It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush and Big Oil

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Bush does have ties to big oil. Most do know this I am sure. But how much is big oil blocking the way for things like hydrogen technology? Most of Bush officials that over see puble lands have ties to the extraction industry, and the energy policy was written behind closed dorrs with representives from only the fosel fuel industry. I know we need the oil and fosel fuels, but if big oil controls our energy policy, will we ever see hydrogen technology, or other alternative fules?

any other thoughts?

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 06:49 PM
link   
With oil stuck at $50+ barrel and over $35 for so long George has fulfilled his mission to his mates.

Enjoy.

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 09:04 PM
link   
sminkeypinkey,
unforchantly what you said could very well be true.

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 09:15 PM
link   
You are right about his ties with the oil industry......but the war in Iraq is about what currency will be used in the world market when buying oil. Presently oil is priced in U.S. dollars, Iraq had switched to the Euro which has many repercussions for the U.S.. If the world market switches to the Euro for oil the U.S. is in deep #. If you look the oil industry has made huge investments in the leading hydrogen companies over the past two years...they say to help the emerging technologies...I think to control that market.

Respects,

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 09:26 PM
link   
1amc,
It is interesting that the oil industry has been investing in hydrogen compines. I am sure they are glad to get the capital, but I also agree in the end it will be to control them. Who know, they might even be steering the research in not quite the right direction. But that does make me rember the roomers of the 70 mpg or so carbarator in the 70s. It never made it to the public, thanks to big oil.

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Red Golem
1amc,
Who know, they might even be steering the research in not quite the right direction.

That is interesting indeed. if the oil companies are putting money into other types of energy research wouldn't it be possible they could creat a situation where by these types of energy would be 'innefficient' keep that old oil monopoly rolling.

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 12:39 AM
link   

1amc,
It is interesting that the oil industry has been investing in hydrogen compines. I am sure they are glad to get the capital, but I also agree in the end it will be to control them. Who know, they might even be steering the research in not quite the right direction. But that does make me rember the roomers of the 70 mpg or so carbarator in the 70s. It never made it to the public, thanks to big oil.

no rumors there, it was called the Fish Carbuerator(sp?), and it was bought by a major oil company and supressed.

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by twitchy

1amc,

no rumors there, it was called the Fish Carbuerator(sp?), and it was bought by a major oil company and supressed.

Could you elaborate on this a little? Sounds really interesting and I wouldn't mind having a look at what it si all about.

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 01:49 AM
link   
It only had three or four movable parts, and was super-efficient.
www.boni.com...
And don't let the web fool you, this thing has been around since the 60's.
Even Uncle Sam gets in on the invention supression game from time to time, especially when it comes to oil money...
www.fortunecity.com...
www.handpen.com...
befreetech.com...

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Twitchy,
Thanks a lot for the info on the carborator. I did not know for sure what it was called, but now I will be able to use the references that you posted, thanks again.

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Big oil is investing in "Hydrogen" because a very good, efficient, fuel cell, runs on Natural Gas. I have recently installed several units for a local university. Using "fossil" fuels to run fuel cells in this case is very cost effective. So Big oil is investing in future market share, thats all.

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 07:27 AM
link   
DrHoracid,
I am glad that the systems you have installed are cost effective. But to really have a clean Hydrogen system, we need to use a renewable sorce to breake the H2O bonds. The idea is that big oil will never let us get away from our dependancy on sossil fuels. And so long as they are running out national energy policy, it seems this will be the case.

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 07:31 AM
link   
The system is clean, a catalyst system strips off hydrogen from the hydrocarbons in the natural gas. The unit is very, very clean. If one captures the thermal heat (steam) the efficiency is approx 86%. This system will have "legs" and walk right into you home soon.

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 08:29 AM
link   
DrHoracid,
I was makeing the point of trying to get away from the use of fossil fuels, which that would mean the natural gas as well. But I am not farmiler with the system you are talking about. So could you please post a link so I can read on it a little bit?

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Thanks for that info guys, really appreciate it.

I understand that government wants to keep oil in the game, but they have to realise it aint going to be round forever. But I guess as long as they can use it and their kids are safe, the next generation can deal with it

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Disaster,
Yes although what you say is true, I think it goes deeper then that. It is still around but the suply is haveing trouble with the demand. You could take that statment about a million different directions if you wanted to, but the point is that is what gives big oil the wealth to keep it that way. The higher the price, the more proffit they get, the more power through the wealth they have to keep things that way. That is the point of this thred. With big oil controling the energy policy of this country will we ever see other technology, such as hydrogen, come into being?
The big oil speculaters have already gambled on it. Many have bought oil for future reasale in several years. One has already said we will see $60 a barrel before we will $40. So far he has almost been right.

new topics

top topics

join