Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

The odd abilities I cannot understand

page: 1
7
<<   2  3 >>

log in

join

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   
This is list form.
This is not BS.
These are facts about me that I do not understand.

> Adopted from Texas
> My whole life has included a high amount of financial resources
> I display an ability to be amazing at anything I have put my mind to. If I have only been 50% committed I'm average, and if I'm 80% committed to something I'm usually the best; from academics to sports.
> Ability to disengage from situations, making decisions with limited emotion
> Sleep triggers a "reset" where any emotions, grudges, or negative thoughts disappear and are perceived (the next day) to be "from long ago"
> Ability to see all perspectives in any given situation
> Can intellectually out-debate pretty much anyone (obviously I need to know the topic)
> Everyone seems to want to be around me in person; Online and in texts this does not occur...but in person it's as if people's perception of me changes completely.
> This excuse has been heard from MANY people over the years "You're just __My Name__". My questions about this have yet to be answered. It's just a common excuse that people from all over the world have used to me (I've traveled a lot)
> I am constantly told I will do something great, change the world & be successful (by family, friends, random people)
> Everyone from judges, landlords to random people have shown an excessive care for my wellbeing; Judge voided my bail amount (the whole thing) because i couldn't remember my pin on the spot.
> Been forced to engage in sports & extreme exercise my entire life
> Been punished (no beatings) in ALL cases of me drinking, using drugs, or doing bad things [I've hardly gotten away with anything for more than a week or so]
> Surveillance on all "networked" devices I own/owned for my entire life
> In heat of the moment, I display odd fighting skills that I cannot do on command; I do not remember my fights.
> Direct connection to others as if I know what they're thinking (that's their words)
> Ability to manipulate all people for personal gain
> Ability to see events that directly relate to my life. It seems that when I am about to do something stupid, an event occurs that directly (and obviously) relates to my situation & steers me in the right direction. While engaging in positive activities, events are tailored to encourage me.

I do not understand these things. I am sure you do not either.
This is not a thread to feel special or get your "Oh my god, you're probably part of the Buttercup Program which is a secret Illuminati organization in Libya-based hostels that were moved to America on giant boats".

This is simply a place where I am hoping to find someone else that has experienced these types of things.
edit on 26-1-2013 by Ghostx because: (no reason given)




posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Some of us are extremely guided throughout our life, i myself am extremely intellectual coming up with ideas and thoughts that no normal being could ever fathom. I process information at extremely fast rates and always seen to find the truth in everything. Sometimes i wonder to myself "Why me". But i guess this comes at a price, my life has been filled with extremely debilitating experiences and constant struggle but i know in the ends it is all for a much greater purpose.


+1 more 
posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Newagekid2012
 



Some of us are extremely guided throughout our life, i myself am extremely intellectual coming up with ideas and thoughts that no normal being could ever fathom


Wow.


You actually validated the OP..


Shame on you.





posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 08:37 PM
link   
You just my be one of the luckiest people in the world, I can relate to your plight, as I have had similar experiences, not the financial part though. I have always put myself forward as a real hard a$$, I do come off as rather abrasive, either you like me or you don't, If you get to know me, you will find, I am one of the most genuine and sincere people you will ever know.



posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 08:38 PM
link   
I'm not saying you are completely egotistical in the negative sense, but your self-assessment is written in glowing terms. So you at least admire yourself. A couple of questions:

+ Where did you get your money? Did you inherit it or earn it?

+ How do you know, for certain, that you are being monitored?

+ Given all your abilities, what have you actually accomplished that is noteworthy?



posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 08:39 PM
link   
It sounds as though you are very fortunate. With loving and concerned parents to guide you and look out for you and encourage you in all you do.

May all the children of the world have your fortune.

Blessings,
Cirque



posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 08:48 PM
link   
are you the most interesting man in the world from the beer commercials?



posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Hmm....

Some of us seem to get really good bodies to wear thru this life; the brain works great, the hand-eye
coordination are top-notch, the face and hair and build is attractive, the stimulus response time,
brain-to-muscle is above average...all the fingers and toes are present, and some of us even
get an especially good immune system to protect that attractive and talented body from illness.

I wouldn't worry about it too much, you just got lucky, or blessed, or were deserving--depending
upon which philosophy of life you embrace.




Oh Lord it's hard to be humble when you're perfect in every way. I can't wait to look in the mirror cause I get better looking each day. To know me is to love me I must be a hell of a man. Oh Lord it's hard to be humble but I'm doing the best that I can.

Mac Davis



posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Shouldn't have mentioned it, now it is all going to end. Your life is now going to flop. Knock on the oldest maple tree you can find but Watch out for the branch that is now scheduled to fall on your head.



posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Assuming of course, the OP is 100% sincere in being a bit bewildered and seeking answers...

