It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Truth about the Ouija Board

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by cjttatu

Originally posted by Elq10000
reply to post by cjttatu

Here is the rest of the article, didn't want to place it all because maybe of some copyright issues but here it is anyway

thanks but i was kind of hoping for some personal insight,experience.

A friend of mine in high school went bonkers one night after a number of us sat around and played with one.

After a few minutes he got up and left. We thought he'd gone to the can.... we found him sitting outside on the lawn with 8 D sized batteries duct taped around his head and rolling up chunks of grass he'd sprayed with Lysol into a doob.

Not saying it had anything to do with the Ouija.. then again who knows.. he was a pretty strange feller

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by watchitburn

OK, thanks for this info. I am on ATS for quite a long time already, mostly just reading and following threads. Am not too familiar on how to do things exactly right but at least now I know this. Again, thanks

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by HIWATT

Originally posted by cjttatu

reply to post by cjttatu

Here is the rest of the article, didn't want to place it all because maybe of some copyright issues but here it is anyway

thanks but i was kind of hoping for some personal insight,experience.

A friend of mine in high school went bonkers one night after a number of us sat around and played with one.

After a few minutes he got up and left. We thought he'd gone to the can.... we found him sitting outside on the lawn with 8 D sized batteries duct taped around his head and rolling up chunks of grass he'd sprayed with Lysol into a doob.

Not saying it had anything to do with the Ouija.. then again who knows.. he was a pretty strange feller

thanks for the chuckle

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   

reply to post by homeslice

Well, the point of the post is that it strikes me as really odd (to say the least) that people actually put their believes into a commercial item, because that is pretty much all a ouija board is, a commercial board game

Just a board game? I once used a divining rod that located a oija board in the woods. I cleaned it, but while rubbing some polish on it, a genie popped up and granted me three wishes. One of my wishes was that I wanted a special woman to fall madly in love with me. Before going to see this woman, I brushed my hair, but the brush flew out of my hand and broke the mirror - 7 years of bad luck! This bad luck turned my woman into a unicorn and flew away. And then the spirit of the Virgin Mary appeared before me to say that her son was upset with me for believing in something as silly as divining rods. What a day THAT was!

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   
The Ouija board is a good tool for communicating with your subconscious, and/or group consciousness. In and of itself, it is nothing more than wood and plastic. Imagining it as having a life of its own, and projecting ones fears onto it, is what causes all the things people fear in using it. It's like a group of people creating their own horror movie.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

What a day THAT was!

Jigger, you crack me up sometimes.
2nd line same as first.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Klassified
The Ouija board is a good tool for communicating with your subconscious, and/or group consciousness. In and of itself, it is nothing more than wood and plastic. Imagining it as having a life of its own, and projecting ones fears onto it, is what causes all the things people fear in using it. It's like a group of people creating their own horror movie.

Surely that would mean something would be possible without the board,although i don't doubt a focal point would be handy,never tried it myself i don't know anyone willing

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 08:13 PM
link   

reply to post by HIWATT

Not so. I of course copy pasted it into ATS but I think the author has a point. It is just a board game for as far as I am concerned and not a gateway to hell or a means of communicatinmg with dead folk. Or what ever
I'd personally hope people would do their own due diligence and research at more than one source before making a decision to use a Ouija or not. It's all just a board game . . . until it works. Then it's a nightmare unless someone knows what they're doing, and that's no 100% sure fire thing to be safe and effective.

There are numerous threads here with people relaying their first hand direct experience with using a Ouija and how they've been both positive and exceptionally negative experiences depending on situation and person.

It's worth spending some time in old forum messages to check all that out. Member experience is always worth noting, especially when the same things repeat from different members and across years of time, as it does here.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

Intellectually speaking, I totally get the logic of what you are saying.

The thing is, even before I understood what it really did, I was reticent about it...

I found one in a closet of my Grandma's house when I was 8 or 9 years old. Curious, I fiddled with it, not knowing what in the world it was. Later that night, I refused to even sleep in the same room with it, never even having had a demonstration or an explanation about it.

After that I knew what it was called but it was not until many years later that I understood what it was supposed to do.

