It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DHS wants 7,000 AR-15s

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarthMuerte

Originally posted by Mamatus
I am a huge fan of the 2nd Amendment. But I am going to take a logic stance on this one.

If the Military has rocket launchers should the citizens have them also?
If the military has M320 grenade launchers should the Citizens have them also?
Yes and Yes. We should have exactly the same weapons that the police/military have.

What a stupid statement. Are you downing in fluoride .

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by freedomSlave

What a stupid statement. Are you downing in fluoride .

Why is that a stupid statement? Until 1934, any law abiding American could own those items.

Where does the second amendment list certain arms we are prohibited from bearing? Our constitution and bill of rights spells out 'rights' not the lack there of. It limits the power of the Federal Government, not the people!

It is the scared (and in some cases – EVIL) politicians who try and force their morality on us.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by bjax9er

I listened to Diane Feinstein this morning and she was calling for Russia and China to join forces against the war on terror aka the gun ban in America, scary stuff. This abolishes the 4th.

She also talked about the Grandfather clause for some home weapons used for hunting, home protection and sport, but that as these weapons are handed down to future generations those individuals would have to be OKed by the Gov. before taking possession...
edit on 27-1-2013 by antar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 11:27 AM
link   
One more thing I found alarming was that she said households of gun owners where children live need to be closely examined as children by their nature are unpredictable... WOW.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mamatus
People need to keep in mind that the DHS also now includes the US Coast Guard. The USCG needs those weapons for drug interdiction, combating piracy etc etc.
USCG

I truly think they are not intended for use against Citizens.

Yep, and Vladimir Lenin was a hedge fund manager for Lehman Brothers too.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by WaterBottle
The AR-15 wasn't even banned in the last assault weapons ban so...........

so......... do you know what google is?

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by antar
reply to post by bjax9er

I listened to Diane Feinstein this morning and she was calling for Russia and China to join forces against the war on terror aka the gun ban in America, scary stuff. This abolishes the 4th.

She also talked about the Grandfather clause for some home weapons used for hunting, home protection and sport, but that as these weapons are handed down to future generations those individuals would have to be OKed by the Gov. before taking possession...
edit on 27-1-2013 by antar because: (no reason given)

Dianne Frankenstein is a prime candidate for retroactive abortion, and should volunteer as a matter of conscious so as to help save the planet from her carbon footprint that she personally contributes to global warming and the killing of whales, polar bears and the entire planet.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   

One more thing I found alarming was that she said households of gun owners where children live need to be closely examined as children by their nature are unpredictable... WOW.

Maybe she was talking about those children of the welfare state who live with crackheads.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mike U.
reply to post by bjax9er

I think the gun maker's should tell the DHS they will only sell them semi-auto AR's.
Also, they will only sell DHS 10 round mags.

If "assault rifles" are banned from We The People, then gun makers all need to stand in solidarity and tell any Traitor organization or department requesting firearms to go screw themselves and that they will NOT sell any such firearms to them either if the People cannot have them!!

America is We The People. And We The People are the ones who are supposed to be the boss, not Traitors.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thunder heart woman
They are getting ready for something

Yeah the "target practice" with blank rounds was rather telling. Somehow I don't get the impression they are practicing for "The War on Drugs" or the "Foreign War on Terror". In my opinion, it doesn't hurt to start preparing for the worst case scenario. I personally would rather be somewhat prepared then completely unprepared.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Mamatus

yes the us coast guard are now part of dhs but the us coast guard already are armed with m4s and have been for years. this isn't for coast guard and the border patrol was using them and shotguns for years so why all of a sudden they need 7000 more

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by proteus33

They're probably starting to standardize the equipment as while it sounds bad at 7000 weapons they could be just replacing older weapons with ones that can use NATO rounds so should they have to do multinational operations they wont have to worry about sharing ammo

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by JuniorBeauchamp

Maybe she was talking about those children of the welfare state who live with crackheads.

you mean banning drugs did not work?

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkphoenix77

Originally posted by Thunder heart woman
They are getting ready for something

Yeah the "target practice" with blank rounds was rather telling. Somehow I don't get the impression they are practicing for "The War on Drugs" or the "Foreign War on Terror". In my opinion, it doesn't hurt to start preparing for the worst case scenario. I personally would rather be somewhat prepared then completely unprepared.

Also, hollow points are not used for "target practice".

Hollow points are expressly made for the use of tearing through human flesh without exiting.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by bjax9er

Originally posted by JuniorBeauchamp

you mean banning drugs did not work?

Oh yeah, banning drugs worked just fine to make criminals within and without the government rich.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   
DHS is the forerunner of the STAZI like police forces of the future Amerika.
The very name ,DHS is a propaganda and conditioning ploy.
The world HOMELAND simply replaces the word VATERLAND or FATHERLAND.....in the true NAZI fashion.
The huge sprawling multi armed policing organisation has swallowed other organisations already, and will continue to do so till it is the SOLE policing agency......
The East German Stazi are a crude model of the kind of all encompassing police force that they plan to unleash upon you all......

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by stirling
DHS is the forerunner of the STAZI like police forces of the future Amerika.
The very name ,DHS is a propaganda and conditioning ploy.
The world HOMELAND simply replaces the word VATERLAND or FATHERLAND.....in the true NAZI fashion.
The huge sprawling multi armed policing organisation has swallowed other organisations already, and will continue to do so till it is the SOLE policing agency......
The East German Stazi are a crude model of the kind of all encompassing police force that they plan to unleash upon you all......

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   
this is nothing really, just like when they bought a couple million rounds of shatter on impact bullets to "practice" with people got all up in arms,

these automatic rifles are just for practice, so they can distinguish an auto rifle versus a normal rifle.... how are they going to take away your rifle if they cant tell what it it is ....duh

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Obviously, the same manufactures produce military grade weapons AND civilian versions. Any production dedicated for Government use takes away from civilian availability. This does look like what they are trying to do, just as they have tried to do with ammunition. Remember, when Iraq and Afghanistan were going full on, they attributed ammo shortages to that, now that that cannot be blamed for shortages, we see massive ammo purchases for every branch of Government.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by sprtpilot
Obviously, the same manufactures produce military grade weapons AND civilian versions. Any production dedicated for Government use takes away from civilian availability. This does look like what they are trying to do, just as they have tried to do with ammunition. Remember, when Iraq and Afghanistan were going full on, they attributed ammo shortages to that, now that that cannot be blamed for shortages, we see massive ammo purchases for every branch of Government.

That makes a good case for loading your own ammo.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join