I'm feeling a bit sad....

page: 1
10
<<   2 >>

log in

join

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   
I'm not looking for sympathy of any kind....I'm just sad right now.

Today is the anniversary of the day my mother died.

It's really hard to shake the memories of that day...

I truly wish i could....but, I can't.

I'm just feeling sad and I wish I wasn't......




posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   
I hear you. My dad passed away about 5 months ago. I've had maybe 2 or 3 good night's sleep since then. Nothing seems the same anymore. :-/

Like you say, things I can't think haunt me now and make me sad.

I offer..at least maybe a level of understanding.
edit on 26-1-2013 by Frogs because: added more



posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by MagesticEsoteric
 


Try to think of the good memories you have of her.

Also you should be happy for her even if you don't believe in an afterlife, because she'll always be in a better place.
There is no suffering there, she is at peace.



posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by MagesticEsoteric
 


Hold on to your memories - without having had her as your Mother you would not have the memories. I have known grief and it is personal, often private and always unique. The fact you are missing her supports the fact you love her and the love is always there.

It's okay to be sad but don't be sad for too long because your Mother would not want that. Be good to yourself.

Much Peace...



posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by MagesticEsoteric
 


It's ok to be sad. How you feel is how you feel. You can't help the way you feel.



posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frogs
I hear you. My dad passed away about 5 months ago. I've had maybe 2 or 3 good night's sleep since then. Nothing seems the same anymore. :-/

Like you say, things I can't think haunt me now and make me sad.

I offer..at least maybe a level of understanding.
edit on 26-1-2013 by Frogs because: added more


Sorry to hear that...I truly am.

It must be hard for you....dealing with something that happened so recently...

You will be in my kindest thoughts.



posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by MagesticEsoteric
 


It's always hard to have a parent pass. Sorry for your loss, and I hate to say it, but this is going to stick with you for quite some time.



posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by ssupp
 


Thank you.

I certainly try to keep the good close to my heart....

days like today though....well, they are a little bit more challenging.



posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   
These kind of anniversaries hit you twice a year, because the memories revisit when their birthdays come and go too. All we can do is be appreciative for the good times we had when they were with us.



posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by MagesticEsoteric
 


Thanks - and you will be in mine too. I honestly mean that.



posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Oh, hon. I'm so sorry.

I have no words of advice; just know you're in my thoughts. If you ever want to talk, I'm willing to listen

Hugs to you,

smylee



posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amanda5
reply to post by MagesticEsoteric
 


Hold on to your memories - without having had her as your Mother you would not have the memories. I have known grief and it is personal, often private and always unique. The fact you are missing her supports the fact you love her and the love is always there.

It's okay to be sad but don't be sad for too long because your Mother would not want that. Be good to yourself.

Much Peace...


Oh, don't I know it...she would be livid with me for even taking the time to make this thread. It was for me though..not for her.

I have to acknowledge her life and passing in order to acknowledge my own existence. I am who I am because she left this world so soon.

I wouldn't be who I am otherwise.



posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   
feel your pain,the anniversary if my dads death is upon me on feb 7th and it,ll be 12 years......point is i still cry at certain things in every day life that reminds me of him......it never goes away but have your cry then your smile when you think of the good times.



posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by MagesticEsoteric
 


It took me a while before I could think of my dad and smile or laugh even at a memory. Then I would think ah! now I've got it. Then before you know it, the deep sorrow is back. It comes in waves doesn't it? Just feel it. It won' t last forever. You are in my thoughts.

edit on 26-1-2013 by 1007532013 because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by MagesticEsoteric
I'm not looking for sympathy of any kind....I'm just sad right now.

Today is the anniversary of the day my mother died.

It's really hard to shake the memories of that day...

I truly wish i could....but, I can't.

I'm just feeling sad and I wish I wasn't......



Sorry to hear that, Mage. Boy, I tell ya, I will never go to another wake again after going to my mother's wake. Now, any time I think of her, even if the memory is of her from fifty years ago when she was young, my mind always conjures up the image of her in her casket from fifteen years ago. I HATE that!



posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by antonia
reply to post by MagesticEsoteric
 


It's ok to be sad. How you feel is how you feel. You can't help the way you feel.


You have NO idea how refreshing that is to hear.......

Thank you a hundred times over!



posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi
These kind of anniversaries hit you twice a year, because the memories revisit when their birthdays come and go too. All we can do is be appreciative for the good times we had when they were with us.


Twice a year at the least my friend....for me anyway.

You're right though, appreciate the good times we've had....what else can you do besides dwell?

Dwelling gets us nowhere....real fast.



posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl
Oh, hon. I'm so sorry.

I have no words of advice; just know you're in my thoughts. If you ever want to talk, I'm willing to listen

Hugs to you,

smylee


Thank you so much smylee......

I've always respected your posts on this site so, it means quite a bit for you to extend your kindness.

Thanks again.



posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by sparky31
feel your pain,the anniversary if my dads death is upon me on feb 7th and it,ll be 12 years......point is i still cry at certain things in every day life that reminds me of him......it never goes away but have your cry then your smile when you think of the good times.


Sparky...you will certainly be in my thoughts come feb. 7th.

Thank you so much for your kind words.



posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1007532013
reply to post by MagesticEsoteric
 


It took me a while before I could think of my dad and smile or laugh even at a memory. Then I would think ah! now I've got it. Then before you know it, the deep sorrow is back. It comes in waves doesn't it? Just feel it. It won' t last forever. You are in my thoughts.

edit on 26-1-2013 by 1007532013 because: (no reason given)


Coming in waves is very accurate.....the whole up and down scenario is very fitting




top topics
 
10
<<   2 >>

log in

join