To this day, I do NOT mess with them and I'm not really into the paranormal, I mostly steer clear of the subject.

edit on 1/26/2013 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by cjttatu

Sure it's possible without the board. It just takes a little self training, and a willingness to learn how to recognize the voice of the subconscious mind. You can do it without anything. However, most people like to use an aid of some kind. A pendulum, a pencil on a string, Ouija, and so on.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by cjttatu

not sure where your from but it isn't banned
around here.
As a matter of fact i think they just recently came out with a glow in the dark board.
edit on 07/16/2009 by Lichter daraus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

Interesting. I've always believed, even when I was a Christian that the mind was a powerful thing, and I think the Ouija board has a way of bringing out peoples innate subconscious fear of the unknown. I have messed with Ouija boards by myself, and in groups several times. I've only had one experience that stuck with me, and that was when I saw the planchette move by itself after the group had removed their hands.

Personally, I believe it was just the psychic energy of the group in the vacinity. But it scared the crap out of everyone else.

ETA: I should add, the distance it moved by itself was negligible. We're talking 1-2 inches.
edit on 1/26/2013 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

edit on 1/26/2013 by Klassified because: More like 1-2 inches, if that.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 08:28 PM
link   
For those who are wondering where the "Truth about the Ouija Board" went, here it is:

I ran across these comments below a YouTube video that are pretty mind blowing:

I have played this game because I was curious if it was real or fake. So I played it 3 years ago with my friends at my house. One of my friends died 2 days later by playing this game. Just warning you its real and if you wanna play this game be ready to live with the consequences! Who knows what you are faced with!! don't %&@$ around with the devil he's stronger then you think. This is not science it real dark magic!

DMB7226 7 months ago Source

All of you that are saying that Ouija boards are fake are DEAD... WRONG!!!! My dad was almost KILLED using one to try to contact his grandpa when he was a kid. PLEASE! DONT USE ONE!?

Catarina Roza 2 months ago Source

A girl I know CLAWED HER FACE TO PIECES after playing with a Ouiji board. She went crazy!!!!!. PLEASE guys just don't even go there. These things are bad news.

Jakki Jimms 1 month ago Source

Once you use the damn thing, you let your door open to evil spirits. A friend of mine used it a long time ago and now she's in a hospital. She starts talking about a tall black thing that watches her and talks to her. She regrets using the Ouija board.

lupster4 2 months ago Source

We played that in the closet for fun while laughing like idiots...until the closet closes itself from outside locking us inside ... We were screaming like dogs in a cage with asthma and in the dark, we couldnt see a thing. I was 8 back then and the older brother of my friend had to break trough the door so we can get out... I was scared...

There is still a dark spirit attached to me and its been 14 years since. I think it is related to what happened on that day. The spirit is screaming at me and scaring me during some of my nights... I wake up swearing and I am paralyzed each time...I am not joking man.

Vinnyboy333 2 months ago Source

I knew a girl that had the ouija board predict the death of her friend in a week via a car crash. A week to the day she died.

afar1 4 months ago Source

i cannot stress enough than to ask you DO NOT USE THIS all this does is open up the world of dark spirits my aunt was with a group of high school students they did this 1 student died 1 student went missing and my aunty was put into a mental institution for the rest of her life you can never close this curse once the board is in action it will never stop and it meaning the spirits will kill thats all they want

uthinkitsover 5 months ago Source

A few words of warning . Once contact is made , it's for LIFE ! The end result is usually an untimely death , suicide , insanity , voices in the head , the feeling of being possessed and not being able to move ..... and things of that nature . You have been warned

harmageden 5 months ago Source

My uncle actually died from using one of these. My mother told me. She told me how it happened, but I think it's too personal to put it up for the trolls to laugh at. Anyway I was told not to play with them because they're dangerous.
Chuck Norris 10 months ago Source

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lichter daraus
reply to post by cjttatu

not sure where your from but it isn't ban around here.
As a matter of fact i think they just recently came out with a glow in the dark board.

im from the uk,and they stopped selling them in shops, i think americans call 'head shops'
i'd say (but not certain) around about 1987 and it's only a faint memory that they were banned.

lol nice bit of uncertanty for you in that sentance

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Murgatroid

You see, this is what gives the Ouija board its mystique, and its ability to strike fear and expectation into the hearts of those who even speak its name. It's an inanimate object folks.

