It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Our 5-month old kitten is going to have an "operation" soon...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 03:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

I'm man enough to admit I would be very sad without my kitty. She follows me around and takes every opportunity she can to lay on my lap and next to me.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Mine too, even when I go to the bathroom.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Indoor cats, caged birds, docked tails, docked ears, All for the pleasure of convenience and esthetics. I think I am going to have my next girlfriends legs shortened and her head flattened. I need a place to rest my beer.

What you say that's cruel? To bad, she will still love me because I feed her and give her a warm place to sleep.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mamatus
Indoor cats, caged birds, docked tails, docked ears, All for the pleasure of convenience and esthetics. I think I am going to have my next girlfriends legs shortened and her head flattened. I need a place to rest my beer.

What you say that's cruel? To bad, she will still love me because I feed her and give her a warm place to sleep.

I agree with most of what you say, other than indoor cats. My cats are indoor cats. I ensure they have toys and 'trees'. It's a tradeoff. There are benefits to them being outdoors. There are also hazards. There is also liability, if your cat gets into a fight with a dog or another cat, you are responsible. If a dog on a leash leaps towards your cat, and your cat goes into self defense mode and scratches the dogs face and hurts it, you are 100% responsible, and it could end up costing you many thousands of dollars.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Cats are easily entertained. Get an empty box and see how much fun they have with such a simple object. A rolled up ball of foil or paper and they go nuts batting and chasing it around. There are indoor cat climbing furniture, feather and other toys.

I have had neighbors lose their cats by being run over by cars. My sisters cats are indoor/outdoor cats and constantly get some sort of sap all over their fur and it's matted and needs to be groomed often. We have had cases of rabies around here. They are safer inside and content themselves with many things.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by EllaMarina

it actualy can harm the cat, it is the equivilant of removing the up to the first joint from the tip of a finger in humans. as well the claws are important for the cat to bury its waste in a litter box without that it will actualy cause pain to the cat to use a litter box. the claws are also used to help cats stretch. so you should try to convince them not to do it

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join