.

Now you have to have the mark (9-11) when you go to fly because of the changings. The changes are apart of 9-11 here on out. You agree to the changings 9-11 is responsible for. In their right hand is another way of saying in their agreement. In thier foreheads is another way of saying even in their disagreement they still recieve the mark (9-11).
edit on 27-1-2013 by WarJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by WarJohn
The reason 9-11 is the mark here on earth...

When 9-11 happened and they grounded all flights. Nobody could buy any more tickets and the nobody could sell any more tickets.

The word "that" where it say "and that no man might buy or sell" is meaning flights. You have to remember that it mentioned caused fire to come down from heaven. Heaven is also defined as the sky. Revelation is about revealing what is at face value for something else. The fire that came down on 9-11 was the airplanes used as missles to attack.

In Rev 17 Babylon had the blood of the martyrs of a prophet. Substitue Jesus Christ written for prophet since in the islam religion Jesus was a prophet. You have to reveal, remember? So a name can mean something else.

Now you have to have the mark (9-11) when you go to fly because of the changings. The changes are apart of 9-11. You agree to the changings 9-11 is responsible for. In their right hand is another way of saying in their agreement. In thier foreheads is another way of saying even in their disagreement they still recieve the mark (9-11).

Buying and selling are dualistic.
The man who buys and sells is separate from the whole and this one is the beast. The one that is separated is divided from God.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Perhaps you're focusing too much on the mark... and not enough on "the beast"?

7.Satan represents man as just another animal, sometimes better, more often worse than those that walk on all-fours, who, because of his "divine spiritual and intellectual development," has become the most vicious animal of all!

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

9-11 was the beast's and Babylon's doing. He is mankind who had recieved the mark (9-11) by agreement or disagreement. They, not all, now buy and sell airline tickets, don't they?

Though we all recieved the mark with agreement or disagreement, not all of us buy or sell airline tickets. I myself don't like flying.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by WarJohn
reply to post by Itisnowagain

9-11 was the beast's and Babylon's doing. He is mankind who had recieved the mark (9-11) by agreement or disagreement. They, not all, now buy and sell airline tickets, don't they?

Though we all recieved the mark with agreement or disagreement, not all of us buy or sell airline tickets. I myself don't like flying.

Even though you're being sarcastic, you touched on an important point. 911 was very significant whether you believe or not.
On that day, the gates of "hell" opened up

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Perhaps you're focusing too much on the mark... and not enough on "the beast"?

The beast is who the anti-christ represents.
The mark, in turn is the number representing the beast.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by sk0rpi0n
The beast is who the anti-christ represents.

Christ is the image that is appearing 'presently' made of light.
The anti christ is what you become when you make an image of yourself in mind - doing this makes you a beast. Making images of yourself in mind (which is not here in reality), living in another time outside of presence, is the beast - who never ever existed. The 'me sense' is the beast. The 'me' does not exist. But the 'me' makes life miserable.

Return to where you are. Come to the senses.

edit on 27-1-2013 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   

You sound so right on the fact that those who don't follow the beast also receive a mark. So it definetly wouldn't be a chip. It made me think that God turned Moses' hand into lepracy and back to normal, we could easily receive a mark. It could easily just appear on your hand or forehead. Thx

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Oh, fick, I reread and got now it was in a dream of his, my excuses. I'll share the quote with him.
edit on 27-1-2013 by Angle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea

This mark of the beast story and well the entire Bible; sometimes I wonder if it all has happened already; and that the Bible is really a history book.

You are correct about the Bible being a history book. It is the history of this present race of man, from beginning till the end. This knowledge has been given to us in advance so that those with ears to hear and eyes to see, and most importantly, a desire to know, can understand what we are, where we are and why we are here, and what the end result of all this will be.

We are shown that there are only two paths to choose, and what lies in store for us at the end of each path.