I'm no expert. Just another seeker in life looking for some of the same answers. Aren't we all? I would bring up two things after reading your list and then re-reading it.

First, look up the term Empathic at it refers to a natural gift and ability as opposed to the more figurative usage of the term. You fit it in a few points if you haven't heard the term before.

There is also another thing I'd mention and you sound a naturally gifted person, strictly going by the bullet points and not having more context to place anything into. I didn't even know there was a science to this until listening to a very long, fairly dry unabridged book across a few days about CIA case officer training. What they screen for and actually train when possible is the ability to read those 1,000 little things that everyone has about them which communicates. Inflection and tone ... the warmth/emotion some swear to see in the eyes of others .... the HUGE range of tiny facial expression changes .... body language and much more.

According to this, there are generally 3 types of people. The majority of folks who read a part of that as a natural thing and it shapes how a conversation evolves or changes direction if slight offense is given without it having to be said or noted by anyone. A minority of people who flat CANNOT read any of this and can blissfully blunder right into deeply offending people without ever realizing it...frequently. (sincerely not realizing it). Then the other minority of people who are naturally gifted at reading the whole big picture of signs, taken together, and dynamically adjust everything for real world personal situations. It's a real thing to read about though and I found it fascinating. Sounds like you may be in that third category and a good person too......since society calls a bad person with those skills a menace.



posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 08:58 PM
link   
To readers: I started writing this post BEFORE I read Wrabbit's post…So don't accuse me of just adding some more to fit his description of the third type of people the CIA look for.

I'm not saying you are completely egotistical in the negative sense, but your self-assessment is written in glowing terms. So you at least admire yourself.
I disagree. At a vocal level, I am somewhat conceited.
On an internal level though I am quite unhappy with myself.


A couple of questions:

+ Where did you get your money? Did you inherit it or earn it?
Money has been earned from jobs ranging from Lifeguard to drug dealer.
Most of my life I have been supported by my parents who are multi millionaires. I have not been showered with cars, but with the opportunity to travel around the world multiple times.

+ How do you know, for certain, that you are being monitored?
Monitoring has been noticed by me and admitted by my parents. I have spent a good amount of time in places where structure has been the norm and there has always been 'staff' around to hear all and every conversation no matter where you are.
Things that should have been kept private, due to location, have been indirectly referenced (via the theme) of conversations with others.

+ Given all your abilities, what have you actually accomplished that is noteworthy?
I have accomplished nothing noteworthy at this point in time. Many may be familiar with my academic, athletic and social accomplishments, but if the audience was spread to even just a state-wide population then I would not be seen as above average.

---
Most of what y'all have said, in validation, has rung true to me. Especially the comments about intelligence and unhappiness because of it.
I have an analytical mind that will dissect situations whether I decide to or not. At first, my stressed lifestyle brought me to conclude that my analytical results were only true when they had a bad outcome, for me personally. In the past couple years though I have simply noticed every possibility in social interactions & have not taken a course of action based on just one. If anything it has made me more aware, and sometimes thoughts in an original encounter come up again later; sometimes things happen and I think "I thought about this happening specifically"...along with about X other possibilities.

It has been very difficult being so analytical; If anything it has brought me to be unable to relate to those that I consider non-enlightened plus (key word: plus) without significant potential.


Addition:
In reply to Wrabbit's post.
I would agree that I am the third type, but only by learning. I think at one point I was offensive and did not realize it until after. That has changed, but I still can be offensive when I want to as I can easily disconnect.

I would agree that I tailor situations after reading signs, etc.
It is very easy for me to read the signs & tailor myself and the conversation so the other person is happy, impressed, etc. it is almost natural to manipulate others into anything.
For ex: My dad and me were discussing gun control.
Instead of making the points myself I pretended to be curious (but no knowledgable) regarding the downfall of the US economy.
I had him make the points (that I would make myself) through his own words, then related it to our current situation with gun control; Obviously this went in the direction I wanted to it, but it was easy for me to manipulate him into actually supporting the cause when he previously was totally in agreement with gun control.
He still is 'for' the ban, but I was able to open his mind by allowing him to think he came up with stuff on his own.

That is just one form of manipulation, but it's naturalness scares me.
lying is quite easy.
I often think "this can be good, but if I was on the other side I may be the worst person the world would see." Maybe that's conceited and exaggerated, but I think it's just another display of how there are polar opposites & that's what leads me to my desire to understand myself more.
edit on 26-1-2013 by Ghostx because: Disclaimer concerning Wrabbit's post + my reply



posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Everyone has something they excel at in life. Some people get more than one something. I see all people on this planet as unique and special. We humans love our independence and freedom, and there's nothing wrong with that. But our true strength as a species, lies in our ability to be interdependent and focused as a group when the need arises.

