It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Southeast Queensland getting a battering again

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Just heard the news on my local radio station that Queensland is copping a flood again.
I'm located South Australia. We have just got some relief from the hot weather, we are down to the mid twenty degree tempertures from the high thirty's and forty degree scorchers.

There is nothing unusual about Queensland having rain this time of the year (it is their rainy season) what may be a bit unusual is the last time this happened was 2010/2011.
The floods reported are not as extreme as the 2010/2011 floods but have the potential to worsen.
Either way the residents would have to be pissed off, they would have not long cleaned up after the last flood (or would seem like)

www.heraldsun.com.au...

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   
so really not unusual if it only happened in 2010/11......don,t get it

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Yesterday there was a tornadoe.

Most areas will get 300 mm of rain int next 24 hours.

Some 400 mm

The news showed people camping... LOL...

Only in Queensland.......

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Tornados predicted again for today.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Currently stuck in the area with relations, luckily have the laptop to escape the screaming kids and oh yes have a bottle of scotch... watching the rain come, down on the Gold cpast.
And it is really coming down.
The ocean is absolutely wild.
There is going to be some serious beach erosion.
check out this link a live surf cam.
www.coastalwatch.com...
Please note if you are using no script you will have to allow all page.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 09:17 PM
link   
It got into the twenties here today and it's supposed to get into the mid thirties tomorrow. I'll have to go push the snow off my cars tomorrow.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by sparky31

It's not unusual to have rain at this time of the year in Queensland, what is unusual is to have floods of this magnitude a couple of years apart.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 01:03 AM
link   
High thirty degrees in (Celsius) In Australia, thanks for pointing that out.

reply to post by keenasbro

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 06:23 AM
link   
This is the freakiest wind I have EVER been in. Gusting to 80km + at the moment, with my beautiful jeep parked under gums, I'm jumping at every loud noise! We are I'm a suburb about 80ft above sea level, with only local flooding that drains quick, but the Mr won't be able to get into work until the roads clear, by their new flood maps. Cannot believe this is happening again! Its clear for a lot of us, the wounds from 2011 are still very raw!

I was hoping the floods could hold off maybe another two years, housing prices in flood affected zones will drop, and we aren't ready to buy yet! :p It was ok when it was every 30 years or so, but I bet people will sell up when it looks to be becoming more regular, but I grew up in west Brisbane and would love to stay in these areas, floods or not.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Here's an update

According to the Bureau of Meteorology, the river is expected to reach 9m this morning. Further rises, to above 9m, are likely later today or tomorrow when the river peaks. In 2010, the river peaked at 7.92m. In 1942, it was 8.59m

www.theaustralian.com.au...

edit on 27-1-2013 by keenasbro because: add txt

new topics

top topics

join