Still a short way to go yet but the end is coming up fast. Time now to make the most important decision in your life. WHICH PATH.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea

My question would be, if you acknowelge the beast, would you manefest it accidentally/probably as it needs accolytes and human truisms spoken to seed and further define itself. No one should lightly speak on these things unles you as a brave enough human will confront the manefestation of the ever so wanting to inflict destruction upon you; that ONE which is never to be spoken of (as you give it power). If you add the Bible to the equation? Not so good.
edit on 27-1-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Angle

You sound so right on the fact that those who don't follow the beast also receive a mark. So it definetly wouldn't be a chip.

I had accepted the chip implant-theory at one point.
I still feel its a very valid theory, but some of the logistical and ethical problems it brings with it, kind of weakens it.

The "seal of God" and the "mark of the beast" are both placed on the forehead / frontal lobe region which is used to make conscious choices.
The seal or the mark may cause a behavioral change in people.
Perhaps this verse is related to the markings of the forehead.
Let him who does wrong continue to do wrong; let him who is vile continue to be vile; let him who does right continue to do right; and let him who is holy continue to be holy."

God knows best.

edit on 29-1-2013 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 09:53 AM
link   
I really think the image of the beast is something that results in demonic possession and acts of violence. For instance, Josh Powell, formerly of the Mormon church killed his wife and kids, and in the story it was reported that the gov't agencies responsible for his children were hounding him because he had simulated parent-child depictions of sex.

I think that shedding innocent blood after baptism is something that will get someone sent to hell, but there are other sins which lead up to that and I think felony downloading of illegal sexual content like Josh Powell had is exactly that. Why is it so bad? The same mechanisms you possess of self-control and self-restraint in avoiding illegal internet behaviors are the same ones that prevent you from being someone who victimizes children in person.

A person who avoids these behaviors by adhering to the guidelines of the 2257 statement which Josh Powell did not respect, I think is able to retain the Holy Spirit. I think Josh Powells activities were depriving him of spiritual protection against demonic influence.

I got a Ubee modem while I was sailing around. Specifically I was at Hilton Head Island in SC when I decided to get it. Disney's Hilton Head Island resort more exactly. I was at a coffee shop in Wilmington, NC and while there an Amber alert sounded and some white woman had abducted a young black child 100 miles west and her license plate had BEE in it. Withing two weeks of me speculating that the bee is symbolic respresentation of the image of the beast. Curious timing for this abduction with this license plate.

I think that Josh Powells activities before using an AX to kill his children is the reason why the bees were dying due to fungus. I think God was trying to send a message by later having a modem called the Ubee that worshipping the image of the beast as Josh Powell was doing in downloading felony sexual content depicting children, real or simulated, is essentially accepting the mark of the beast and receiving demonic possession ("tormented with fire in the presence of holy angels").

The fact that Google has a browser called Chrome is curious because Chrome is silver in color and Judas betrayed innocent blood with 30 pieces of silver. To me what Josh Powell was doing if he recognized his behavior and continued on without repentance knowing full well that his felony internet behaviors of possession illegal content was not much different than what Judas did.

I don't think that was what condemned him like the murder of his wife. But I think there is a direct relationship between his internet behaviors which could have been repented of, unlike the murder of his wife, being shedding innocent blood after baptism.

I think a lot of the recent murder suicides have been due to the internet. The guy who spray painted the V in Florida. There is a chip called a V-chip. Remember the old saying "chip on your shoulder". The shoulder ligament is called acromioclavicular. See the Chrome sound after the first syllable. How much do you want to bet the guy in Florida was doing the same thing that Josh Powell was.

When the guy at the theater who killed a bunch of people was arrested he called himself "The Joker", and the next day I was on Newsvine and a poster I had never seen before was called BabyJokerz. What do you think he was doing on the internet? Just a guess. It could be coincidence.

Also, in final note. I think a lot of these small, but powerful earthquakes have been divine warnings not to engage in Josh Powell like behaviors. Especially the one in Washington DC which cracked the Pyramidion (a representation of the Holy Trinity), because an application came out called "Shake Bee". But also earthquakes all over the world. I think that is why earthquakes have been increasing since the development of the internet.

edit on 31-1-2013 by Miracula because: Paragraph structure was not right.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join