It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Humans are the most inferior species.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 02:36 AM
link   
reply to post by SpearMint

So your point is specifically that human love is greater than other mammalian love then?

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lucid Lunacy

So your point is specifically that human love is greater than other mammalian love then?

I was replying to someone that said "it's the fact of our overall apathy and inability to love"...

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   
By that definition, you'd have to know every single species out there.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpearMint

Originally posted by Lucid Lunacy

I was replying to someone that said "it's the fact of our overall apathy and inability to love"...

I was trying to illustrate the great difficulty we have with loving life. It is greater than other animals' because we do not have to deal with our survival as directly as other species.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   
If you think about humans are the only species out of balance with the rest of nature. 99% of all other life on the planet is in perfect balance with each other. Lions and the top apex predators ONLY take what they need.

And you might say "well they cant communicate, we must be better" but how do you know they cant communicate with each other, they may have Telepathy down so good that we cant even detect it.

It also seams they have completely over come the ego, and it is fact that animals have emotions and feel but unlike us they don't have a need to ego trip.

Could we have things completely upside down? maybe we are one of the lowest forms of life on the planest, in terms of most evolved?

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Why do you think that the accumulation of knowledge is the reason humans have placed upon their existence? Most seem to think it's money and sex, or so it would seem.
edit on 30-1-2013 by MrUncreated because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-1-2013 by MrUncreated because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Jonro

I think we would agree on the level of awareness and capacity to feel in animals. But I don't think it's 'flipped'. In fact what you said

seems to assume there is something intrinsically wrong with being "out of balance".

That's what I was talking about earlier. We shouldn't shame ourselves for having human sentience, and the desire and drive for exploration and experimentation that comes with it. We arose from nature, just like the other creatures, so how can we be so certain there isn't a natural purpose for our minds? Whether it arose from evolution, or an earlier purpose of some intelligent design, we can't deny human consciousness is natural and existing in nature.

Hell, even thinking in terms of us being "out of balance" limits us to our planet. But why is that necessary accurate? When we don't fully understand yet the full scope of how connected and interactive the bodies within the Universe are with each other. Perhaps development of intelligence and sentience (such us ours) is an inevitably evolution that occurs to expand the scope of that 'balance' to include an environment outside its native ecosystem.

Or something. I dunno. Either way I don't view my mind as negatively as some seem to be. Also we can be much more 'in balance' in terms of being ecologically friendly we just need the right people in the right political seats, and enough public to support it.
edit on 30-1-2013 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Hi OP and all.

I have the feeling that "we" are here to experiece the "free choice" or the "free will"
to serve the self, or to serve the others.
And no need of religion$ to do that !

Blue skies.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by lobotomizemecapin

You just do not get it. Your attitude is exactly why the human race can't and won't survive.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by lobotomizemecapin

Talk about the most ignorant statement. Your comment is so anthropocentric it is nauseating. It has manifest destiny written all over it.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join