Maybe you should use the mental and physical resources you have to benefit others as well as yourself. Who knows what you could be part of accomplishing.



posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghostx
 


I am exceptional at any line of work that I have tried IT, Marketing, Sales, Management, etc. Also I have a really keen ability to "Game the System" however I see fit, meaning I see certain angles in situations were I can ensure I benefit without repercussions(Mostly). If I say that to someone they say I have a big ego, but its true! I wish I would have become a doctor or a scientist, I feel I would be able to solve any problem I would come up against.

I always say I can use my powers for good or evil, LOL, which I have. Good post! Wish I had the money thing thrown into the mix though!
edit on 1/26/2013 by Djayed because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Djayed
reply to post by Ghostx
 


I am exceptional at any line of work that I have tried IT, Marketing, Sales, Management, etc. Also I have a really keen ability to "Game the System" however I see fit, meaning I see certain angles in situations were I can ensure I benefit without repercussions(Mostly). If I say that to someone they say I have a big ego, but its true! I wish I would have become a doctor or a scientist, I feel I would be able to solve any problem I would come up against.

I always say I can use my powers for good or evil, LOL, which I have. Good post! Wish I had the money thing thrown into the mix though!
edit on 1/26/2013 by Djayed because: (no reason given)


You seem to be quite used to the markets & career world.
Have you experienced your talents in any other parts of the world besides that one specific area?



posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghostx
>I'm very humble and modest despite my overinflated view of myself


Oh, wait! That one wasn't on there
Honestly, you sound like A LOT of people. Some people are achievers and some are slackers. It's called be a human being. Just explore yourself and know yourself. There's more to discover!
edit on 26-1-2013 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghostx
This is list form.
This is not BS.
These are facts about me that I do not understand.


And all of this before you even reached age 18.


Judge voided my bail amount


Still, can't avoid courts though.

What's it like being so amazing?

I can only dream...



posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by NarcolepticBuddha

Originally posted by Ghostx
>I'm very humble and modest despite my overinflated view of myself


Oh, wait! That one wasn't on there
Honestly, you sound like A LOT of people. Some people are achievers and some are slackers. It's called be a human being. Just explore yourself and know yourself. There's more to discover!
edit on 26-1-2013 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)


I'll make sure to add it to my list

Yet, you and others seem to have missed the point of my thread.

This thread is to not boast, or anything like that. It is to meet others that understand these sorts of things. Exploring yourself and knowing yourself is a great tip - I'm here to share what I may discover and find some guidance on that journey; the motivation's all here.



posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghostx
 


Okay, I'm glad you have a good sense of humor too
Some people are just curious by nature and absorb everything going on around them. You and I are these types.

On the other hand, there are some who display no interest or ability in anything they do. I think it's just apathy, to be honest. But, to each their own and in their own time. It's just part of the the great diversity of humanity. Embrace it.

I don't really see it as a big deal though. Your "abilities" mean nothing unless you find a way to add joy to your life and to the lives of others.

I am very similar to you in some ways, I suppose. Especially the part where you said that if you don't put much effort forth, you perform average--but if you put more effort forth, you excel! I have found this to ring true with me as well. But I don't view it as any extraordinary circumstance. Perhaps we are just determined to excel, while others aren't.

Remember, the physical "abilities" are still exercises for the brain. I take up sports and other physical activities quite well and pretty quick. Same with academics.

Some people are probably just more driven (both for genetic and environmental reasons) to learn new tricks and retain them. At the end of the day, I have met a lot of people like this.

Get back to me when you write a critically acclaimed rock opera or start shooting webs from your wrists and I'll be more impressed



posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghostx
 


I welcome you to try some of your abilities out on me. Like the manipulation, debate, telepathy, etc. I'm more than game to sit down and see how some of your claimed abilities work. After all, when you just present a list, it does neither you, nor us, any good in helping to figure them out for you.

~ Wandering Scribe



posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wandering Scribe
reply to post by Ghostx
 

I welcome you to try some of your abilities out on me. Like the manipulation, debate, telepathy, etc. I'm more than game to sit down and see how some of your claimed abilities work. After all, when you just present a list, it does neither you, nor us, any good in helping to figure them out for you.
~ Wandering Scribe


Debate comes from passion, not request.
Manipulation is something I could do, but that comes from something you have, not something you want.
Telepathy is something I've not mentioned here. If you are confused about my talk about auras then that makes sense - otherwise I'm not sure where you got it from.

I'd be happy to show you some of my abilities, but to be honest most of these work behind my control. Manipulation is more in control, along with debate.
A lot of it, especially auras, is stuff that simply happens and I observe it; not do it on command.

--
Narco,
I've written 5 Operas, 4 plays, and caught some golden doves.
edit on 26-1-2013 by Ghostx because: Added Narco's abbreviated name so the last message makes sense





new topics

top topics



 
7
<<   2  3 >>

log in

join