However, I will say this much. If you fear the Ouija board, you probably shouldn't be using it. In doing so, you magnify your own worst fears.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 08:39 PM
link   
The ouija board I had in the seventies had a triangle with a hole in it. That seems to be the right shape, the heart shape has nothing to do with the eye of Horus/Ra

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

reply to post by homeslice

Well, the point of the post is that it strikes me as really odd (to say the least) that people actually put their believes into a commercial item, because that is pretty much all a ouija board is, a commercial board game

Just a board game? I once used a divining rod that located a oija board in the woods. I cleaned it, but while rubbing some polish on it, a genie popped up and granted me three wishes. One of my wishes was that I wanted a special woman to fall madly in love with me. Before going to see this woman, I brushed my hair, but the brush flew out of my hand and broke the mirror - 7 years of bad luck! This bad luck turned my woman into a unicorn and flew away. And then the spirit of the Virgin Mary appeared before me to say that her son was upset with me for believing in something as silly as divining rods. What a day THAT was!

Seven years of bad luck would have been if you married that woman. She sounded kind of horny to me, she would have taken off with some other guy and your house.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

That.

Is.

Brilliant

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Ignore the lies, demons masquerade as human spirits or “angels of light” to hide their true identity and agenda.

"Ghosts" are actually undercover demons with a stealth agenda.

There are NO "friendly" ghosts. And they ALWAYS lie..

Demons, just like vacuum cleaner salesmen, will use ANY doorway you leave open.

For those of you who want to see just how dangerous and deadly this occult device really is, I would highly recommend that you read this book: “The Ouija Board – A Doorway to the Occult”..

In this book are real, live, documented cases of people who literally drew in evil demonic spirits in their lives as a result of engaging with the ouija board – and in many of these cases, these demons actually entered into the person’s body. This device is so deadly and dangerous, that even many mediums will not try and dabble with it.

"...a 22 year old man was playing with a ouija board with his girlfriend one night. One night as they were playing with it, a ghost all of a sudden appeared to him and started to talk with him. He then left his girlfriend’s house, but the ghost followed him all the way back to his home. When he got back home, the ghost would not quit talking to him. He said he got mad and tried to tell it to leave, but it would not obey him.

He then called up one of his friends who was a Christian and she told him that it was probably a demonic spirit and that he should command it to go to the light of Jesus Christ. When she pronounces out this specific command to the demon, this particular demon leaves.

But then all of a sudden a bigger and more evil, demonic spirit now starts talking to him, but this time this spirit is now speaking to him from the inside of his body. In other words, this demonic spirit has now entered into his body and has now taken up full residence in there. From this point on, this man now has a real live demon literally living on the inside of him."

Dangers of the Ouija Board

During my former phone ministry every single harassment victim I worked with who'd ever used a Ouija Board had demonic spirits manifest (make their presence known) in the course of the deliverance session. Even when a person fails to contact a spirit through the Ouija Board, the mere act of trying invites demonic spirits into his life.

I've worked with literally hundreds of harassment victims, helping them to identify the things in their lives that have opened the doors to the demonic. In every case -- without exception -- demonic spirits have manifested in association with anything for which a power had been assigned.

In 1949 in Cottage City, Maryland a boy started exhibiting unusual symptoms after he and his family had used a Ouija Board. This boy's bed would shake, and furniture would move when he was present -- pushed by an unseen force. While most harassment victims don't experience having the furniture moved, shaking and vibrating beds are common. The spirits harassing this boy took possession, and the boy's experiences became more and more bizarre. When medical science was unable to help the boy, a priest was called in. Nearly thirty years later, William Peter Blatty wrote a book loosely based on the boy's experiences. This book was to become the basis for the blockbuster movie The Exorcist.

Ouija Boards and Communicating with Demonic Spirits

THE OUIJA BOARD: AN OCCULTIC DOORWAY TO DEMONIC SPIRITS

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Murgatroid

I'm willing to bet there are as many deaths after playing Snakes and Ladders or Monopoly.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join